09. Church Of Disgust
10. Destroyer Or Creator
11. Sheep Of The Regime [feat. Ol Drake]
12. Stand Up And Shout [feat. Ol Drake] [Dio cover] [Limited Edition bonus]
13. The Price [demo] [North American bonus]

Guest review by
Mattybu
Rating:
Destruction are veteran thrash metallers, one part of the "Big 3" of German thrash. All these bands have actually had pretty great releases in recent days, as Sodom's last album was great and Kreator's most recent kicked a good amount of ass, too. Unfortunately, I don't think I can say the same about the latest release from Destruction, Day of Reckoning.

Read more ››
published 01.10.2011 | Comments (4)

Found in 11 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 17   Visited by: 437 users
18.12.2010 - 12:55
Baz Anderson

This is a great album. The new drummer is fantastic.
18.12.2010 - 21:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 18.12.2010 at 12:55

This is a great album. The new drummer is fantastic.

Gah! It must be great being a metal journalist. Getting to hear all these albums before anyone else! lol

Although I was disappointed with the last album, my hopes are quite high for the new one, cos the one new song I have heard ("The Price") was awesome. xD
18.12.2010 - 21:08
Baz Anderson

Written by Angelic Storm on 18.12.2010 at 21:06

Gah! It must be great being a metal journalist. Getting to hear all these albumse before anyone else! lol

Although I was disappointed with the last album, my hopes are quite high for the new one, cos the one new song I have heard ("The Price") was awesome. xD

Yeh, you can hear from that song that the drums have gone up many levels.
I have the new Die Apokalyptischen Reiter album too, but I think they must have given me some demo songs by accident or something because the production is literally beyond terrible.
18.12.2010 - 21:14
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Baz Anderson on 18.12.2010 at 21:08
Yeh, you can hear from that song that the drums have gone up many levels.
I have the new Die Apokalyptischen Reiter album too, but I think they must have given me some demo songs by accident or something because the production is literally beyond terrible.

I actually thought Marc Reign was a decent drummer, but the drumming I heard on "The Price" is superior to anything Marc did with Destruction. The new guy seems like he'll add some more intensity to their sound.

Haha, I guess being sent stuff by bands isnt always good then.
15.02.2011 - 02:37
Rating: 7
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Pretty good, could be one or two songs shorter though
----
loves 小巫
15.02.2011 - 13:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ag Fox on 15.02.2011 at 02:37

Pretty good, could be one or two songs shorter though

Agreed. Its far better and more consistent than their last album though, which was disappointing.

The "Stand Up And Shout" cover is awesome as well. Great tribute to Dio! xD
20.02.2011 - 08:07
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
I liked this album a ton!!! It's got the "mechanized assault" sound that destruction likes to roll with and it just flows way better than the last couple albums. Honestly this was a good step up!
----
22.02.2011 - 09:34
Rating: 9
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Man, The Price kicks-ass!
25.02.2011 - 18:17
avadis

WTF...SO FUCKIN' ALSOME
17.03.2011 - 17:52
lordbeherit666

I wonder what this time Invent veterans Destruction disappointed but not 666% raw meaty thrash metal drums, wild wild solos, vocals Schirmer even smothering it to the wall for me the best album since the days of the Antichrist awfully good, Destruction has shown how to play good Fucking stray thrash!!!
02.04.2011 - 20:51
EspeciallyEspe

Wow.. this album is just amazing. I just love the raw Teutonic power that each song displays. I felt that some of that was taken away in their "Devolution" album... but they have certainly brought it back here. The drumming, especially, seems to stand out in this album and, as always, that key Teutonic element is prominent in every riff. Definitely a more memorable album in my books... probably the best since "The Antichrist". My favourite songs as of recently would have to be "Sheep of the Regime", "Misfit", "Hate is My Fuel", and "The Price"... oh and "Church of Disgust" (yeah... a lot of favourites)
9/10 for sure.
----
My avatar spells "espe"... can you see it?
11.04.2011 - 13:32
fabregassed
Account deleted
Can't get into this one. Finding it so unmemorable.
28.07.2011 - 01:07
Mega Wolf

Don't know why but I think this is an average album. Maybe it just need some time to grow on me, I mean, I thought the same thing about Devolution but now I really enjoy it.
24.08.2011 - 07:11
Rulatore

New drummer is fantastic, but the songs aren't memorable =/
11.11.2011 - 17:19
Rating: 8
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
Quite surprisingly, I enjoyed this album a lot. Yes, not all songs here are memorable but they are all strong and intense thrash hymns that made me relentlessly bang my poor head.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
14.05.2013 - 13:44
PrepareForMetal
Account deleted
Back to the roots. Fast, brutal and fucking wild
12.02.2015 - 19:13
Toxik

Amazing drums. Only thing that keep me to give a 10 it's Destroyer Or Creator and The Demon Is God.

Hits total: 12864 | This month: 15