11. All Ends Well
12. Done
13. Attention [limited edition bonus]
14. The Reflection [live] [limited edition bonus]
15. The Fallout [live] [limited edition bonus]

Staff review by
Troy Killjoy
Rating:
These Swedes aren't unknown to most metal fans - hell, they've been around for about 15 years now. 15 years of relative stability in terms of their line-up too. Not only are they a stable veteran band, but they also helped further develop the whole melodeath/thrash movement. Not too shabby.

Now 15 years as a band should impress people. And in its own right, it is pretty impressive. But there's also an inherent problem that comes with writing music with pretty much the same people for a decade-and-a-half: stagnation. The Haunted ran out of gas. It happens to the best... er, well, it happens to everyone.

Read more ››
published 30.11.2011 | Comments (21)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 46   Visited by: 456 users
18.12.2010 - 21:18
Rating: 7
Angelic Storm
Melodious
I really hope this will be better than the last album, cos I found that one to be very patchy...
15.02.2011 - 22:43
Rating: 10
JimInFlames

It will be angelic!, allthough i have to say it their last one wasnt a huge dissapointment, it was preety tough.
Its just no more thrash death rythm for them.
Btw whats wrong with the names of the songs??! 'Them'
----
Archaic pearls of sleep and death,
The voice of December losing its breath.
And the floweryard of white and gray is haunted,
Is haunted.
16.03.2011 - 10:52
Rating: 6
Destructo

Really really scared this is gonna be another disappointment.
16.03.2011 - 16:33
Kubina91

The Haunted = six great albums But Unseen is big mainstream shit!
16.03.2011 - 16:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Kubina91 on 16.03.2011 at 16:33

Haven't heard it yet, but in addition to this comment, I am not hearing good things about this one...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.03.2011 - 17:47
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Unseen is fucking awesome! Guaranteed a lot of people are going to hate this one because they dared to experiment a little bit. There's kind of a bit of stoner vibe going on and it works rather well.
16.03.2011 - 18:54
Rating: 4
Marios P

Can I have my good old "Haunted" thrash back please???
I don't want any of these experimental shite that they have done lately...
16.03.2011 - 19:31
jaxn1967

Sounds a bit like TOOL.
What happened?:noidea:
16.03.2011 - 19:50
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher

even if this is shitty i am sure you can find more shitty albums to rate with "1" than this. try to be realistic mate and objective mate..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
16.03.2011 - 20:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 16.03.2011 at 17:47

Unseen is fucking awesome! Guaranteed a lot of people are going to hate this one because they dared to experiment a little bit. There's kind of a bit of stoner vibe going on and it works rather well.

I seen this lame comment in the comments section of the Metalsucks' stream of the album. One guy said a negative point of the album was: "...my metal friends would most definitely make fun of me if they caught me listening to it." Too many people care what other people think of the music they listen to, and allow it to effect their own opinions, and judgements of albums. Very sad really...

As for my opinion of the album, I like it, although it's quite patchy and inconsistent songwriting wise. I don't think the whole album has a stoner vibe, but "No Ghost" certainly has strong overtones of stoner metal. And I love that song, and it's a sparkling highlight of the album. "The Skull", "Motionless" and "The City" are top songs as well. Some songs feel a bit short and unfinished, ("The City" being a prime example) and I wish there was more solos on the album... Overall, I am a bit disappointed with it, but some of the experimentation really paid off, and I think I do prefer this one to "Versus". "All Ends Well" is a terrible song though, maybe The Haunted's worst ever! lol
16.03.2011 - 21:31
Rating: 2
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King

+1

This album was painful to listen to.. Worst piece of shit I've heard this year.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
17.03.2011 - 00:03
sabotender

If it's between the mediocrity that was Versus and this... I opt for a new At the Gates album.
----
Death is but the Beginning.
17.03.2011 - 00:04
sabotender

And what's with the Clutch tribute on track 2? lol. horrid.
----
Death is but the Beginning.
17.03.2011 - 00:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by sabotender on 17.03.2011 at 00:03
I opt for a new At the Gates album.

Despite what they've said in the past, it wouldn't surprise me hugely if At The Gates did another album. They've already reformed again for more shows this summer, so who knows?
17.03.2011 - 18:33
Therapy?

I found this band by "accident" when I was buying cheap 2nd hand metal CD's on ebay from bands that I vaguely or never heard of, hoping to strike gold. With "The Dead Eye" I found I did. (I also discovered Sikth and Threat Signal with it, both awesome).

The song "The Flood" absolutely blew me away. What a masterpiece of a song! I enthousiastically checked out "Versus" as well because I wanted to hear more, but was kinda disappointed in that one because it didn't have the same vibe. I've just now listened to a couple of songs from this new album and I still can't find the good "old" stuff I am looking for. It's even further away from that perfection. Maybe I should check out their older stuff... haven't took the time to do that yet.
18.03.2011 - 21:41
Rating: 2
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Written by Guest on 18.03.2011 at 18:55

What's funny ( or pathetic to the point of being funny) is reading posts from people complaining that a band is being commercial or mainstream, while listing among their favorite bands stuff like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Trivium, etc.

I don't mind mainstream music if I like the way it sounds. This sucks the big one though.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
22.03.2011 - 02:00
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
I must admit i saw this coming. Their last albums were experimental and somehow paved the way to this shit.
I don't mind bands that leap to a mainstream sound, for example, Paradise Lost and Anathema got mainstream and i still love both. However, "Unseen" is not a quality mainstream album and that's what bugs me the most.
If they wanted to move forward to a more direct and easy listening approach, fine by me, however, it should be at least a good album, not this shit. Sorry, this is shit. The bright side is that probably these soft experimental albums may preceed a more violent and faster one. Lets wait for it.
28.03.2011 - 02:50
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Thats too bad i thought this was going to be good, seems i was wrong
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
31.03.2011 - 15:48
JimInFlames

1) Mainstream doesn't depend on music, but on how much a band is commercialized.
2) Many of you, don't be in the mood '' it will suck '', because some idiots say so, the album was very good.
3) The haunted NEVER sold them selves and NEVER will, that's why they will NEVER be mainstream.
Thrash-death is dead for the haunted, and thats a best for a band, to keep evolving, and revolving(!).
I mean think,there are a lot of bands out there who recycle their stuff.... *cough* maiden *cough*
The Haunted rules \m/
----
Archaic pearls of sleep and death,
The voice of December losing its breath.
And the floweryard of white and gray is haunted,
Is haunted.
31.03.2011 - 20:04
AndreOliveira

I love the haunted, but not like this album. I was waiting for a good thrash metal album. Disappointed
31.03.2011 - 23:14
Kenos
Account deleted
The Haunted's crowning achievement.
12.04.2011 - 18:42
Sepulnation

This album remember me "Anthrax - Stomp 442".. .don't ask me why :S...
----
fuck shit up!
04.05.2011 - 13:06
Kuroboshi

Written by Guest on 31.03.2011 at 23:14

The Haunted's crowning achievement.

I second that.

I had to force myself to listen to the end. Apart from Them, it was sucky suck suck.
13.05.2011 - 01:56
danmc

'll give the guys a new chance.:yes:
----
\m/
20.06.2011 - 18:47
Destructo

This is definitely better than their last album (which was simply horrible). A definite step-up, but stop expecting the "old Haunted" coz that Haunted is dead. Period.
29.11.2011 - 08:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Oh god am I ever going to be flamed for this review...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.11.2011 - 08:40
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.11.2011 at 08:34

Oh god am I ever going to be flamed for this review...

Not by me you won't.
29.11.2011 - 08:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.11.2011 at 08:40
Not by me you won't.

Let's just say it's going to be an even lower rating than initially thought...
----
29.11.2011 - 08:59
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Troy Killjoy on 29.11.2011 at 08:42

Let's just say it's going to be an even lower rating than initially thought...

Well, going by most of the comments in this thread, I'd say that most people will probably agree with your rating.
29.11.2011 - 09:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Angelic Storm on 29.11.2011 at 08:59
Well, going by most of the comments in this thread, I'd say that most people will probably agree with your rating.

True enough, although some people referred to this as their best album.
----

Hits total: 12049 | This month: 23