Metal Storm logo
Sirenia - Release New Track And Album Trailer

Original news, posted on 20.12.2010

Sirenia just released a brand new song of their upcoming album The Enigma Of Life. Check out "The End Of It All" at the bands official MySpace profile.

The Enigma Of Life marks the band's second effort to feature X Factor winner contestant Ailyn on vocals and will be out on January 21, 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records. More album details were previously reported here.

UPDATE

A short album trailer for Sirenia's upcoming effort, The Enigma Of Life, can now be watched below.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sirenia
Posted: 29.12.2010 by Kriegsphilosoph

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 186 users
20.12.2010 - 23:03
bif91

Did she really win x Factor or not?
"In May 2007, she was selected as a member of the young team in the Spanish version of X Factor.
In the different episodes she sang Time After Time, Moonlight Shadow, Bring Me to Life and Why. She was eliminated in the fourth episode."
from wikipedia...
----
"It's the team that matters. Where would The Beatles be without Ringo? If John got Yoko to play drums the history of music would be completely different"
- David Brent
20.12.2010 - 23:36
ndawkn

It says "The End of it All (edit)", I guess that means the growling part has been cut off..

Well, it sure is something new.. as usually, Veland isn't just re-doing the previous albums but doing something new.. on the other hand, it's sounds pretty damn similar to any other female-fronted metal band. Oh well, can't really judge the entire album yet, but I hope there will be more surprises.
21.12.2010 - 00:18
pagb666

@bif91 She didn't win at all. She was the favourite contestant of one of the judges, did a wonderful attempt at "Moonlight Shadow" from Mike Oldfield, and I think it was semi finals where she did an awful "Bring me to Life" cover (IMHO) and got out of contest.
21.12.2010 - 00:41
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by pagb666 on 21.12.2010 at 00:18

@bif91 She didn't win at all. She was the favourite contestant of one of the judges, did a wonderful attempt at "Moonlight Shadow" from Mike Oldfield, and I think it was semi finals where she did an awful "Bring me to Life" cover (IMHO) and got out of contest.
Thanks for clarifying. I was wondering about it after I saw the post haha
----
loves 小巫
21.12.2010 - 02:26
Ag Fox
Angel No More
I quite like it actually

being danceable doesn't necessarily make you popular. Don't see KMFDM breaking any chart records
----
loves 小巫
21.12.2010 - 03:29
bif91

Written by pagb666 on 21.12.2010 at 00:18

Thanks for confirming. Was little curious when it was stated above that she won, so wanted to check it up, and again wiki had the facts
----
"It's the team that matters. Where would The Beatles be without Ringo? If John got Yoko to play drums the history of music would be completely different"
- David Brent
21.12.2010 - 07:38
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Hmmm... Well, not so impressed, though not bad of course. The mix leaves the guitars further in the background than last time around, but there is an appreciated, if predictable solo. Seems like another release on auto-pilot.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
21.12.2010 - 13:41
beyondtehdarksun

Sound like anything off Nine Destinies to me, which is NOT a good thing at all. Their last one was so much better...

But I'm impressed that he managed to release 2 albums with the same female singer oO
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
21.12.2010 - 14:14
Justicelust

It sound like the previous albut, but it'snot bad anyway.
I'm disappointed that there is no growling. I hope the other songs contain growling vocal.
22.12.2010 - 21:02
mariano

Written by Guest on 21.12.2010 at 01:26

Just another danceable, hit-seeking pop song hiding behind radio-friendly trash guitars.

I wonder how people would look like dancing at the beat of Sirenia :
...anyway, Sirenia use to add some grunts here an there and that way it seems they kill any chance of radio success
23.12.2010 - 03:10
muska

just my 2 cents - they hit the peak with the first album, second was on par, maybe a little less impressive, but after that rolling down the hill or more like snowballing down the hill. nine destinies wasn't too bad but very forgettable, and i don't expect much from the new one. maybe by setting a bar lower i'll be pleasantly surprised, but doubt it. going the pop(ular) road might get them more money and a wider audience, but it will annihilate the true fan base...
23.12.2010 - 12:58
beyondtehdarksun

Anyone noticed the 'singles' from both the last two albums didn't have growls? I guess it doesn't tell anything about the album.
I hope for some surprises like the clean male vocals on the last one.
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
31.12.2010 - 08:34
Slyfang

Mr. My-goatee-makes-me-look-so-uber-gothic does it again.. absolutely nothing special
05.01.2011 - 19:59
Ernis
狼獾
Just after seeing the video for the new song. Ailin is an eye-candy. But the song itself sounds sort of tired. The last album's hit song "Path To Decay" was more interesting. And let's not just remember the first two albums. The music used to have electricity and flow back then. Well, let's still hope the rest of the album is not that diluted...

Hits total: 4177 | This month: 3