‹‹ Back to the General music forum Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]
Users visited: 224  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by patrickmetal12 on 21.12.2010 at 18:54
A friend of mine asked my why i hated metal core and all those other weird -core bands out there.
I really dislike like the music they make. I want to be able explain why it is hated so much.
enlighten me (and everyone who comes across this topic)

Page 6 of 6

deadone
Mainstream Poser

01.07.2014 at 08:47
Written by Guib on 01.07.2014 at 07:28

Frankly I don't hate metalcore at all... the only thing I dislike about it, is the crowd hardcore-dancing during live shows. That's it.

We started getting that stupid hardcore dancing at Death Metal shows about 10 years ago. One of the things that stopped me going to the pit.

I once elbowed some dickhead in the gut who tried that shit with me. Then security took him out.
Guib

01.07.2014 at 10:01
Written by deadone on 01.07.2014 at 08:47

Written by Guib on 01.07.2014 at 07:28

Frankly I don't hate metalcore at all... the only thing I dislike about it, is the crowd hardcore-dancing during live shows. That's it.

We started getting that stupid hardcore dancing at Death Metal shows about 10 years ago. One of the things that stopped me going to the pit.

I once elbowed some dickhead in the gut who tried that shit with me. Then security took him out.

I see, well frankly I'm surprised you had that during a DM show. Well there's places for that thing they do... and Death Metal gigs are not among them.
Sorry for you.
----
- I love my technical, melodic, my thrash, agressive and fast paced, my sludge, well thought, my heavy, heavier and my metal, ever-growing -
deadone
Mainstream Poser

02.07.2014 at 02:29
Written by Guib on 01.07.2014 at 10:01

I see, well frankly I'm surprised you had that during a DM show. Well there's places for that thing they do... and Death Metal gigs are not among them.
Sorry for you.

It was metal guys doing it too.

Bare in mind I live in a small city and the metal scene is small and there is no hardcore scene to speak of.

And a lot of people were dumb like the supposed straight edge vegetarian dickhead who drank booze and ate meat. His rationale was he'd drink if it was free and he'd meat if he was drunk.
no one

02.07.2014 at 08:04
There was a big hardcore/metalcore scene in nz a while back. I used to get drunk and hassle the straight edge kids.......mman i was soo coool!

I used to go to there gigs because they would always play alongside punk bands. The pit would usually part and individuals would take turns going in the middle doing there hardcore dance moves.

Was pretty funny really, but they were all very passionate i'll give them that
Un-Born Again

03.07.2014 at 09:18
Written by Guib on 01.07.2014 at 10:01

Sorry for you.

That's what I don't like is the hardcore dancing as well. It's mostly at local shows though.
What I've noticed is that the people who do it are afraid to actually mosh or circle pit or do a wall of death.
Me and my friends always mosh and the hardcore dancers will just stand back and stare at us.
I don't get the whole flinging of the arms and legs as if you were fighting invisible people.
Other than that I don't have any real complaints about metalcore or deathcore except for the whiny screams and over used breakdowns.
Although I do enjoy some tunes from Killswitch Engage, a song or two by All That Remains.
As for deathcore the only bands I've found enjoyable is Job For A Cowboy and With Blood Comes Cleansing.
----
Under The Frozen Piercing Rain

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]

Login or register to post here.