Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - Have A New Video Online

"Dimmu Borgir," the new video by Norwegian symphonic black metal band, Dimmu Borgir, is now available for viewing below. The video was created by Katapult Films (Rammstein) director Sandra Marschner (Marilyn Manson, Children Of Bodom, Mando Diao).

The track "Dimmu Borgir" comes off the band's most recent effort, Abrahadabra.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 24.12.2010 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 206 users
24.12.2010 - 13:25
Elodie Artour
Slania
"Dimmu Borgir" by... Dimmu Borgir - seriously?

Damn, what a poppy song that is!

P.S.: I like the dogs, though.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
24.12.2010 - 14:18
Dominus
The Shooter
Abrahadabra: Album of the year.
IMHO.
24.12.2010 - 15:09
Constantine

F*ck Vevo or what is it. Video blocked in my country. Like I am from China or Africa. This streaming restrictions are just ridiculous.
24.12.2010 - 15:26
I_Die_Often

I've been wanting to hear more of this album before I consider purchasing it... still not impressed...
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
24.12.2010 - 16:08
Stigmatized
Meh, if you listen to it without watching the video it's a decently catchy song. Still not my band of choice, they never have been, but it's not the worst thing I've ever heard. I like the choir sounds too.
24.12.2010 - 16:57
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
And you thought Gateways wasn't bad enough....what's next? a Dimmu Borgir movie?
24.12.2010 - 18:02
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
THIS IS THE GRE@ET3st video ever. Less random girls popping up saying "hi" and no more milk and chocolate syrup ebing thrown at unsuspecting girls taking a bath. Its OBVIOUS that they listened to there tr00 fans because they added 300% more Ghalder face, and they also walk there dogs in the video. THATS so KVLT!!!!!!!!!! Looks like they smacked there b1tch3s up HARDCOREZ because they have there mouths sown from all that bitch slapping they got. "You don't want your chocolate syrup" *K-K-K-SMACK*.
24.12.2010 - 18:12
RavenKing

Boring popmetal song. And Dimmu Borgir is supposed to be extreme metal? What a bad joke.
That's what happens when you make metal sound appealing for the mainstream masses: it sucks.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
24.12.2010 - 19:40
corrupt
With a lowercase c
I seem to be the only one around here actually enjoying Abrahadabra which is a pity because it's a pretty decent album. I don't think any of us expected Dimmu Borgir to go back to Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. And they didn't. But as a symphonic album it's really cool. Unfortunately this video isn't available in my puny country either, so I can't judge the video. But neither 'Gateways' nor 'Dimmu Borgir' can be described as characteristic of the whole album. The album itself is really varied. If people can't lose their black metal expectations it's clear how they end up disappointed by this. I for one am looking forward to their upcoming tour. Their old classics and the new material should guarantee an awesome live show.
----
24.12.2010 - 20:28
Lovecraft
Account deleted
Now that's a really poppy song, but it could have been worse.
24.12.2010 - 21:38
aporyon

Muahahaha!!!
24.12.2010 - 21:49
Kratos

Damn, this one wasn't even funny. Dimmu, I am disappoint...
24.12.2010 - 21:53
sbgmetal

If ur like me and this is the first time i have heard their music then its kinda like... i dunno bout this..
24.12.2010 - 22:14
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Sick ass song but the video sucks. pretty halfassed and the image changes every 3 seconds which is really annoying.

i really like the album. prolly cuz i really like symphonic metal tho
----
pewpew.. gotcha
24.12.2010 - 22:14
Don_Doom

Why Galder....WHYYYY????

Why are you with Dimmu...
24.12.2010 - 22:15
Zhao
The Arkaholic
The only thing I can think of is this line from daniell_p's review:

"Dimmu Borgir have a stupid image and idiotic videos."
24.12.2010 - 22:55
Windrider
Raureif
I love the song, its really one of their best, but the video is more of Immortal-like freaking around with no sense...
24.12.2010 - 23:42
MetalFreak

As far as metal music videos go, this one was alright. I could give a shit about videos, it's all about the music. Personally I find their new album to be a world apart from their last album, in a good way. These fine fellows continue to grow as musicians and I hope it only gets better.
25.12.2010 - 06:52
Wyrd

Poppy song, Eh? I think the music is great. 8/10 for me
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
26.12.2010 - 13:09
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Written by Irritable Ted on 25.12.2010 at 17:45

At least you can watch it, its blocked here. I live in the UK not fucking Iran.

Not better in Germany.
----
26.12.2010 - 15:13
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
That video was really, really boring, which is sad because their videos tend to be unintentionally hilarious, and I actually liked their "Progenies..." video.
26.12.2010 - 16:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Cant see it it says its blocked in Swe, any other link?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.12.2010 - 19:53
ANGEL REAPER

So decent continues.....
It's blocked in Serbia too.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.12.2010 - 09:35
BloodFireDeath

I think I am the only person who loves this album haha
----
Goodspeed on the Devils Thunder
28.12.2010 - 02:20
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Huh, another boring video with counterproductive editing, with a song that makes me feel... well... did I even have an emotional response?
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
12.01.2011 - 11:39
kaylamacgavin

Written by Don_Doom on 24.12.2010 at 22:14

Why Galder....WHYYYY????

That's what I want to know.
12.01.2011 - 11:39
kaylamacgavin

Written by Don_Doom on 24.12.2010 at 22:14

Why Galder....WHYYYY????

That's what I want to know.