Metal Storm logo
Stargazery - Set To Release Debut Album

Finnish Heavy metal band Stargazery has signed with Pure Legend Records - a subdivision of Pure Steel Records.

Stargazery was founded in 2005 and is the new band of Ghost Machinery/Burning Point guitarist Pete Ahonen, and is fronted by former Michael Schenker Group/Masterstroke vocalist Jari Tiura.

The ambitious band is playing Hard-Rock influenced melodic metal on high standard in vein of the late Rainbow-phase and Dio. Stargazery has recently completed work on their debut album, Eye On The Sky, which will be released worldwide in the first quarter of 2011. The album was recorded and mixed at the HellGate and the Reindeer Horns studios in Oulu/Finland, and mastered at Bazement Studios. Cover artwork is done by Felipe Machado (Thunderblast).

The band's first single, entitled "Dying" is streaming on the band's MySpace, as well as a demo version of the song "How Many Miles".

Statement from Stargazery: "We all are very excited and happy to sign to Germany's Pure Legend Records, an specialized sublabel of the well-known Pure Steel Records. We've seen that the label has been raising their profile year after year and we are really looking forward to work with them in the future."

Commented PLR general manager Andreas Lorenz: "It's a dream to release such a gem as first release. Stargazery are playing exactly the honest kind of music we want to support with Pure Legend Records. Anything (instruments, compositions and sound) can only be called excellent. You hear and practically feel the professionalism of the individual musicians. A perfect album in this genre!"

The Stargazery line-up looks as follows:

Vocals: Jari Tiura (ex-Michael Schenker Group, ex-Masterstroke, Snakegod)
Guitars & backing vocals: Pete Ahonen (Ghost Machinery, Burning Point)
Bass & backing vocals: Jukka Jokikokko (Burning Point)
Keyboards: Marco Sneck (Poisonblack, Kalmah)
Drums: Jussi Ontero (Ghost Machinery, Burning Point)

Eye On The Sky [cover art] tracklist:

01. Dying
02. Puppet On A String
03. I Am The Night
04. Eye On The Sky
05. How Many Miles
06. Judah
07. S.O.S
08. Every Day I Dream Of You
09. Jester Of Kings
10. Headless Cross (Black Sabbath cover)

Source: puresteel-records.com
Posted: 30.12.2010 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 4 users
02.01.2011 - 19:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I Am The Nigh - shoodnt it be I Am The Night or nigh is sometjhing alse?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1976 | This month: 6