Metal Storm logo
Top 10 Attended Concerts

03.01.2011 - 05:49
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Some time ago I've posted this in The Last Concert You Attended topic.

Written by O Sinistron on 20.03.2009 at 21:48

Iron Maiden, here in Rio! Last Saturday!
A great show! Really Astonishing, the best Rock show I've attended!

My Top 10 Rank:
01 - Iron Maiden: Somewhere Back In Time World Tour - 2009 - Rio de Janeiro
02 - Ozzy Osbourne: Ozzy Osbourne + Korn + Black Label Society Latin American Tour - 2008 - Rio de Janeiro
03 - Judas Priest: Latin America Tour - 2008 - Rio de Janeiro
04 - Dream Theater: Octavarium Tour - 2005 - Rio de Janeiro
05 - Silverchair: Rock In Rio III - 2001 - Rio de Janeiro
06 - Angra: Aurora Consurgens Tour - 2006 - Rio de Janeiro
07 - Motörhead: Tour - 2007 - Rio de Janeiro
08 - Nightwish: S. American Tour - 2008 - Rio de Janeiro
09 - Red Hot Chilli Peppers: Rock In Rio III - 2001 - Rio de Janeiro
10 - Black Label Society: Ozzy Osbourne + Korn + Black Label Society Latin American Tour - 2008 - Rio de Janeiro

Today I was chatting with Juliana, and we started to figure wich were our best Attended Concerts.
And I remembered of posting this...

Of course I've attended some other concerts after that date... including Rush, my favourite band along with Motörhead. Wich means this rank may be a little outdated. After this concerts season in Rio, I'll update my rank!

So people, tell what were your Top 10 Attended Concerts.
----
Last.fm
03.01.2011 - 09:57
O Sinistron
Hopeless Sinner
Written by Juliana on 03.01.2011 at 06:04

It's just weird that you put Angra as #6 and RHCP as #9.
I wonder how and why Angra had a better performance in your opinion

I like Angra a lot. But I would be liying if I tell I'd rather them than Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I was also surprised when I saw they in a so low position.
In that same day at Rock In Rio III, I've watched Silverchair, and their concert held in me a greater impression, even I being much more fond in Red Hot than in Silvechair.

But it happened because of the proposal of the list. It's not "My top 10 favourite bands seen in Live Action", it is my "Top 10 Attended Concerts".
So even being a greater fan of RHCP, their R.I.R. III show coulda had used of more bite, and they should have left their classic songs to the end of It, they finished the concert playing a lot of unknow songs....

And just check my MS concerts background: http://www.metalstorm.net/events/events.php?e_where=eu.user_id&e_what=783&events_past=on
You'll see I've attended to Dream Theater once more in 2008 to the Systematic Chaos Tour.
But their 2005 show was better for me, because in 2008 they were too distant from the public, having an aura of superiority. In the Octavarium tour (2005) they were close to the audience, they laughed, they were enjoying and thus it were more enjoyable to us.

See that the Blind Guardian show I attended, in 2007, isn't in that list either, and they are one of my favourite bands of all time!
Just today I was presenting their "Getting Into" to a friend wich is not familiar with the band. But their performance in 2007 in Rio, were not one of the best I've seen, and I'm sure they can do better than they did.

Obs: I've limited My Rank only to Rock concerts because getting out of that sphere it becomes too hard to compare.
I've attended to Chico Buarque, Toquinho, and a bunch of other quality musicians. But I can't measure wich one is better, Chico or Black Sabbath, Toquinho or Iron Maiden. They're the top in their respectives arts!

PS: That List only comprehends the shows I've attended until the Iron Maiden show in 14.03.2009. After that I've had the pleasure to attend to KISS, Heaven And Hell(Black Sabbath), Rush and others. I will remake that list.
----
Last.fm
03.01.2011 - 14:18
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Hmm, let's see..

10.Nevermore - Wacken 2009 (31.07.2009). great fucking show, playing only the classics, and i had a great viewpoint without too many people around but still close to the stage. during "Born" i remember they had like 200 people crowdsurfing.

9.Tiamat - Wacken 2010 (7.08.2010). a special show where they played only the Wildhoney album. relaxing and feel-good.

8.WASP - Wacken 2010 (7.08.2010). compact, straight to the point show, with a shitload of people (including me) singing along and going fucking crazy.

7.Grave Digger - Wacken 2010 (6.08.2010). they played the whole Tunes of War album.. need i say more?

6.Heaven and Hell - Wacken 2009 (30.07.2009). the best sound quality i've ever heard in a concert and obviously great performances from the heavy metal pioneers.

5.Rammstein - Sonisphere 2010 (27.06.2010). very creative show, with the most over the top pyrotechnics i've ever seen, and also lots of humor and audience participation.

4.Judas Priest - Bucharest (11.06.2008). the first time to see my absolute favorite band in concert. i remember when "Eat Me Alive" started i said to myself something like "ah fuck, they're playing their stuff too sl-" just then the drums started and i became a retarded gibbon with ADD for a few minutes.

3.Blind Guardian - Bucharest (18.05.2007). my first real metal show, left a deeply good impression on me, i remember also how i got lost and my dad had to take a cab to save me as i was in a bad neighborhood haha.

2.Saxon - Wacken 2009 (1.08.2009). a special "best-of" show of more than 2 hours, they played backwards through all their albums. the last 4 songs simply KILLED, the setlist is here: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/saxon/2009/wacken-open-air-wacken-germany-3bd7bc00.html

1.Accept - Sonisphere Bucharest (25.06.2010). simply the best show i've seen. great ambience(not too many people around the area in front of the stage), excellent sound quality, amazing performance and an almost perfect choice of songs. i've asked many other people how did they feel about the Accept concerts this summer and they said kinda the same: "well, i knew only Balls to the Wall and Fast as a Shark, but damnit they fucking rocked!"
03.01.2011 - 14:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Im vate Marcel and some older member list ....

5)Slade and Sweet - Luleå 2005
4)Europe - Luleå 2005
3)Entombed, Amon Amarth + Evile last year Luleå
2)April doom fest, last april Riga
1)Ozzy/BLS in Riga(I wrote rewiew long ago)
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.01.2011 - 16:56
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Nice topic, but in fact (and to my shame) i doubt i have even visited 10 concerts so far tbh i am still quite lazy in the matter of physically attending live shows...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.01.2011 - 17:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 03.01.2011 at 16:56

Nice topic, but in fact (and to my shame) i doubt i have even visited 10 concerts so far tbh i am still quite lazy in the matter of physically attending live shows...

Same here, money + road + staying , Lv travel dangerose, if you do alone, Swe to expenice since all hepens down soutrh, also weather + helth ishues
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.01.2011 - 22:26
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Written by Ellrohir on 03.01.2011 at 16:56

I feel your pain, dude.

Rio seems like a nice place.

My top 3 fav will have to be:
The American Carnage Tour w/ Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax (Show was amazing, but I regret 2 things: Not going into the pit and not grabbing that Dimmu Borgir flyer when I had the chance)
KISS - The Hottest Show On Earth (Awesome live show, would've been nice if they played God of Thunder)
Ozzfest 2010 (I actually like the Monster Stage better than the main one. It was more fun)
04.01.2011 - 01:04
MetalSpider
Ive only been to a very few shows because I dont like going by myself...and in the past, it was hard for me to get to the venues in Toronto from where I was.

Moonsorrow - 2006 or 2007 (I cant remember exactly when it was now lol)
Symphony X/Epica (without Simone on vocals, cause she was sick) - 2008
Kamelot/Leaves Eyes - 2007 I think
Alice Cooper - 2005
Iron Maiden - 2007 or 2008 (again I cant remember when exactly)
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
04.01.2011 - 16:14
Defiler82
1. Metallica - Garage Inc. Tour 1999, Rishon LeZion, Israel (Support band : The Jews... that's a hard-rock band in Israel, I'm not been racist or anything)
2. Iron Maiden - Early Days Tour 2005, Graspop 2005
3. Megadeth - United Abomination Tour 2007, Tel Aviv, Israel (Support : Betzefer)
4. Machine Head - The Blackening Tour 2008, Tel Aviv, Israel (Support : Betzefer)
5. Vader - Revelations Tour 2003, Rishon Lezion, Israel (Support : Shwratzechayea, Azazel)
6. Anthrax - Alive 2 Tour 2005, Graspop 2005
7. Nevermore - This Godless Endeavour Tour 2005, Graspop 2005
8. Darkane - Expanding Senses Tour 2003, Tel Aviv, Israel (Support : Atzec, Abed)
9. Lamb Of God - Wrath Tour 2010, Tel Aviv, Israel (Support : Chaos)
10. Soilwork - Stabbing The Drama Tour 2005, Graspop 2005
----
www.myspace.com/preyfornothing
04.01.2011 - 21:12
Snbn
1. Iron Maiden - Somewhere Back in Time Tour 2008 - Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland
2. Helloween / Gamma Ray / Axxis - Hellish Rock Tour 2007 - Pakkahuone, Tampere, Finland
3. W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol Tour 2007 or 2008 - Pakkahuone, Tampere, Finland
4. KISS - Alive 35 World Tour May 28, 2008 - Hartwall Arena, Helsinki, Finland
5. King Diamond - 2006 - Pakkahuone, Tampere, Finland
6. Sonata Arctica - Unia second part of Finland Tour 2006 - Messukeskus, Tampere, Finland

Last 4 is hard to but in order: Satyricon, Finntroll, Stam1na, Kamelot etc... I dont even member all the shows where i have been.
06.01.2011 - 05:04
wormdrink414
elite
1. Nile - Those Whom The Gods Detest part 1 with Krisiun and Immolation
2. Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, and The Black Dahlia Murder in 2009 (I think)
3. Clutch - Heard It All Before tour
4. Nile - Those Whom the Gods Detest part 2 with Psycroptic and the insufferable Ex Deo
5. Clutch - From Beale Street to Oblivion 2007
6. 3 Inches of Blood -January 2010 or December 09 with Holy Grail and a couple other unknowns
7. Van Halen - Reunion with Hagar in 2004 (first concert)
8. Pagan Fest 1 with Ensiferum, Eluveitie, and Moonsorrow
9. Wolves In The Throne Room gig in Washington
10. Some Finnish metal tour with Moonsorrow and Finntroll last year

The few other shows I've attended aren't really noteworthy.
08.01.2011 - 23:20
Endoftherainbow
1. Dying Fetus - 2005
2. Primus - 2009
3. Blind Guardian - 2006
4. Suffocation - 2009
5. Septycal Gorge - 2009
6. Origin - 2008
7. Augury - 2007
8. Opeth - 2005
9. Ensiferum - first show in north america whenever that was?
10. Megadeth - 2003

Honorable Mentions:
Moonsorrow, Nevermore, Tool, Quo Vadis, Gorgasm, Lamb of God, Infernal Revulsion, Devin Townsend, Symphony X, Dream Theater, and Municipal Waste
09.01.2011 - 08:02
FoolsuchasI
In no specific order, here are the ten bands that have impressed me the most:

MOONSPELL
SYSTEM OF A DOWN
SKINLESS
CRYPTOPSY (with Lord Worm)
UNEXPECT
ROB ZOMBIE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLOUGH FEG
KREATOR
GOATWHORE
11.01.2011 - 18:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
My list so far:

10. Iron Maiden, Sonisphere, '10. The setlist which most people seemed to hate, were the setlist of my dreams... almost.

9. Megadeth, Stockholm, '08. Surprised me, I know they can be kinda bad live from time to time. But here Mustaine's voice was great, just as the setlist.

8. Unholy Alliance Chapter II, Stockholm, '06. Slayer, In Flames and Lamb of God. My neck was killing me for a week afterwards.

7. Kreator - Celtic Frost - Watain, Stockholm, '07. Three of my favourite bands crushed me just as many times that night. One of the heaviest shows I've ever attended and I'm so glad I got to see Celtic Frost live.

6. Deathstars, '06-'10, Göteborg/Stockholm. Seen these guys four times and they're just as great every show! One of the best live bands out there!

5. Opeth, Stockholm, '10. One of the 20th Anniversary Show, do I need to say more?

4. Dream Theater, Stockholm, '07. My favourite band ever blew my mind and completely did what I expected them to do, first time I saw them. Tears came twice.

3. Iron Maiden, Göteborg, '05. What can I say? First time I saw Maiden, 15 years old and screaming along to every single word while 30+ year old dudes beside me kept screaming after "Fear of the Dark" at an Early Days show and became all confused when songs such as "Drifter", "Another Life" and "Remember Tomorrow" were played instead.

2. Metallica, Stockholm, '07. First time I saw the band which mean the most to me. Cried during Puppetz.

1. Children of Bodom '06. The Stockholm Knockout show which blew my mind. I was only 16, hadn't attended many concerts before that and was deeply in love with CoB. They gave me a great performance and an awesome setlist!
----
19.02.2011 - 08:44
Idk about saying 10 lol
1. Exodus... album wise theyve been going down hill for awhile and there new singer is nowhere near as good as there first but live there so fucking goood, shit hits the fan and gets going, i love kreator but there frontman is so bad live it almost kills it. you couldnt pay me to not see exodus and fuck everything up with in 20ft when Deathamphetamine hits it
2. warbringer, god damn it there just so fun, last time i saw them they flung the curtains open playing "king of the hill" thrash style vocals and all
3. Gwar... do i really have to go on lol. yea no moshing and theres to much crowd surfing but everything gets fucked up. the first time i saw them they were playing the last show at the venue before it closed down so no on care what happen and i swear all the money u can imagion couldnt fix that place. there was nearly a foot of blood and bodly fluids on the floor and i still have my contacts from the night (ft worth TX right after beyond hell) and there still red and purple
----
Immortal soul, takes control! Immortal soul, Thrash till Death!
(death To "posthardcore")
01.03.2011 - 22:01
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Metal Meltdown on 19.02.2011 at 08:44

3. Gwar... do i really have to go on lol. yea no moshing and theres to much crowd surfing but everything gets fucked up. the first time i saw them they were playing the last show at the venue before it closed down so no on care what happen and i swear all the money u can imagion couldnt fix that place. there was nearly a foot of blood and bodly fluids on the floor and i still have my contacts from the night (ft worth TX right after beyond hell) and there still red and purple

haha, sounds like an awesome night! what an awesome coincidence that they played in a club that was about to close down, Gwar doing what they do best: wrecking and fucking everything and everyone up