Metal Storm logo
Detonation - Line-Up Changes

Dutch Gothenburg metal band Detonation has gone gone through some serious line-up changes recently. Guitarist Mike Ferguson (ex-Kutschurft checked in with the following message:

"We have some good and some sad news!

Sad news first... we parted ways with 3 band members recently. Danny Tunker (guitar) and Michiel van der Plicht (drums) have gone on to seek their fame and fortune with God Dethroned and Prostitute Disfigurement. Due to their busy schedules it was impossible to keep playing in Detonation. However, we parted as friends and wish them good luck and much success in these bands.

Also, after 12 years in Detonation Otto Schimmelpenninck (bass) has decided to leave the band. His busy schedule with Delain prohibited his 100% focus and attention for Detonation, and as he did not think this was fair towards us, he respectfully gave up his role as bass player for Detonation. We will miss Otto as a friend and also wish him much success with Delain!

Then the good news!

Koen Romeijn and I have no intention on quitting, quite the contrary, we are more focused and determined than before. We have been practicing with new musicians for a month or so, and it is going great.

On drums we welcome Allard van der Kuip, known from Utrecht band Grindpad. And on bass we welcome Harry van Breda. Harry is known as the vocalist in I-Chaos, and also the guy that recorded and mixed our new album Reprisal. Both new guys come from our town Utrecht, and have been friends of the band since quite a while. Together with Allard and Harry we are driven and focused to get Detonation back on track, playing gigs and kicking ass!

We are very happy with the new guys in the band, and are eager to get our killer new album Reprisal to you. Thank you all for your patience, we'll make sure it will all be worth the wait!"

A release date for Reprisal has yet to be announced. The cover artwork was done by Eliran Kantor.

Reprisal [cover art] tracklist:

01. Enslavement
02. There Is No Turning Back
03. Feeding On The Madness
04. Ruptured
05. Absentia Mentis
06. Washing Away The Blood
07. Falling Prey
08. Insults To My Heritage

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Detonation
Posted: 03.01.2011 by Abattoir