Metal Storm logo
Charred Walls Of The Damned - Working On New Material

US Power/Thrash metal supergroup Charred Walls Of The Damned (featuring vocalist Tim "The Ripper" Owens, bassist Steve DiGiorgio and guitarist Jason Suecof) are busy recording a new album. The band's founding father, drummer Richard Christy, has issued the following update:

"Last week I recorded drum tracks for 12 new songs for the second Charred Walls of the Damned album! I flew down to Miami, Florida the day after Christmas to start tracking drums at the legendary studio The Hit Factory Criteria Studios. The drum room we recorded in was insane, it was the size of a school gymnasium and my drums sounded massive in there! We got a very natural drum sound thanks to our awesome engineer Mark Lewis and the amazing drum room, everything went really smooth and we finished up in a very quick two and a half days, and I'm super excited for everyone to hear the monster drum sound we got for these awesome songs.

Seeing gold albums hanging on the walls from bands like The Eagles and Black Sabbath was so inspiring too, the historic music that's been created at that studio is just unreal and it was an honor to record the drums for the second Charred Walls of the Damned album there.

We'll be finishing up the rest of the album in January and February at Audiohammer Studios in Orlando and we're hoping to have the album out some time this summer. The songs are super heavy, brutal, and very melodic and catchy like the first album, I can't wait for people to hear our new material!

I'll have many more updates in the coming months and I also took tons of video in the studio that I'll be posting here on my site and also possibly including in a bonus DVD when our second CD comes out."

The band's self-titled debut was released early last year. Pictures from the studio are available here.

Source: richardchristy.com
Band profile: Charred Walls Of The Damned
Posted: 05.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 18 users
05.01.2011 - 19:25
Silent Jay

This is great news, certainly will be looking forward to it, but I hope the production is better than the last as I thought it was terrible.

Hits total: 3366 | This month: 2