Metal Storm logo
Unearth - Tap Killswitch Engage Drummer For New Album

Unearth has commenced recording their next album, recruiting Killswitch Engage's Justin Foley to lay down the drum tracks.

The band had the following to say: "We wanted to let everyone know that tracking for the new album has officially begun! We're currently at Zing Studios in Westfield, MA tracking drums with our sit-in drummer for the album Justin Foley of Killswitch Engage/Blood Has Been Shed. Foley was an obvious choice for this album for many reasons, but mainly because of his abilities and knowledge of heavy music as well as his long time friendship with the band. A decade plus of friendship has made this an easy transition for the band, Foley and our producer/engineer Adam D."

In other news, the band has decided to change the mixing engineer for the album to Mark Lewis (The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, DevilDriver, Trivium) from Audiohammer Studios. "Mark is another long time friend of the band and we're excited to hear what he can do with our sound on record."

Guitarist Buz McGrath added the following irrelevant comment about working with Mark: "Mark Lewis mixed me a drink once and I woke up in a swamp covered in anti-freeze."

Unearth is aiming at a mid to late June release for the album, followed by a massive world tour.

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: Unearth
Posted: 06.01.2011 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 22 users
06.01.2011 - 23:30
JÄY
Metal slave
Metalstorms one and only unearth fan, here.....excited ferra new release!
07.01.2011 - 07:40
DoomGuard

I will get alot of disapprovals for posting this comment but...I only clicked on this cause I thought "Unearth - Tap Killswitch Engage Drummer" was hilarious...hahaha
07.01.2011 - 23:13
Illuminate

At JayXsnoogans: One and Only Unearth fan??? I have all my cds autographed, a drum head from Mike Justian. Have seen them 5 times live.... I can't wait for this new album.

Hits total: 3060 | This month: 5