Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius - Jörg Back, But Paris Show Cancelled

January 11th, Stratovarius didn't perform in Paris as expected. They went on stage with promoter Oliver Garnier to announce that although this particular date was supposed to be a real party due to Jörg Michael being back in the band after his first therapy against cancer, Timo Kotipelto had been suffering from food poisoning since some time before Christmas. Although they tried everything that was possible, he was still unable to sing a single note, he said.

After the announcement, roadies cleared the stage that they had so carefully set for Stratovarius, allowing rumors that they had indeed hoped to perform until the very last minute.

Stratovarius is currently embarked in a European with German power metallers Helloween. It hasn't been stated when Stratovarius would be performing again, so it is to believe that they won't take the stage on Thursday January 12th in Lyon, France, as well.

Check the band's website for a more official statement at http://www.stratovarius.com.

Source: wrathchild, attending the concert
Band profile: Stratovarius
Posted: 12.01.2011 by wrathchild

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 177 users
12.01.2011 - 01:29
CHEF METALHEAD
KEEP IT METAL
Welcome back Jorg....
----
Chef Metal Head
12.01.2011 - 01:31
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Let's hear it for PERSERVERENCE!
12.01.2011 - 01:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
WOOHOO JORG MICHAEL IS BIGGER THAN CANCER! FUCKING WINNING.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.01.2011 - 02:02
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
HELL YEA! Jorg Roundhouse-Kicked the cancer like he was Chuck Norris
glad to see him back
12.01.2011 - 02:05
Zenzero
Zenzero
First good news since months!
12.01.2011 - 14:16
bodomdragon

Can anyone keep us up to date about the band? I'm supposed to see them live on Sunday in Barcelona and I'm concerned about whether or not they'll be able to play... thanks!
13.01.2011 - 02:52
Wyrd

Best metal news I\ve herd in a little while. So good to hear everything is at leats a bit back on track. Hope Timo is going to be fine, though
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
13.01.2011 - 21:53
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Wyrd on 13.01.2011 at 02:52

Best metal news I\ve herd in a little while. So good to hear everything is at leats a bit back on track. Hope Timo is going to be fine, though

Yep, it sucks that Timo has been laid out with food poisoning. Ive had that myself before, and it can be very nasty.

Its awesome that Jorg seems to be winning his fight against cancer, when I first heard he had it, it was like "here we go again..." luckily, this seems like its going to be one of the happy endings to having this horrible disease. xD

Oh, and Imperial Troll... Oi! NO! He roundhoused the cancer like he was Bruce Lee! lol
17.01.2011 - 05:22
Wyrd

I remeber meeting Timo in Toronto last year. I must have been the only Canadian fan that went up to him that tour. I've never met a nicer guy. I really hope this is not like a "James LaBrie 1994" deal. I respect this guy to much to see his greatness go like that. But I'm sure it's nothing. If Jorg can go Cammander Shepard on Cancer then these guys have earned their right to stay.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"

Hits total: 3400 | This month: 2