Metal Storm logo
Burzum - New Album Due In March

Fallen will be the title of the 9th studio album from Burzum, the follow-up to the 2010 release Belus - which put Burzum straight back at the at the top of the chain as of one of the most innovative and creative metal artists of our time... apparently. Fallen will be released on March 7th via Plastic Head (distributor of Byelobog Productions).

The rest of the press release reads as follows: Fallen follows Belus in sound and structure, and can also be compared to the music on the groundbreaking Det Som Engan Var. Fallen is more dynamic and hard hitting then Belus and has an even bigger sound, but still carries the same trademark melodic melody lines throughout that makes Burzum sound so iconic and unique.

Burzum mastermind Varg Vikernes (aka Count Grishnackh) says of the new album and his style of music: "Musically Fallen is like a cross between Belus and something new, inspired more by the debut album and Det Som Engan Var than by Hvis Lyset Tar Oss or Filosofem. The sound is more dynamic - we mastered the album as if it was classical music - and I was more experimental than I was on Belus in all respects. Lyric wise it is similar to the debut album, in the way that it is more personal and focuses on existential issues, but the mythological undertone known from Belus is still there. I have also included some ambient tracks - a short introduction and a longer conclusion."

Fallen [cover art] tracklist:

01. Fra Verdenstreet
02. Jeg Faller
03. Valen
04. Vanvidd
05. Enhver Til Sitt
06. Budstikken
07. Til Hel Og Tilbake Igjen

Source: plastichead.com
Band profile: Burzum
Posted: 14.01.2011 by csiga

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 191 users
14.01.2011 - 19:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Comparable to Det Som Engan Var... Oh we'll see about that Varg.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.01.2011 - 19:43
Jiri

Of course Varg is staying away from the two albums that made him great (Hvis and Filo).
14.01.2011 - 19:45
Jiri

Hahaha, when you click "cover art" a smaller version of the art that is already posted onto the article appears. Or it is the same size at least. haha
14.01.2011 - 20:14
TheBigRossowski

Too be honest, I really don't care. Strange how things change...

Burzum was good for what it was in it's time. Thanks, Varg, but ugh, now we have Deathspell Omega, lol
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
14.01.2011 - 20:52
amarchand

Lol.

Let's see if it sucks as bad as Belus. My guess is yes.
14.01.2011 - 21:42
Axe Argonian

Considering that Varg had been deprived of recording black metal music for so many years, it's not hard to imagine that out of sheer excitement Varg recorded an album over the course of one year. However, one can't help but wonder if Varg's creative juices have to be fully recharged after 2010's average Belus.

Let's see how this turns out...
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
14.01.2011 - 21:43
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
I really hope for a good album with the good ol' hypnotic riffs and majestic vocals and magical synth. Count Grishnackh grant us a surprise
14.01.2011 - 21:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 14.01.2011 at 20:57

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.01.2011 at 19:31

Comparable to Det Som Engan Var... Oh we'll see about that Varg.

Hope so...

I don't. To be honest, I really don't want to know what he thinks his previous works sound like.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.01.2011 - 23:53
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Quote:
the follow-up to the 2010 release Belus - which put Burzum straight back at the at the top of the chain as of one of the most innovative and creative metal artists of our time...

What? Since when was Belus that good? XD
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
15.01.2011 - 01:33
Yojimbo

I'm psyched. Belus was pretty good (certainly the third song, which is among his best songs ever). I don't know why people act like he's become irrelevant, his sound is still unique despite the many advances to the genre. I'm all for new Burzum albums.
15.01.2011 - 01:47
Slyfang

Written by amarchand on 14.01.2011 at 20:52

Lol.

meh? don't you people ever get tired of your idiotic tr00ness?
15.01.2011 - 02:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Slyfang on 15.01.2011 at 01:47

Written by amarchand on 14.01.2011 at 20:52

Lol.

meh? don't you people ever get tired of your idiotic tr00ness?

I'm not tr00 and I think Belus is completely generic - as I've said before, it was simply a watered down version of what Varg should be capable of given his past releases.
----
15.01.2011 - 02:56
Slyfang

Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.01.2011 at 02:14

I'm not tr00 and I think Belus is completely generic - as I've said before, it was simply a watered down version of what Varg should be capable of given his past releases.

what i had in mind was not the fact that he didn't like Belus, but the immature 'lol belus sux so hard!! next album will suck too \m/' type attitude

as to what you said, i'm not sure i see what you mean by 'should be capable of', especially after 15 years of prison. alot of musicians, which i believe includes Varg, prefer to create a consistent discography where each album complements another, rather than force out a 'stronger' album every time and create a disparity of quality. it seems to be the case, as the musical quality and production is generally unchanging with Burzum's music, and the changes are rather in the depth and maturity. as i believe this to be the case, then i would say that his 'capabilities' manifest themself through consistency and integrity, rather than technicality. you could argue this, but this is simply how i interpret it
15.01.2011 - 03:02
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Slyfang on 15.01.2011 at 02:56

what i had in mind was not the fact that he didn't like Belus, but the immature 'lol belus sux so hard!! next album will suck too \m/' type attitude

as to what you said, i'm not sure i see what you mean by 'should be capable of', especially after 15 years of prison. alot of musicians, which i believe includes Varg, prefer to create a consistent discography where each album complements another, rather than force out a 'stronger' album every time and create a disparity of quality. if this is the case, then i would say that his potential manifests itself through consistency and integrity. this is arguable of course, but this is what i see.

Understandable - and what I meant by "what he should be capable of" is that he's better than standard black metal. He's more intuitive than producing what would have been (even in the '90s) considered as average. I'm no fanboy, but Varg is a lot stronger than Belus lets on.
----
15.01.2011 - 04:03
Richard

Surprising but welcome news. Interesting that the album title is in English, for a change.
----
15.01.2011 - 12:33
ANGEL REAPER

I hope that this time he will be less "symphonic" than Belus...Belus was good but not that good,and if Varg could to chill down a little on mythology themes Fallen will be as good as Det Some Engang Var
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
15.01.2011 - 12:38
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Richard on 15.01.2011 at 04:03

Surprising but welcome news. Interesting that the album title is in English, for a change.

BTW the title is not on English ! The word Fallen(Valen) comes from Norwegian language and its just accidentally same as the word on English
Anyway here is proof :
http://www.burzum.org/eng/discography/official/2011_fallen.shtml
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
15.01.2011 - 15:03
Dark Seraphim

This is great news. Really enjoyed Belus.
15.01.2011 - 18:39
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.01.2011 at 03:02

as to what you said, i'm not sure i see what you mean by 'should be capable of', especially after 15 years of prison. alot of musicians, which i believe includes Varg, prefer to create a consistent discography where each album complements another, rather than force out a 'stronger' album every time and create a disparity of quality. if this is the case, then i would say that his potential manifests itself through consistency and integrity. this is arguable of course, but this is what i see.

Understandable - and what I meant by "what he should be capable of" is that he's better than standard black metal. He's more intuitive than producing what would have been (even in the '90s) considered as average. I'm no fanboy, but Varg is a lot stronger than Belus lets on.

Agreed. Most of Belus sounded almost like rejected Drudkh songs.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
16.01.2011 - 03:33
Symmachus

Hey, this is pretty soon after Belus. All right, that's cool.
16.01.2011 - 13:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Only think what is totaly diferent this time is album Artwork, I like each burzum artworks, but this is way to weird for Burzum
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2011 - 00:56
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Bad English on 16.01.2011 at 13:37

Only think what is totaly diferent this time is album Artwork, I like each burzum artworks, but this is way to weird for Burzum

Its to weird....
Maybe Varg is playing with us......
----
17.01.2011 - 01:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.01.2011 at 00:56

Its to weird....

20 years in slammer whit out women .... I understand him
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2011 - 01:02
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Bad English on 17.01.2011 at 01:00

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 17.01.2011 at 00:56

Its to weird....

20 years in slammer whit out women .... I understand him

WOW MAN THAT WAS A QUICK ANSWER !
Btw i will agree on this one with you
----
20.01.2011 - 03:26
amarchand

as to what you said, i'm not sure i see what you mean by 'should be capable of', especially after 15 years of prison. alot of musicians, which i believe includes Varg, prefer to create a consistent discography where each album complements another, rather than force out a 'stronger' album every time and create a disparity of quality. it seems to be the case, as the musical quality and production is generally unchanging with Burzum's music, and the changes are rather in the depth and maturity. as i believe this to be the case, then i would say that his 'capabilities' manifest themself through consistency and integrity, rather than technicality. you could argue this, but this is simply how i interpret it

Umad? Seems like you devoted an inordinate amount of effort in an attempt to prove to yourself that I am some typical "tr00" metalhead douchebag. Truth be told, I listen to and perform more genres of music than most people on this site can count on their fingers.. I'll leave it at that.
20.01.2011 - 15:02
Slyfang

Written by amarchand on 20.01.2011 at 03:26

Umad? Seems like you devoted an inordinate amount of effort in an attempt to prove to yourself that I am some typical "tr00" metalhead douchebag. Truth be told, I listen to and perform more genres of music than most people on this site can count on their fingers.. I'll leave it at that.

umadding? how original incredibly original and effective. i hereby surrender to your supreme skill in debate.

but anyway, i didn't devote any more effort than you did. all that disrespectful "old albums rulz, new suxxx" kind of attitude said enough about you. i'm not saying you have to like Belus, but the kind of idiotic comment you gave is no different from typical tr00 meatheads.

and btw: your music taste isn't really all that eclectic. i wouldn't brag about it
21.01.2011 - 04:25
amarchand

Written by Slyfang on 20.01.2011 at 15:02

Written by amarchand on 20.01.2011 at 03:26

umadding? how original incredibly original and effective. i hereby surrender to your supreme skill in debate.

but anyway, i didn't devote any more effort than you did. all that disrespectful "old albums rulz, new suxxx" kind of attitude said enough about you. i'm not saying you have to like Belus, but the kind of idiotic comment you gave is no different from typical tr00 meatheads.

and btw: your music taste isn't really all that eclectic. i wouldn't brag about it

Umad. Haha I go to the most diverse music school on the planet, of course my taste is eclectic. I'm proud of it. Belus just lacked appeal overall, the production was abysmal, songs were a mindless drone, and Varg's voice sounded sub-par. I'm not allowed to have that opinion? It makes me a tr00 kvlty? Lol.
21.01.2011 - 16:03
Slyfang

Written by amarchand on 21.01.2011 at 04:25

Umad. Haha I go to the most diverse music school on the planet, of course my taste is eclectic. I'm proud of it. Belus just lacked appeal overall, the production was abysmal, songs were a mindless drone, and Varg's voice sounded sub-par. I'm not allowed to have that opinion? It makes me a tr00 kvlty? Lol.

still umadding? why? it's not going to work. copying the methods of typical sleazy internet trolls just makes you look more vulnerable.

your taste is slightly eclectic, but really nothing special. you still have a long way to go. as for 'most diverse music school on the planet', which i somehow doubt it is, you don't seem like the type to make them proud.

you are allowed to have your opinion of course, but that doesn't mean it's worth anything. judging something subjectively, basing everything solely on your own standards (screw everything else) is something only a music ignoramus would do. hearing music is something you either can or cannot do. music schools can only teach you the mechanics of it.

but i told you before, it's not your opinion that makes you look like a bigoted tr00 dumbass, it's your contemptible attitude. if you don't like something, leave it alone. if you despise something, and you really want to bash it, at least do it constructively. simple, no?
22.01.2011 - 01:09
amarchand

Written by Slyfang on 21.01.2011 at 16:03

Written by amarchand on 21.01.2011 at 04:25

still umadding? why? it's not going to work. copying the methods of typical sleazy internet trolls just makes you look more vulnerable.

your taste is slightly eclectic, but really nothing special. you still have a long way to go. as for 'most diverse music school on the planet', which i somehow doubt it is, you don't seem like the type to make them proud.

you are allowed to have your opinion of course, but that doesn't mean it's worth anything. judging something subjectively, basing everything solely on your own standards (screw everything else) is something only a music ignoramus would do. hearing music is something you either can or cannot do. music schools can only teach you the mechanics of it.

but i told you before, it's not your opinion that makes you look like a bigoted tr00 dumbass, it's your contemptible attitude. if you don't like something, leave it alone. if you despise something, and you really want to bash it, at least do it constructively. simple, no?

Man you must be really butthurt that I didn't like Belus.. All I was saying was that when one album is a disappointment, it is a valid assumption to make that the next one may very well be as well. Basing everything on your own standards is bad? So I should take the word of somebody like you and decide to love Belus rather than decide for myself using my own ears whether I like it or not? Metalstorm is a place for metal, so nobody on here would have a very diverse taste if you solely judged it based on their favourite bands list. Pardon my lack of internet etiquette.. As you said, if you don't like something, leave it alone.
22.01.2011 - 02:34
Slyfang

Written by amarchand on 22.01.2011 at 01:09

Man you must be really butthurt that I didn't like Belus.. All I was saying was that when one album is a disappointment, it is a valid assumption to make that the next one may very well be as well. Basing everything on your own standards is bad? So I should take the word of somebody like you and decide to love Belus rather than decide for myself using my own ears whether I like it or not? Metalstorm is a place for metal, so nobody on here would have a very diverse taste if you solely judged it based on their favourite bands list. Pardon my lack of internet etiquette.. As you said, if you don't like something, leave it alone.

i'll let the matter drop, though i never get tired of arguing.

but before i go i just want to make myself clear again. i hate it when people are disrespectful of music simply because they don't like it. and i didn't attack you because i happen to like Belus, but because i'm highly critical of behaviour..

by 'basing everything on your own judgement' i mean things like "i don't like this kind of singing, therefore it sucks". and how the fuck did you manage to think that i was suggesting that you should listen to me and not think for yourself? you can read, can't you? or do you just force yourself to misunderstand things?

a little decency is all i ask. don't go around insulting musicians.. don't be another decadent brat like 90% of the world's teenagers

Hits total: 5001 | This month: 10