Metal Storm logo
70000 Tons Of Metal - Line-Up Completed

Circle II Circle, Arsis and The Absence are the latest confirmed acts for 70000 Tons Of Metal, the world's biggest floating heavy metal festival.

70000 Tons Of Metal will sail Monday, January 24th aboard the Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas luxury cruise ship from Miami, FL to Cozumel, Mexico and will return four days later on Friday, January 28th.

The complete festival billing looks as follows:

Agent Steel, Amon Amarth, Arsis, Blackguard, Blind Guardian, Circle II Circle, Cripper, Dark Tranquillity, Death Angel, Destruction, DuskMachine, Ensiferum, Epica, Exodus, Fear Factory, Finntroll, Forbidden, Gamma Ray, Iced Earth, Korpiklaani, Malevolent Creation, Marduk, Moonspell, Nevermore, Obituary, Rage, Raven, Sabaton, Sanctuary, Saxon, Sodom, Sonata Arctica, Swashbuckle, Testament, The Absence, Trouble, Twilight Of The Gods (performing Bathory masterpieces), Týr, Uli Jon Roth, Unleashed, Voivod and Witchburner

Saxon will play two unique shows. One night they will perform the Wheels Of Steel LP in its entirety and on a different night, for the second show, they will play Strong Arm Of The Law from start to finish. Also Testament will play two very unique shows on board. At the first show they will prove their titan trash status by playing The Legacy album in its entirety; at the second show they will play The New Order album in full.

Ticket prices start at US$ 666 plus US$ 249 taxes and fees per person and include all on-board entertainment, all meals and non-alcoholic and non-carbonated drinks at the on-board restaurants and 24-hour room service.

Source: 70000tons.com
Event: 70000 Tons Of Metal 2011
Posted: 15.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 32   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 421 users
15.01.2011 - 14:53
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Damn it why aren't I rich?
15.01.2011 - 15:23
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Funny idea. Maybe in a few years if they continue this.
----
15.01.2011 - 15:26
Elodie Artour
Slania
The idea is indeed quite funny. Hope they succeed, though.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
15.01.2011 - 15:38
*!*

Hope the ship doesnt sink...lots of my favorite bands are in there
15.01.2011 - 15:40
Ag Fox
Angel No More
I'm imagining the combination of alcohol and motion sickness
----
loves 小巫
15.01.2011 - 16:10
silenius

Thats one fucked up awesome line-up! wanna be there:(
15.01.2011 - 17:19
Sasha Batrakov
Account deleted
Sounds fake, maybe im just retarted and it actually is fake
15.01.2011 - 17:29
necrovamp

Im so jelous of anyone who goes on this. im gonna have to save up for a few years before i can go!
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
15.01.2011 - 17:57
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Saving up for 3 months just 4 four days worth of thrills... don't think I'd go to it yet. Maybe when I get a proper job
----
loves 小巫
15.01.2011 - 18:42
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
Considering the horrible year and a half we've had, I'd say the chances of a shipwreck of Titanic porportions are 50/1.
15.01.2011 - 18:51
ForeverDarkWoods

I like the fact that everyone seems to think this is something completely new and innovative. In Sweden we have had metal cruises every year. This year's Sweden Rock cruise has got Doro, for example.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
15.01.2011 - 19:10
Dominus
The Shooter
I wanna be there
15.01.2011 - 20:41
MetalSpider

Wow! A lot of great bands on this cruise! The ship better be sturdy and the weather great!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
15.01.2011 - 21:43
Fat & Sassy!

Talk about friggin' crrrrruuuuiiissssiiiinnnn'. XD Holy shit. And Uli Jon Roth is gonna bet there too?! Wish I could go. D:
15.01.2011 - 21:55
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Maybe in a few years...
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
15.01.2011 - 22:56
Brodd

Only one week left! I can't wait. Its going to be awsome!
15.01.2011 - 23:25
cjs675

I used to work for Royal Caribbean ('01 - '03) and I know Cozumel quite well. For anyone lucky enough to be a part of this - a tip:

When you disembark at the Cozumel port, hire a jeep (remember to take your driver's license with) and take a trip to the other side of the island.

Here you'll find the true spirit of the island, awesome Mexican cuisine, proper tequila and friendly locals.

Or alternatively stay and enjoy overpriced shooters at soulless commercial franchises like Carlos & Charlie's or Fat Tuesday with all the overweight good-old-boys.

Hey, but whatever you decide to do, enjoy you lucky bastards.

PS. tell Ensiferum our ears are still ringing down here in South Africa .
----
Ever seen a motorcycle parked outside a shrinks office????
15.01.2011 - 23:27
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by Brodd on 15.01.2011 at 22:56

Only one week left! I can't wait. Its going to be awsome!

Thanks for making us jealous. Please take loads of pics and score some chicks (and take pics of said chicks) and post 'em here, will ya?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
16.01.2011 - 00:49
Axe Argonian

Ew...Twilight of the Gods doing Bathory masterpieces? That's as bad as hearing Dragonforce perform Slayer masterpieces.

Regardless of that small quibble, this event will be awesome. It's a shame that I lack the funds to go on this cruise, but maybe I'll be able to participate when another event like this is hosted in the near future. I just pray that this cruise doesn't sink, for too many awesome bands will be on it.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
16.01.2011 - 00:53
Hugoj33

Not many metalheads can pay $666
16.01.2011 - 00:55
sbgmetal

Dayum the whole concept sounds sooooooo fuking cool wish i could have gone
16.01.2011 - 02:43
INÆRIS

Just like MelloBoat, except without my favorite bands.
----
Still Life, Still Death
16.01.2011 - 04:17
Don_Doom

Why there isn´t a Metal Spring Break?
16.01.2011 - 05:45
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Didn't we invent planes so we wouldn't have to travel via boat anymore? Cruises are like floating prisons with sorta better food and just as much involuntary anal. Except this one is gonna have a shit load of metal bands playing.

Oh yeah, and have fun ending up in Mexico! And being kidnapped by the Sinaloa cartel, tortured, killed, having your entrails removed and replaced with bricks of dope and shipped across the border. All cruises should end that way!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.01.2011 - 06:38
..ExoTeaR..

This cruise would be a blast I might do it one year. I love the ocean.
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
16.01.2011 - 07:18
Illuminate

Peace everyone. I'm on my way there! cant fuckin' wait.
16.01.2011 - 10:12
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Now the seas will tremble...
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
16.01.2011 - 16:51
Trerot

Written by Guest on 15.01.2011 at 17:19

Sounds fake, maybe im just retarted and it actually is fake

dont think its fake as its posted on some of the bands websites.. either way, its in the wrong continent!
16.01.2011 - 18:11
>Odysseus

Imagine this ship will sink !!!!!!! (knocking on wood)
metal will not be the same as we know if it happened
16.01.2011 - 20:19
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Saxon and Testament 2 show HOLY SH!T!
----

Hits total: 7041 | This month: 2