Metal Storm logo
Game you are most looking forward to

Original post

Posted by whatsacow, 21.01.2011 - 20:26
With a lot of brilliant upcoming releases this year and next, I thought I'd see what everyone's holding out for.
For me personally it's:
Elders Scrolls: Skyrim
Gears of War 3
Dead Space 2
Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect 3
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Bioshock: Infinite
06.08.2011 - 13:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 06.08.2011 at 03:19

Right on man. Possible.

Also, I picked up Red Dead Redemption for like 20 bucks or something today. Lesson for people: unless you really, really need the game when it comes out, wait and you can buy 3 good games for the price of 1. Got Oblivion cheap a few weeks ago too and that's an awesome game.

I just buy games I want when they first come out, complete them then sell on ebay for practically the same price. By the time I want to play them again it's usually mega cheap to buy them second hand off amazon or whatnot.
06.08.2011 - 18:41
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 06.08.2011 at 13:30

Written by Mattybu on 06.08.2011 at 03:19

Right on man. Possible.

Also, I picked up Red Dead Redemption for like 20 bucks or something today. Lesson for people: unless you really, really need the game when it comes out, wait and you can buy 3 good games for the price of 1. Got Oblivion cheap a few weeks ago too and that's an awesome game.

I just buy games I want when they first come out, complete them then sell on ebay for practically the same price. By the time I want to play them again it's usually mega cheap to buy them second hand off amazon or whatnot.

I never sell my games, or trade them in at the store or anything. I like keeping them, because 1. If I ever decide I want to play them again, or get the platinum trophy or whatever, they're there, and that does happen sort of often. 2. It looks nice on a shelf with a collection, and I like having all my games to look back at my personal history of gaming. And for like 20 bucks new, I've gotten tons of good games (Red Dead, Oblivion, Dead Space, Army of Two, Battleield: Bad Company, Mercenaries 2). It's good buying games cheap. Although, some game prices never go down; I'm pretty sure the last time I saw The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess in a store it was the same price as it's release... In 2006.
06.08.2011 - 21:09
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Assassin's Creed: Revelations
I'm really anticipated, especially that the game is set in Constantinpole.
07.08.2011 - 09:22
DragonSavior X10

Right now I'm waiting for StarFox64 3D. Maybe with the added depth, I won't crash into things as much.
07.08.2011 - 12:09
Behdaad
DEAD
The very most game I'm waiting for is Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (MW3).
I love CoD series and played each of 'em.
Badly looking towards this one!
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
07.08.2011 - 16:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Irritable Ted on 07.08.2011 at 14:27

Saints Row The Third, Battlefield 3 and MW3. Bit of a threequel pattern developing.

No idea what they are. But the game I am looking forward the most is the next Ashes.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.08.2011 - 19:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.08.2011 at 16:01

No idea what they are. But the game I am looking forward the most is the next Ashes.

Rather see Alcest live. Actually I'd rather see Kanye West live whilst being crushed under Jupiter's gravity than sit through a moment of that ;]
08.08.2011 - 04:52
Mattybu

Written by Irritable Ted on 07.08.2011 at 14:27

Saints Row The Third, Battlefield 3 and MW3. Bit of a threequel pattern developing.

Why Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3? One is clearly going to be superior Plus, if you have one call of duty game, you have them all, so you might as well just buy an old cheaper one right? Man those games annoy the crap out of me.

And with the threequel pattern, that's true man, we also have Gears 3, Resistance 3, and Uncharted 3 coming in the not-so-distant future.
08.08.2011 - 15:58
whatsacow

Just heard news about borderlands 2. Really excited now!
Also battlefield 3. Forget modern warfare, I've always been a battlefield man.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
08.08.2011 - 18:29
Zuzuz0r

I'm also waiting for The Last Guardian:

----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
09.08.2011 - 04:23
Mattybu

Written by whatsacow on 08.08.2011 at 15:58

The original Borderlands was really good. But man, MOST DISAPPOINTING ENDING. But it was pretty good.
09.08.2011 - 08:40
whatsacow

Written by Mattybu on 09.08.2011 at 04:23

The original Borderlands was really good. But man, MOST DISAPPOINTING ENDING. But it was pretty good.

I haven't gotten that far. Too busy grinding.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.08.2011 - 13:24
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Mass Effect 3 and forza 4 but the most exiting game for me is halo combat evolved anniversary and halo 4 cat wait a winter of pure video gaming
09.08.2011 - 19:11
Mattybu

Written by whatsacow on 09.08.2011 at 08:40

Written by Mattybu on 09.08.2011 at 04:23

I haven't gotten that far. Too busy grinding.

Well, I will tell you the game long journey is brought to an end (that's too vague to spoil anything) and what should be the best point in the game is very disappointing. But it's an awesome game either way.
19.08.2011 - 18:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Have to say for its setting and concept Dishonored is looking extremely interesting to me right now.
19.08.2011 - 21:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Damn, Xenoblade is getting great scores across the board. I knew it'd be the best thing to happen to JRPGs since... well I can't remember actually.
20.08.2011 - 08:41
whatsacow

Really looking forward to Silent Hill Downpour, and the Remastered Silent Hill collection that is actually coming to xbox! Fuck yes!

Also looking forward to dragon dogma, a fantasy action game. Capcom is going to great depths to avoid calling it an rpg lol but it still looks like fun.

Saints Row the third. They literally added an awesome button.

The Witcher 2 Dark mode. Look at what they did when they released content for the witcher one, so I'm excited for this one.
----
23.09.2011 - 11:39
whatsacow

Looking forward to a game called Dishonored. It's aparently got a similar combat system to Bioshock (Magic/combat), it has RPG elements, a variety of methods in taking down missions (sneak, magic, or extreme violence), and the world and setting look great. Its created by the same person who designed the world and story of Half Life. And the visual style looks incredible.
----
23.09.2011 - 14:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 23.09.2011 at 11:39

Looking forward to a game called Dishonored. It's aparently got a similar combat system to Bioshock (Magic/combat), it has RPG elements, a variety of methods in taking down missions (sneak, magic, or extreme violence), and the world and setting look great. Its created by the same person who designed the world and story of Half Life. And the visual style looks incredible.

I mentioned that too a while back actually, totally my kind of game from what I've read.
23.09.2011 - 14:47
Slayer666

And I'm officially turned on. The release date seems far enough as it is, I just hope there won't be any delay.
23.09.2011 - 16:01
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Assassin's Creed: Revelations. This game'll kick my ass so hard. And good.
23.09.2011 - 18:34
whatsacow

Written by Slayer666 on 23.09.2011 at 14:47

And I'm officially turned on. The release date seems far enough as it is, I just hope there won't be any delay.

As much as I want it ASAP, this is the kind of game that needs a lot of time and effort put into it. So if there are any delays, I'm sure they'll be worth it. I was really into it just for the setting and visual style when I first saw screenshots, but from the sounds of it, the gameplay has a lot of promise.
----
23.09.2011 - 20:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
So what's the general consensus on Deus Ex?

I'm looking forward to Rage, and that Battlefield 3 trailer convinced me to buy it when it comes out.
23.09.2011 - 21:25
SaleFlamand

I'm looking forward to Skyrim. About 1,5 month to wait. Release date is getting closer.
----
I'm a Jupiler man, drink it as much as I can.
25.09.2011 - 12:44
whatsacow

Written by Dangerboner on 23.09.2011 at 20:11

So what's the general consensus on Deus Ex?

I'm looking forward to Rage, and that Battlefield 3 trailer convinced me to buy it when it comes out.

I'd say it's a very solid game. Not revolutionary, not over the top amazing, but enjoyable. The setting is intelligent, and the plot is decent. Although the game sort of pushes you towards stealth. And the fact that you HAVE to kill bosses is a bit irritating. But they are minor gripes in an otherwise decent game.
----
25.09.2011 - 18:43
Slayer666

Star Wars: The Old Republic looks mighty fine. It could be the first ever MMO which I won't consider utter shite. Too bad it'll have a monthly subscription.
26.09.2011 - 03:30
Sophist

October the 13th
I'm randomly punching my brother yelling "OCTOBER THE 13TH ARE YOU READY!?"