Metal Storm logo
Westboro Baptist Church - To Picket Ozzy Osbourne Concert

So, according to the website of the Westboro Baptist Church - cleverly titled godhatesfags.com - the nutjobs kind people of the WBC are planning on picketing Ozzy Osbourne concert tonight at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri. With this "peaceful sidewalk demonstrations" the WBC wants to inform everyone that "God hates Ozzy Osbourne". Aha.

The Westboro Baptist Church - a Kansas-based congregation made up mostly of reverend Fred Phelps and his inbred huge family - claims that, "Ozzy promotes all the filth and rebellion he can and has the gall to call the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ "evil" for warning this doomed world?"

Last October the Westboro Baptist Church used lyrics from one of Ozzy's songs at events surrounding the October 6, 2010 Snyder v. Phelps Supreme Court hearing. An attorney - a daughter of the church's founder, along with her sister - paraphrased lyrics from Osbourne's "Crazy Train" at a post-Supreme Court hearing press conference in Washington, DC. "I am sickened and disgusted by the use of "Crazy Train" to promote messages of hate and evil by a "church"," Ozzy responded.

WBC gals live in action at this year's Golden Globe Awards

The nutjobs kind people of the WBC also protested at Ronnie James Dio's funeral back in May. Ozzy also slammed them for that on the radio show Rockline: "I thought it was in such bad taste that those people had those banners about Ronnie James Dio. That's disgusting. They say that we're the anti-christ. Well, what makes them any better?"

Source: godhatesfags.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne
Event: Ozzy Osbourne + Slash
Posted: 22.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 85   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 372 users
23.01.2011 - 09:19
Symmachus

The Westboro Baptist Chruch is a congregation of idiots. These people prove time and again that they suck at life and do not know how to negotiate with people outside of their cult circle. They rarely have any facts straight and are blatant hypocrites. They are a poor representation of Christianity and I, being raised in and being adherent to Christianity, find their activities and twisting of words repugnant and vile. I will rejoice the day that this group of idiots become banned and cannout flourish anymore; they have existed for way too long and deserve such a fate. Heck, just look at the way they picket funerals and whom they picket. Those people are such imbeciles.

EDIT: Ozzy is cool. By the way, as pointed out previously, why don't they target more underground bands? Because they're non-metalhead posers who cling on to the most popular aspects of such culture.
23.01.2011 - 09:27
Symmachus

Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 22.01.2011 at 20:39

Quoting Deicide, KILL THE CHRISTIAN

Weren't you reading the dialogue beforehand concerning this group and the reputation of America? As DaneTrain states, this is not representative of all Christianity; it is only prepresentative of the ignorance of this 70-something group of idiots, about 71.428571% or so of which are a part of the Phelps family. Do you mean "the Christian" as in these Christians, or as in all Christians?
23.01.2011 - 14:52
cancel

I just have to say...believe in whatever you want, but please - Do not bother us with it and do not disturb us. Thanks a lot
23.01.2011 - 18:49
ZoNietDanToch

Makes me sick to read how people can bash at a person...
I myself am a follower of Jesus and I'm just saying to this church:

You are doing it wrong...
23.01.2011 - 22:10
nilzardo
Account deleted
Hooray for counter protests!
24.01.2011 - 01:20
SlaytanicGonzo

Written by Symmachus on 23.01.2011 at 09:27

Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 22.01.2011 at 20:39

Quoting Deicide, KILL THE CHRISTIAN

Weren't you reading the dialogue beforehand concerning this group and the reputation of America? As DaneTrain states, this is not representative of all Christianity; it is only prepresentative of the ignorance of this 70-something group of idiots, about 71.428571% or so of which are a part of the Phelps family. Do you mean "the Christian" as in these Christians, or as in all Christians?

Yeah, I did read it. I meant it as in "the Deicide song" . I know not all christians are like that. But there's nothing good about christianity in general. Of course killing christian people is wrong, but KILL CHRISTIANITY. That would be good.
24.01.2011 - 02:20
dragonfire1603

I knew before that these guys are crazy and plain stupid, but I couldn't believe that they would try to picket on this little girls funeral and why they would do that. Not that I expected some kind of reason behind their 'organization', but I looked it up out of curiosity and guess why they did it:
Because she was born on 9/11 and therefore she has to be evil... How insane do you have to be, to research the birthday of an innocent girl, who was killed under terrible circumstances and decide to harass her family and friends at her funeral based on this?

I can't express how disgusted I am by these people and their actions, especially regarding their pickets on funerals. I hope and expect that the day Phelps is being buried (Dear God, let it be soon...) a lot of people will attend his funeral... with 'God hates WBC'-signs... and with the 'evil' music of Ronnie James...
24.01.2011 - 09:35
gid

You know, these guys thrive on all the negative publicity they get. If you ignore them, they'll go away. Shouting back at them only encourages them.
24.01.2011 - 18:14
Holy Man
STEEL DEFENDER
I don't see how the would picket an Ozzy concert... he's not anymore Satanic than Stryper... and he's less metal than they are too... so that's not an excuse... these fuckin idiots...
----
LIGHT THE FUSE ON THAT VAGINAMITE!!!
24.01.2011 - 19:11
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 24.01.2011 at 01:20

Yeah, I did read it. I meant it as in "the Deicide song" . I know not all christians are like that. But there's nothing good about christianity in general. Of course killing christian people is wrong, but KILL CHRISTIANITY. That would be good.

Christianity is not the problem, its just a very convenient scapegoat. We are the "problem," with or without religion we will do shitty things, thats just how we are.

There are good things that come from Christianity (not only Christianity but most religions) it teaches some pretty good values and just about every human being should have. But then you get some shit heads that distort everything and commit injustices. But again, this happens with a lot of other things, not just religion.
----
24.01.2011 - 19:14
visiblenoise

Written by gid on 24.01.2011 at 09:35

You know, these guys thrive on all the negative publicity they get. If you ignore them, they'll go away. Shouting back at them only encourages them.

Yes! If they've survived so much hate from the whole of America for this long...
24.01.2011 - 19:21
SlaytanicGonzo

Written by 4look4rd on 24.01.2011 at 19:11

Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 24.01.2011 at 01:20

Christianity is not the problem, its just a very convenient scapegoat. We are the "problem," with or without religion we will do shitty things, thats just how we are.

There are good things that come from Christianity (not only Christianity but most religions) it teaches some pretty good values and just about every human being should have. But then you get some shit heads that distort everything and commit injustices. But again, this happens with a lot of other things, not just religion.

Yeah, but I prefer a good person who does good because it is the right thing than a person who does good before he fears to go into eternal suffering.
24.01.2011 - 20:33
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by visiblenoise on 24.01.2011 at 19:14

Written by gid on 24.01.2011 at 09:35

Yes! If they've survived so much hate from the whole of America for this long...

they actually exist because of it. when someone get's pissed off at their stupidity and pushes/slugs one of them, they call in the lawyers and sue the fuck out of the person who assaulted them. i imagine a metal show is a good place to protest if you are hoping to have some drunken lunkhead shove one of your members to finance the next couple idiotic protests.

at the Tucson counter-protest (never happened, a radio station in Phoenix offered them 30 minutes of free air-time in exchange for not protesting the funeral. they took the station up on the offer) planning, those running it made a point of warning anyone who might attend about this. stressing, "if you think your emotions might get the better of you, please do not attend."
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
24.01.2011 - 21:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 24.01.2011 at 19:21
Yeah, but I prefer a good person who does good because it is the right thing than a person who does good before he fears to go into eternal suffering.

Yep. I hate this idea from many religious people that somehow you need religion to have morals, and to be a good person. That they are somehow the guardians of all that is right and good. Plenty of non-religious people are good, kind people. Just as plenty of religious people are the complete opposite. I do good and am caring because I want to be, and its in my nature. Not because Im afraid of the consequences when I die if I do bad things. Of course religious people can be good people as well, but they certainly dont have a monopoly on morals and goodness.
24.01.2011 - 21:58
tyluvsdeb

Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 24.01.2011 at 19:21

Jesus agrees.
26.01.2011 - 22:22
iaberis
Advice Troll
These kind of people give bad name to religions...
----
Bitch! Please
31.01.2011 - 07:02
₣rost Giant

Written by .Nemesis. on 22.01.2011 at 23:13

Oh my Hades. If I ever saw their church, I would go inside and turn all their crosses upside down.

Damn... that's pretty bad ass
06.02.2011 - 21:19
.Nemesis.

Written by ₣rost Giant on 31.01.2011 at 07:02

Oh my Hades. If I ever saw their church, I would go inside and turn all their crosses upside down.

Yeah. I'm into the whole upside down crosses thing. I like Black Metal like Dimmu Borgir and Mayhem.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
08.02.2011 - 03:18
Bond Of Blood
Account deleted
Written by .Nemesis. on 06.02.2011 at 21:19

Yeah. I'm into the whole upside down crosses thing. I like Black Metal like Dimmu Borgir and Mayhem.

I Don't think you understand sarcasm
08.02.2011 - 05:31
JCJen7

Written by Guest on 08.02.2011 at 03:18

No no no, you just don't understand. He is into Black Metal (like Mayhem), and is in to upside down crosses.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
08.02.2011 - 06:06
Bond Of Blood
Account deleted
Written by JCJen7 on 08.02.2011 at 05:31

Written by Guest on 08.02.2011 at 03:18

No no no, you just don't understand. He is into Black Metal (like Mayhem), and is in to upside down crosses.

Yes yes yes i do understand, you on the other hand don't
08.02.2011 - 06:26
JCJen7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Demigod is the only one who truly understands that he is into Black Metal (like Mayhem) and is in to upside down crosses.
----

CHECK THESE OUT
09.02.2011 - 00:03
.Nemesis.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Written by JCJen7 on 08.02.2011 at 06:26

Demigod is the only one who truly understands that he is into Black Metal (like Mayhem) and is in to upside down crosses.

I'm a she
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
09.02.2011 - 00:39
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Fish in a barrel.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.02.2011 - 09:11
JCJen7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Written by .Nemesis. on 09.02.2011 at 00:03

Written by JCJen7 on 08.02.2011 at 06:26

I'm a she

My apologies. How rash of me to assume otherwise..
----

CHECK THESE OUT

Hits total: 8714 | This month: 15