Metal Storm logo
How long are you listening to metal?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 22.01.2011 - 17:58
I have listening to metal for about three years now.From knowing about five to six bands then , now i listen to over 200!!!!!!!!!!

SO HAVE LONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO METAL? Months? Years? Decades? Centuries? Millenia?
10.09.2012 - 23:55
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.09.2012 at 23:51

Written by Guest on 10.09.2012 at 23:47

wow you remember an exact date for starting listening to metal?

yeah due to all sort of other circumstances. We had just started the last year of primary school (the Monday prior) and that Saturday a couple of us went over to a new kid who had arived in class on the Friday and told us he had loads of cool music. And he played us Kiss - I Was Made For Loving You on cassette as first song while we were in the swimming pool at his house (btw this is all in Singapore and not The Netherlands hahahaha)

oh this is so interesting especially when it happened in Singapore and BTW that's a lifetime youre really a boss metalhead
11.09.2012 - 02:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 24.08.2012 at 10:27

Since 1984 when I heard Metallica's Creeping Death on the radio. 28 years!

Thay played such music in Polish radio beck in 80's
Or it was some kind ''free euyrope'' or orther western radio what soviets tryd block whit special transmitters
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.09.2012 - 10:28
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.09.2012 at 02:43

Or it was some kind ''free euyrope'' or orther western radio what soviets tryd block whit special transmitters

You weren't even born then, right?
As for your distorted view - it wasn't that bad. But that'd require a lot of explaining which I won't do
11.09.2012 - 12:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 11.09.2012 at 10:28

Written by Bad English on 11.09.2012 at 02:43

You weren't even born then, right?
As for your distorted view - it wasn't that bad. But that'd require a lot of explaining which I won't do

85 and my father was , so no metal on radio, western music was blocked there was goo bands like Abba, BeeGies, utt what was wellcome but not much , till 86 something .... so clowe to watterline societ shit who blocked western radio didnt work , my father and mates went there at summer time and listened, same was whit vinkys ... buy in harbor doble price from seamens
Or those who had friends in Tallinn went there by plain and watch Finish TV muiisc programs whit heavyer muisc like latvian rock n roll singer Pit Anderson.. se ussr was shit
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2012 - 12:55
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
I on the other hand listened to Metalica, Iron Maiden, Saxon and Kiss. I also saw Terminator in the cinema and bought Piece of Mind on vinyl.

I lived there, I still do, I really remember
11.09.2012 - 13:17
Fritillaria
Account deleted
From about the time I was a high school girl, now It's about 10 years
11.09.2012 - 13:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 11.09.2012 at 12:55

I on the other hand listened to Metalica, Iron Maiden, Saxon and Kiss. I also saw Terminator in the cinema and bought Piece of Mind on vinyl.

I lived there, I still do, I really remember

Those films was possiblke only see in secret apparments in secret places at VHS ... KGB did cut power suply and you cant eject VHS ....
same whit Rambo
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2012 - 13:45
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Bad English on 11.09.2012 at 13:37

Those films was possiblke only see in secret apparments in secret places at VHS ... KGB did cut power suply and you cant eject VHS ....
same whit Rambo

I'll be honest with you. This is not the first time when you make me wonder about your sanity...

I'll try again, for the last time responding to your weird words:

Poland was a normal country back in the 80's. All the difference in terms of access to western movies, music and such was that it came a bit later and there was less of it. Other than that, it was all the same. I hope you can finally get ti through your head. All that KGB cutting power supply bullshit is exactly what it is, bullshit.
11.09.2012 - 13:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Daniell on 11.09.2012 at 13:45

Written by Bad English on 11.09.2012 at 13:37

same whit Rambo

I'll be honest with you. This is not the first time when you make me wonder about your sanity...

I'll try again, for the last time responding to your weird words:

Poland was a normal country back in the 80's. All the difference in terms of access to western movies, music and such was that it came a bit later and there was less of it. Other than that, it was all the same. I hope you can finally get ti through your head. All that KGB cutting power supply bullshit is exactly what it is, bullshit.

hahahah Marcel will agree whit you and well and no it was not bullshit I know presonaly ppl from my town who get caought like this watching Rambo,
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2012 - 14:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Daniell on 11.09.2012 at 13:45

Shit, it wouldn't surprise me if Poland was "more normal" than Chile back in the 80s... and Chile still got stuff like any other country, it just took ages to arrive but not due to political bullshit, just because we sucked at getting shit sooner.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.09.2012 - 14:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
And Poland was not USSR , it was more free more into west and more freedom was there, easyer to trevel to other east block country even to west.
Doesnt mean metale xist but it was deep deep underground, not on radio, TV audo records was hard to get till 85-90 when it start to colapse Ozzy, Skid Row, and other bands went to Moscow and played but still ...... anyway what has been changed , no metal on TV, radio and music TV nowdays anyway
----

apos;'
[image]
11.09.2012 - 15:36
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.09.2012 at 14:10

Shit, it wouldn't surprise me if Poland was "more normal" than Chile back in the 80s... and Chile still got stuff like any other country, it just took ages to arrive but not due to political bullshit, just because we sucked at getting shit sooner.

Yes. Judging from what I've learned about Pinochet's dictatorship in Chile, I'd say Poland was much "more normal" in the 80's. Admittedly, we did have martial law (with curfew and such) from December 1981 through March 1983, but apart from that it wasn't so terrible. And definitely the machine of oppresion didn't kill as many people as Pinochet's did. My childhood was a happy one for sure, even though I probably didn't have access to as much cool stuff as my contemporaries in the western countries. There was probably a lot of things I wasn't aware of or didn't realise on account of my young age - and maybe it's a good thing, because I was a happy kid
11.09.2012 - 15:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Daniell on 11.09.2012 at 15:36

Yes. Judging from what I've learned about Pinochet's dictatorship in Chile, I'd say Poland was much "more normal" in the 80's. Admittedly, we did have martial law (with curfew and such) from December 1981 through March 1983, but apart from that it wasn't so terrible. And definitely the machine of oppresion didn't kill as many people as Pinochet's did. My childhood was a happy one for sure, even though I probably didn't have access to as much cool stuff as my contemporaries in the western countries. There was probably a lot of things I wasn't aware of or didn't realise on account of my young age - and maybe it's a good thing, because I was a happy kid

Yeah I mean... hiding in your garage watching Rambo? Fucking lulz. My father saw Clockwork Orange (which I believe is far more controversial than friggin Rambo) in a public cinema (that was outdoors if his memory serves right) when the dictatorship was already an official thing.
The movie is from the '71 and the dictatorship started on '73 but like I said... We really sucked at getting shit sooner back in those days. 2001 also came around in the 70's in Chile.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.09.2012 - 16:12
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Daniell on 11.09.2012 at 15:36

Written by X-Ray Rod on 11.09.2012 at 14:10

Yes. Judging from what I've learned about Pinochet's dictatorship in Chile, I'd say Poland was much "more normal" in the 80's. even though I probably didn't have access to as much cool stuff as my contemporaries in the western countries. There was probably a lot of things I wasn't aware of or didn't realise on account of my young age
Imagine that the situation was far worse in Iran than any other places in the world cause there was a war those days
13.09.2012 - 20:22
Porlaneff
Probably since age 9...
----
Metal is the law
The law is the metal
Metal the law is
Metal
(Metal is the Law - Massacration)
16.09.2012 - 05:29
Conemetal
I'm listening metal since 1979 (Judas Priest, Black Sabbath), rock since 1956, age 7 (rock n' roll, Elvis, Bill Halley).
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
16.09.2012 - 21:22
Sangre Sani
^ Wow

I listen to metal for about 10 years, I guess.
20.09.2012 - 19:26
Aristarchos
I have listened to hard rock (Europe) since 1993. I think I got into HammerFall and Manowar around 1998-99, and soon moved further, but since I guess early Europe could be considered metal, I'd say I've been into at least some metal since 1995.
23.09.2012 - 04:12
Dirty Rotten
New here but had to reply to this one. I've been listening to metal/thrash/hardcore since I saw the original Misfits with Glenn Danzig in 1983 ( I think it's been a while. may have been 1982) in New York. Had no idea who they were at the time. My brother brought me, one of the best shows i've ever seen. Been hooked ever since so with that in mind I would say what 29, 30 years now.
05.10.2012 - 19:47
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I can trace my metal origins to about 2007, which was when I first heard Enter Sandman for the first time. For the next couple of years I would be all over the big bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, and Queensrÿche. Then in 2010, I fell in love with Blind Guardian and Opeth both simultaneously, and my metal palette has expanded considerably since then.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
06.10.2012 - 06:10
About 11 years myself, got into heavy metal the more I played drums and I started that when I was 10 1/2.
----
Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/UnderworldInferno?feature=mhee
06.10.2012 - 16:47
Branzig
I've been listening to metal for around 14-15 years. Started with Iron Maiden and never looked back.

I don't plan on ever stopping, but I go through stages in my music tastes depending on the week.

One week it will be goregrind, next week delta blues, next punk, then maybe jazz... and so on and so forth
----
In Grind We Crust
14.10.2012 - 18:19
pottsj
7 years ago. I was ten years old and heard Alice Cooper for the first time. I've been hooked ever since
15.10.2012 - 13:53
doreen
Well, I have just started hearing metal, I mean for just about three months ago. And I found it quite addictive.
15.10.2012 - 14:06
Wargus
Account deleted
I started listening to metal since I was about 13 years old. So that's 2 decades now.
19.10.2012 - 18:00
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
I remember digging music since always really. At 8 or 9 i already enjoyed Kiss, Duran Duran, Status Quo, Bryan Adams and Europe. Bought my first vinyl when i was 11 (Bryan Adam's Run to You single), then got into metal through Manowar, Metallica, Guns n' Roses, Megadeth and Iron Maiden. Around 13 got my first Slayer record and that was it! No more shitty music for me!!
13.01.2013 - 22:49
Capt. Fluntas
Can't say for sure but from about 11 or 12 so let's say 6 years.
----
Life is one big meme.
14.01.2013 - 13:31
emily66012@
12 years old (Not Sure)
I am listening Silent Lapse, Dark Progressive Metal from Michigan right now
14.01.2013 - 14:49
triptych
I have been listening to metal since 1970!!!!!:):) ....hope that doesn't show my age:):)
----
Wine, WOMEN and rock/metal:)
10.03.2013 - 00:57
skrog1
About two decades or so now.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband