Metal Storm logo
The Birthday Massacre

17.05.2006 - 22:14
Etaín
When there's finally a thread about them, it gets deleted So here the new one!

Was pretty surprised to see there are actually some people here who like them. For those who dont know them, check em out. They're a Canadian synth rock band who create wonderful moods with the combination of dreamy music, sweet vocals and lyrics that make you think twice what its about.

Samples from all their songs are available on the official site: http://nothingandnowhere.com
17.05.2006 - 22:21
pyroclasm
Account deleted
they make good music :p Thanks for letting me know of them, Etaìn . They've got a nice style and a certain atmosphere. It makes me want to listen to them right away!
18.05.2006 - 01:06
Deus Ex Machina
Omg...yes..i make a thread and it gets deleted....but of course
Now i'm gonna have all these emotional scars!!!!!
I don't feel like repeating all i said on my old thread..lol..you know what i said.
26.05.2006 - 07:44
Icewings
La Luna
Hey , thanks for bringing this thread again ..even that I didn't see it before I think is excellent you made it again ... so this band is excellent ... I love the way they put music together , and their vocals and they members it just great ... I really like them , and when I saw the website for the first time I was enchanted by it , it's really beautiful ... and it brings me memories to see it again ...I saw it so long ago ... but thanks great great music
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
22.06.2006 - 07:05
J.K.Carnage
Account deleted
seen them live, it was alright. I didn't really hear anything that stood out too much, but they still put on a good show. I think one of the members is like my ex boyfriends sisters ex boyfriend? something crazy like that.
23.06.2006 - 23:29
Semíramis*
This band isn't bad, it's quite catchy and sounds good..though i don't like much their videos. I like Happy Birthday.
----
<..celass abdala rahin asnufar..kahib infehila a mort di kain..>
18.08.2006 - 09:18
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I was intrigued by their strange name to check them out I heard their songs on myspace and really liked it. It's not my usual style but I might consider buying something of theirs, I think I could really get into it. Do you guys have a suggestion on which album to start with?
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
18.08.2006 - 19:36
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
That chick is hot man when I saw them open up for KMFDM...every guy was up front looking up her skirt...musically, they're pretty catchy industrial pop rock in my opinion...the guys in the band look like they belong in Poison...
06.09.2006 - 08:16
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Well, according to the posts above, the band is very good, I'll check them out and then I'll comment here about their style. I heard about them a long time ago, but I've never heard their music
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
16.10.2006 - 07:32
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I got the album "Nothing And Nowhere" and I think that the music isn't bad, quite catchy, but not soo good like many people say
----

Sensorium - Epica
22.11.2006 - 12:41
dark-1988
Account deleted
This band really do create good music. I first discovered them in Metal Hammer. Then I found out they had a VampireFreaks profile.
I think on my personal music player on my profile. (if it's still active!!) I have a couple of there songs on it.

(PM me if you want to know my VF account name.)
23.11.2006 - 17:16
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Allmusic.com says that they're a new wave revival outfit...how many of you would beleive this to be true?
I mean, they're image is pretty new wave but they're music doesn't completely fit that picture...
23.11.2006 - 18:56
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Guest on 22.11.2006 at 12:41

This band really do create good music. I first discovered them in Metal Hammer. Then I found out they had a VampireFreaks profile.
I think on my personal music player on my profile. (if it's still active!!) I have a couple of there songs on it.

(PM me if you want to know my VF account name.)

Hey! another one who knows about VF! I saw their profile too, and this is one of the most known bands there
----

Sensorium - Epica
29.11.2006 - 02:59
Bitch Boy
I remember I posted in this topic, but maybe it was in the old one Anyway, it was nothing special, only to say that TBM has a great atmosphere, and that "Lovers End" is an excellent song.
06.01.2007 - 23:06
Deus Ex Machina
Still no new album but it's on the way.I can hardly wait for it.I really wanna see what the lyrics and stuff are gonna be like on this one.There's actually one new song they posted on Vampire Freaks the 1st day of 2007.You can download it there.
That song is nothing that special,it's really cute like all the other stuff.But they do have much better songs.
Anyways...it's called "Kill the lights" so check it out.
08.01.2007 - 17:44
Etaín
Cool thx, i didnt know that. Been waiting ages to hear new stuff Listening to it right now on MySpace. Sounds nice, but yeh they can do loads better. Still looking forward to the new album. We'll have to wait till august it seems
01.05.2007 - 03:56
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Some time ago I posted here that their music isn't so good like many people say and now I find it quite good
----

Sensorium - Epica
13.06.2007 - 01:12
Ernis
狼獾
I've got "Lovers End"....Dru sent me this song some time ago....It's very good actually....their style seems to have some influences of Marylin and of Deathstars etc....but still they are true to that something that makes them distinguished....the vocals and the use of synthesizers is haunting.....
22.09.2007 - 04:33
Deus Ex Machina
New album out. "Walking with strangers"

Hear it.

Now.
23.09.2007 - 01:24
Etaín
Damn, im so not following them anymore lately. Will get it asap!
23.09.2007 - 02:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Heard a couple of songs and thought it was ok. However, I deleted them for some strange reason. Might check out the new album.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.05.2009 - 12:11
Hybris
It's not the music I use to listen to... but I love this band and they have given me the interest to search more of the kind
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife
18.08.2010 - 15:47
Wishmaster
Account deleted
They're okay. They have a few good songs that I enjoy from time to time.
19.08.2010 - 21:12
vezzy
Stallmanite
I've heard some of their songs, but didn't like them.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.