Metal Storm logo
Free Downloadable Album In Memory Of Jesse Pintado

To honour the passing of the long-term recording artist Jesse Pintado, Earache Records is offering a free downloadable mp3 album. The album entitled 'In Memory Of Jesse Pintado' features some of Jesse's most well-known songs recorded during his time as guitarist for both Napalm Death and Terrorizer.

The sad news of Jesse's death in hospital in Holland on Sunday August 27th 2006 has shocked fans throughout the world, and this album serves as our small tribute to the outstanding music he created during his career.

Earache label manager Dan Tobin had the following to say about Jesse's sudden death:

'Jesse was one of the most genuine people I ever met, extremely friendly and easy-going. Its such a tragic waste. I'll remember him as part of what is my all time favourite Earache record, Terrorizer's 'World Downfall', which is simply a grindcore masterpiece, and for all his amazing work with Napalm Death that I was honoured to be a small part of. I don't think Jesse's passing has been recognised as the huge loss it is - the worlds of extreme music and grindcore/death metal have lost a true pioneer. We owe
him a massive debt and for that I'll always remember the guy fondly.'

The mp3 album can be downloaded here.
The full track listing is as follows:

01. Terrorizer - Ripped To Shreds
02. Napalm Death - The World Keeps Turning
03. Napalm Death - Throwaway
04. Terrorizer - Storm Of Stress
05. Napalm Death - Upwards And Uninterested
06. Napalm Death - I Abstain
07. Terrorizer - Corporation Pull-In
08. Napalm Death - Purist Realist
09. Napalm Death - Remain Nameless
10. Napalm Death - Inner Incineration

Source: earache.com
Band profile: Napalm Death
Posted: 06.09.2006 by Herzebeth

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 2 users
06.09.2006 - 17:46
ylside

Very interesting piece of info, thanks.
06.09.2006 - 17:53
castigation
Account deleted
cool !
07.09.2006 - 04:10
Gerblack
Account deleted
Good way to recognize the labour of a true metal icon...
07.09.2006 - 05:22
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Is a nice way to tribute him. Thanks for the info
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.09.2006 - 08:04
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Indeed. Is it just me though, or does that link not work? I click on it, and it goes to load the page, but nothing happens. It stays as a blank white page, and doesn't load.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
07.09.2006 - 08:11
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Raiden on 07.09.2006 at 08:04

Indeed. Is it just me though, or does that link not work? I click on it, and it goes to load the page, but nothing happens. It stays as a blank white page, and doesn't load.

I had the same problem, should search around the Earache site to see if theres anyother links for it.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.09.2006 - 08:16
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by Xtreme Jax on 07.09.2006 at 08:11

I had the same problem, should search around the Earache site to see if theres anyother links for it.

I had a look, but I can't seem to find anything. Apparentely the album is available for download at www.metaltracks.com/jesse as well, but once you click on it, the same problem occurs.
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
07.09.2006 - 09:54
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Raiden on 07.09.2006 at 08:16

Written by Xtreme Jax on 07.09.2006 at 08:11

I had a look, but I can't seem to find anything. Apparentely the album is available for download at www.metaltracks.com/jesse as well, but once you click on it, the same problem occurs.

Mmm yeah you are right. Great so we have news about a downloadable album in tribute to Jesse Pintado, and we cant access it to check it out ... very puzzling
----

Hellcunt Smurf

Hits total: 3371 | This month: 16