Metal Storm logo
Ozzy Osbourne - Starring In Super Bowl Commercial With Justin Bieber

Okay, NOW we have a legit reason to go picket all upcoming Ozzy Osbourne concerts.

Just when you thought you heard it all, the Prince of Darkness has decided to star in a Best Buy commercial that will air during the Super Bowl... with at his side teen heartthrob and beloved internet hate figure Justin Bieber.

Best Buy - the largest home electronics chain in the USA - marketing chief Drew Panayiotou said that Justin Bieber "symbolically represents something important to the brand message." Executives won't discuss details of the 30-second spot featuring stars from two very different generations. The ad, to air in the game's third quarter, was filmed earlier this month at Universal Studios.

Best Buy declined to say what it's paying Bieber. But it's at least $1 million, estimates Noreen Jenney Laffey, president of Celebrity Endorsement Network, which links celebs with advertisers.

Oh Ozzy

Stomach-churning Neat pictures taken during the shooting of the futuristic advertisement can be watched over here.

Source: usatoday.com
Band profile: Ozzy Osbourne
Posted: 26.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 76   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 429 users
26.01.2011 - 18:37
Chobo_jokeR
Thats fucked up.
26.01.2011 - 18:43
caimanjosh
If this was the beginning of April, I could understand this post...but right now...wtf?!
26.01.2011 - 18:43
Windrider
Raureif
Hooray bieber gets adopted, introduced to metal and non-gayness and if he does not behave he gets eaten by Ozzy!
Love the answer of ozzy...
26.01.2011 - 18:59
Fat & Sassy!
elite
So... who else is not surprised?
26.01.2011 - 19:01
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Haha! Love Ozzy's answer! xD I actually didnt know who he was either, until some 'kind soul' posted a video on here so I could see who he was.
26.01.2011 - 19:14
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Ugh, well I'm actually not too surprised with Ozzy...
26.01.2011 - 19:15
Sasha Batrakov
Account deleted
Watch beiber fag become a metalhead after the commercial
26.01.2011 - 19:16
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 26.01.2011 at 18:59

Nope. The man is a publicity tornado... has been since he entered the "reality" world.
26.01.2011 - 19:19
HateSpark
Puberty metal ? (:
26.01.2011 - 19:20
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Not too surprised, but it feels wrong.
at least his answer was good
----
loves 小巫
26.01.2011 - 19:40
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
LOL so much for Prince of Fucking Darkness :S now he's Prince of Posers :S
26.01.2011 - 19:57
BrokenKnuckles
FUCK EVERYTHING
26.01.2011 - 19:57
Mindheist
No Longer Human
That's great but one question though...Who the hell is Justin Bieber? But no need to worry, he's starring in a commercial with Ozzy, so I'm guessing he's at least 60 years old, a true metalhead and the frontman of a legendary heavy metal band .
26.01.2011 - 20:06
CreeperDeath
My first thought was: LOL good april fool this year
My second thought... In fact I still have not decided what I think about it
26.01.2011 - 20:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin

anyone who is surprised is clueless. he was in a commercial with the Osmonds several years ago, ffs.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.01.2011 - 20:24
Elodie Artour
Slania
Of course he'll do that in order to gain some MORE money. Besides, what makes you all think Ozzy hadn't really heard about Bieber before when they did that interview?

As for this whole "We Hate Justin Bieber" thing, I think we should just support the music we like/love and leave this guy alone. I mean, seriously - what do we get from hating him? He's just one of many other damned souls. As a couple of years or so pass by, children and teens will find themselves listening to some other Miley Cirus/Bieber or whoever. Such people deserve no place on a metal site as ours.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
26.01.2011 - 20:38
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
I don't really see why people are making such a huge deal of Bieber, good or bad. He's just another fad that will die out just as quickly as he got popular. Remember the big craze about the Jonas Brothers? Notice how they're no longer getting any attention now that Bieber is popular?
26.01.2011 - 20:40
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite

I wasn't, really.
Or, a tiny wee bit, because I already knew the video above.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.01.2011 - 21:03
SlaytanicGonzo
I hate to say this but, Ozzy is such a sellout. If this was Lars Ulrich thousands of metalheads would already be looking for him to kidnapp and impale him.
26.01.2011 - 22:01
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I expect some heads being bitten off.
By that, I mean Bieber's head.
26.01.2011 - 22:06
X5452
Account deleted
He's to damn old and fucked up to even realise what he's saying anymore these days, I remember him not even being able to hear 50 000 people scream at the festival I saw him with Black Sabbath in 2005, in all honesty, I consider Ozzy a joke nowadays
26.01.2011 - 22:08
Justn bieber is a fag, pussy,gay motherfucker and ozzy is a reall sellout ! fuckin stupid !
26.01.2011 - 22:14
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Seems like a good place to post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oemgqr1t60A
26.01.2011 - 22:22
terrorist
Auuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.............
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
26.01.2011 - 22:23
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by SlaytanicGonzo on 26.01.2011 at 21:03

I hate to say this but, Ozzy is such a sellout. If this was Lars Ulrich thousands of metalheads would already be looking for him to kidnapp and impale him.

At MTV Icons, Metallica attended an event where Snoop Dogg, Avril Lavigne, and Limp Bizkit played their songs. I dont see how that's any less an "impaling" offence, than performing with Justin Beiber. Anyways, is Ozzy actually going to be performing with him, or just at the same event?
26.01.2011 - 22:24
iaberis
Advice Troll
This is blasphemy! This is madness!
----
Bitch! Please
26.01.2011 - 22:38
Yojimbo
If this was Youtube I would "thumbs up" for hating Bieber. But since this is Metalstorm I'll just let my hatred simmer inside.
26.01.2011 - 22:45
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
It's whatever lol. Justin Bieber's just this generations "New Kids On the Block" trying to gain some credibility by sucking up to Ozzy.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
26.01.2011 - 22:54
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Yojimbo on 26.01.2011 at 22:38

If this was Youtube I would "thumbs up" for hating Bieber. But since this is Metalstorm I'll just let my hatred simmer inside.

Well, I for one, most certainly would not! Its extremely annoying that just about every single music video on youtube I visit, no matter what band it is, there's some comments about Justin Beiber. I noticed this trend long before I even knew who he was! Its obviously people just trying to prove how "tr00" they are, and its just a very cheap way of getting people to thumb up their comments. I now consider any Beiber comments on youtube videos to be spam, and do not pay any heed to them.
26.01.2011 - 23:50
Axe Argonian
Considering Ozzy's warped mind, easygoing nature, and ridiculous public track record, this is not at all surprising. Now, if someone like Kerry King were to share a commercial spotlight with Justin Bieber, then there would be a true reason to be infuriated.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Hits total: 9760 | This month: 24