Metal Storm logo
Hellfest Open Air - Full Line-Up Announced

The day of the last apocalypse has finally arrived! Hellfest Open Air has announced the final batch of 50 names for the 2011 edition, set to take place June 17-19th in Clisson, France.

Click to enlarge

The new bands are: Iggy And The Stooges - Rob Zombie - Apocalyptica - Cavalera Conspiracy - Disturbed - Alter Bridge - Kyuss Lives! - Monster Magnet - The Cult - Mr Big - U.F.O. - Cradle Of Filth - Morbid Angel - Meshuggah - Clutch - Corrosion Of Conformity - Goatsnake - Buzzov?en - Destruction - Municipal Waste - Whiplash - Maximum The Hormone - HammerFall - Crucified Barbara - Black Rain - Suicide Silence - Hail Of Bullets - Gorguts - Morgoth - Tsjuder - Turisas - Grand Magus - Lock Up - Anal Cunt - Total Fucking Destruction - Terror - D.R.I. - US Bombs - The Dwarves - Architects - Times Of Grace - Knut - Kruger - Deez Nuts - Lyzanxia - Sup - Klone - Svart Crown - Impureza - Hangmans Chair + 2 Surprise Acts

There are only 2 surprise acts left to be announced during the following weeks to complete this year's line-up. Unfortunately Street Dogs and Satanic Warmaster were forced to cancel their appearance.

All ticket info is available here. An up to date festival billing is available over here.

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2011
Posted: 27.01.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 36   Visited by: 252 users
27.01.2011 - 15:06
Nerevarine
Oh fuck , always wanted to see Morbid Angel live .. + Septic , Meshuggah , Hawkwind...
----
This Is Not Dead Which Can Eternal Lie, And With Strange Eons, Even Death May Die
27.01.2011 - 15:22
Jehan
Apathia Records
One word :
Awesome...
27.01.2011 - 15:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
I really don't think this line-up is as good as last year's. That being said, there are still some classic bands I've love to see live (Bolt Thrower, Malevolent Creation, Grave) and "heavyweights" a la Vader and Krisiun. I suppose Mayhem would be worthwhile as well - both main stages are almost completely irrelevant to me with the exception of Morbid Angel, Sodom, and Atheist.

I'm sure plenty of people will be happy though; this is a pretty diverse line-up for hard rock/metal fans.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.01.2011 - 15:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.01.2011 at 15:29

I really don't think this line-up is as good as last year's. That being said, there are still some classic bands I've love to see live (Bolt Thrower, Malevolent Creation, Grave) and "heavyweights" a la Vader and Krisiun. I suppose Mayhem would be worthwhile as well - both main stages are almost completely irrelevant to me with the exception of Morbid Angel, Sodom, and Atheist.

I'm sure plenty of people will be happy though; this is a pretty diverse line-up for hard rock/metal fans.

imo the line-up is stronger than last year's. Just look at the Terrorizer tent. Fucking hell...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2011 - 15:38
Windrider
Raureif
Have not heard yet of a band called "suprise act", but they even play two times... Gotta check them out!
27.01.2011 - 15:39
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.01.2011 at 15:30

Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.01.2011 at 15:29

imo the line-up is stronger than last year's. Just look at the Terrorizer tent. Fucking hell...

The only day worth mentioning for Terrorizer (personally of course) would be Sunday. Friday/Saturday I could live without.

PS - as if I forgot naming Coroner as a classic! haha
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.01.2011 - 15:39
Damn, what a line up... especially the Terrorizer tent, look at that Sunday line up..
@ Marcel: any spare places in whatever you're using to drive there?
27.01.2011 - 15:45
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by kingofinsania on 27.01.2011 at 15:39

@ Marcel: any spare places in whatever you're using to drive there?

I have booked a seat on the bus with Doomstar Bookings.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2011 - 15:47
Jeff
Freaky Admin
elite
Written by Windrider on 27.01.2011 at 15:38

Have not heard yet of a band called "suprise act", but they even play two times... Gotta check them out!

Yes, this stage is insane! (not saying that the other ones are bad of course!) BUT SHIT !
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
27.01.2011 - 15:50
cam
At The Gates as one of the "suprise acts?" They'd fit pretty comfortably under Morbid Angel on Mainstage02, I think.

I'm heading back over to Europe (from Colombia) to get to a couple of festivals, but I am having a hard time deciding when due to most of the festivals not having announced many bands.

I really want to see At The Gates (thinking Tuska or Bloodstock), but I'd really love to see D.R.I. also. Decisions, decisions...
27.01.2011 - 16:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
As usual, commence praise for hellfest's lineup, bashing of wacken and sonisphere UK, and whining that there are no such festivals where user currently resides
27.01.2011 - 16:24
wrathchild
staff
Sunday MainStage 2 = happiness
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
27.01.2011 - 16:32
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by wrathchild on 27.01.2011 at 16:24

Sunday MainStage 2 = happiness

looking at it that would be the most boring stage of the entire weekend for me
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2011 - 16:44
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
I'm afraid some great bands would play with other ones at the same time, like Bolt Thrower and Scorpions or Coroner, or Mayhem during Rob Zombie or Morbid Angel. But this line-up is fuckin' mighty, I wanted to see Morbid Angel for years, it's incredible!!! And the Thrash Mainstage 2 during the saturday is amazing!! Thank you Hellfest!!!
27.01.2011 - 16:48
Promonex
Cathemeral
elite
Bolt Thrower, Rob Zombie, Monster Magnet, The Cult, Scorpions, Apocalyptica, Ozzy Osbourne, Judas Priest, Morbid Angel, Coroner, Therion, Pain of Salvation, Mekong Delta, Municipal Waste, Klone, Krisiun, DHG, Septicflesh, Morgoth, Clutch, Corrosion of Conformity, D.R.I, The Young Gods, Hawkwind, Buzzov*en, Audrey Horne = damn few sleep!

Written by Valentin B on 27.01.2011 at 16:14

As usual, commence praise for hellfest's lineup, bashing of wacken and sonisphere UK, and whining that there are no such festivals where user currently resides

Yeah man, Wacken sucks total ass! Speaking of which, wanna camp there together again this year?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
27.01.2011 - 16:52
Main Stage: Mr. Big. Awwwshit.
27.01.2011 - 17:06
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Iggy is there? That's a pretty cool one, I have to say.
----
27.01.2011 - 17:25
Baz Anderson
staff
So Cradle Of Filth are on at the same time as Ozzy? I don't think that's a good idea.
27.01.2011 - 17:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Baz Anderson on 27.01.2011 at 17:25

So Cradle Of Filth are on at the same time as Ozzy? I don't think that's a good idea.

I don't see the poblem with that since they draw a different crowd.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.01.2011 - 17:35
Jeff
Freaky Admin
elite
And who care about COF anyway ? lol

+ the real schedule (I'm talking about the "hours") is not done
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
27.01.2011 - 17:40
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Promonex on 27.01.2011 at 16:48

Yeah man, Wacken sucks total ass! Speaking of which, wanna camp there together again this year?

yeah, why not.. i would reconsider going there, but only if i can catch Iced Earth and Judas Priest on separate headlining shows.
27.01.2011 - 18:19
arj
Awesome lineup. Now I'm very happy I bought my tickets early. Hail Of bullets and Morbid Angels are highlights for me, but many good bands announced. Bring the summer!
27.01.2011 - 18:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Is one of the special guests gonna be ozzy's new protege, beiber?

COC, Dwarves, Clutch - some good new announcements.

awesome to see some big names. am really happy to see Valient Thorr is getting a main-stage gig during a "regular" night. if anyone going is unsure what they want to catch at that time slot, go to the hellbar, grab a couple hellbeers, and catch VT. they are a blast and will kick off your party in proper style.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
27.01.2011 - 18:45
unswabbed
Awesome Line Up. Rob Zombie, Disturbe, Morbid Angel, Hammerfall, Iggy Pop (a legend), Cradle Of Filth, Apocalyptica. I don't regret bought my ticket early with my wife. The wait will be very long
27.01.2011 - 18:46
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Morbid Angel - Meshuggah - Hail Of Bullets - Gorguts - Morgoth - Sup

I was already happy, now even moreso.
And as always, I'll stick to mainstage 2 & Rock Hard tent.
Apart of 3-4 bands, the Terrorizer stage does nothing for me. As usual!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
27.01.2011 - 19:53
Vombatus
Potorro
Just wow.....

This is dream-lineup, so much better than last year (even if HF always has incredible lineups)

And of course, I can't go this year (damn i'm retard )
Hope they will keep this level next year where my presence almost sure
27.01.2011 - 21:46
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
The final line-up is simply awesome, as usual!

And I'm happy to see the addition of Morbid Angel, Destruction and Hail Of Bullets to the bunch of new names.
27.01.2011 - 22:35
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted

I hate being American.
28.01.2011 - 00:37
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Holy shit! Main Stage two on sunday is like a collection of my favorite bands >.<
----
28.01.2011 - 01:53
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Written by BitterCOld on 27.01.2011 at 18:45

Is one of the special guests gonna be ozzy's new protege, beiber?
I loled to hard. He would literally get slaughtered there XD

I'm still doing my final year project at that time! >: Really want to see Coroner, Bolt Thrower, Mekong Delta, SepticFlesh and Morbid Angel...
----
loves 小巫

Hits total: 6345 | This month: 11