Metal Storm logo
Shatter Messiah - A spectacular debut album! Ex Annihilator/Nevermore

06.09.2006 - 21:36
Hellish Star

This is a "must have" for you metal heads who love metal because of the art of the music with ex members from Annihilator, Nevermore, Archetype...

Pure agression, melodic lines and a lot of skills. Shatter Messiah (USA) released their first alvum and you can find a lot in this album. First of all these guys are pretty original and they mix US power with thrash, extreme thrash, even death metal.

Sometimes you'll hear music like Nevermore,Pantera, Communic or Twelfth Gate, on another song you will hear influences from Infernal Majesty, Exodus or Sons Of Jonathas. Even Metal Church (with David Wayne and even Mike Howe) were for sure influences.

The singer is Greg Wagner, singer from Archetype and Breaker and people (a chosen few) who know these bands will know he's a top singer!

"Buy or die" and for once you guys should try to get into bands that are not supported by big labels or popular media... Support the underground!!!!

www.myspace.com/shattermessiah

or

www.shattermesiah.com
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
07.09.2006 - 23:00
Hellish Star

Come'on, don't tell me you guys aren't interested in a band with members of Annihilator and Nevermore....
----

08.09.2006 - 19:01
MetalSpider

Ex Nevermore members? I will definitely check it out!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
08.09.2006 - 19:31
MetalSpider

I listened to the sound clips on their website. Sounds great! I want it!
----

08.09.2006 - 19:55
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Sounds like a band for me. Anything that slightly reminds one of Nevermore must be worth checking out.

Damn, that site loads slow..

The music: Is not as good as Nevermore, but whatever, Nevermore are gods anyway. It is sometimes interesting, sometimes boring as hell. And sometimes, I don't like it. So overall, it didn't appeal to me much. Those Hardcore influences.. I don't like them.. just my opinion.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.09.2006 - 05:38
MetalSpider

I didnt really hear any hardcore influences.
----

09.09.2006 - 14:31
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Perhaps it wasn't hardcore. I don't really know anything about hardcore. But I thought it was, see.

Anyway, whatever it was, I didn't really like it.
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
09.09.2006 - 17:05
Hellish Star

Written by Lucas on 08.09.2006 at 19:55

Sounds like a band for me. Anything that slightly reminds one of Nevermore must be worth checking out.

Damn, that site loads slow..

The music: Is not as good as Nevermore, but whatever, Nevermore are gods anyway. It is sometimes interesting, sometimes boring as hell. And sometimes, I don't like it. So overall, it didn't appeal to me much. Those Hardcore influences.. I don't like them.. just my opinion.

Have you even heard the cd?
----

09.09.2006 - 17:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Yes, that is what I do before I give you my opinion.

I take it, that you mean I haven't listened to it wiht as much attention as I should, so I'll listen to it again.

And guess what. I still don't really like it.

It just.. doesn't have it.
----

09.09.2006 - 18:36
Hellish Star

@nervel; only your opinion...I don't know what you really like but comparing with Nevermore's last albums this is a great piece of metal... And yes, I'm a big Nevermore (and Sanctuary) fan...
----

10.09.2006 - 00:41
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Well, me to. And for some reason this doesn't grab me. Perhaps my expectations are too high, or whatever.

Just to do you a favor, I will download the songs soon and give them some regular listening, and perhaps my opinion will switch 180 degrees. In that case, I'll let you know.
----

15.10.2006 - 17:14
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I have listened to them again, and I like it better. It is still NOWHERE near the great Nevermore, but it is some more than decent music for me now. Perhaps this is promising.
----

29.11.2006 - 12:05
Thryce
Retired Staff
The band has made some songs from their debut album available online for streaming:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/events/news_comments.php?news_id=3864
----
Your favorite band sucks.
15.12.2006 - 06:30
MetalSpider

I finally found this album...and I really like it!!!! Some great songs on the album. It does have a Nevermore sound. The guitar work is very good. The guitar solo's are good as well, but not as good as Nevermore. The songs themselves are great. I still like Nevermore's work more, but this is a damn good album. I cant wait to see what they will do next.
----

19.02.2007 - 14:09
Deadsoulman

I've only just discovered this band and their album, and I love it

That's just the type of metal I enjoy a lot these days, this mix between power, thrash and death metal. Gotta say that unlike some people here, I think Shatter Messiah really succeeded with this debut album. You can hear the influence of many bands but it doesn't actually sound like a rip-off, which is a good thing... And the vocals are definitely the strongest feature here, this guy's as easy with clean, melodic vocals as with extreme ones.
22.02.2007 - 05:16
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I've just listened to their myspace songs and they sound pretty good. They kind of remind me a little of a mixture between Nevermore and Jag Panzer, but more simple. Some of the choruses are a little gay, but overall it's not bad.

This is the closest to power metal that I will ever get...