10. Crucifier Avenged
11. Rabid
12. Torn Through
13. Death Walking Terror [live] [German edition bonus]
14. Make Them Suffer [live] [German edition bonus]
15. Disfigured [live] [German edition bonus]

Additional info
Released in the following editions:
Limited box edition including Digipack & Zombie puppet.
Limited Digipack CD, including 4 bonus tracks.
Standard jewelcase edition.
LP + 7" on red vinyl, lim. + handnumbered to 500 units, the 7" includes the 4 bonus tracks.
LP, black vinyl, undisclosed number of copies.

The vinyl versions have a different artwork.

The Japanese edition includes 2 bonus live tracks.

A music video was made for "Encased in Concrete".

Engineered and mixed by Erik Rutan.
Additional engineering by Robert Caldwell and Brian Elliott.
Assistant engineering by Charles Godfrey, Jerry Ordonez, and Adrian Lozano.

Produced by Erik Rutan.

Recorded at Sonic Ranch Studios and Mana Recording Studios.
Mixed at Mana Recording Studios.
Mastered by Alan Douches at West Westside Music.

Artwork by Vince Locke.

Staff review by
Doc G.
Rating:
N/A
Wow! What a step forward Cannibal Corpse has made! Synthed orchestras, accordion, even some female operatic segments thrown in! This is clearly the dawn of a new era for this band, reinventing themselves into something far more intricate, dynamic and delicate than we've seen from them - or metal in general - for ages.

Read more ››
published 13.03.2012 | Comments (42)

Found in 45 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 128   Visited by: 1329 users
29.01.2011 - 19:31
Rating: 7
I_Die_Often

Isn't the world coming to an end before this is released???
They better move the date a bit, I want to hear this before I die!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
29.01.2011 - 20:50
Rating: 9
BenWasHere

No, this'll be out before that. The world ends in December of 2012
so we can listen to it while we die.
29.01.2011 - 21:24
bakerskater180

Written by BenWasHere on 29.01.2011 at 20:50

That's aggressive!!
----

[image]
30.01.2011 - 10:19
Vivi'

Written by bakerskater180 on 29.01.2011 at 21:24

That's aggressive!!

No, it sound soooo tr00! But more like black metal or something
30.01.2011 - 19:21
regmighty

The two things i always look forward to when i hear about a new CC album: The album art, and track list song names!
01.02.2011 - 08:15
CliffemAll

Excited as fuck!
09.02.2011 - 03:29
bakerskater180

Written by Vivi' on 30.01.2011 at 10:19

Written by bakerskater180 on 29.01.2011 at 21:24

That's aggressive!!

No, it sound soooo tr00! But more like black metal or something

haha lol true
----

[image]
06.03.2011 - 13:16
dead

I god damn pray with all that is in me that they take a step or two or 3 away from "evisceration plauge" and just own some "Tomb of the Mutilated" for old times sake, it is cannibal corpse god damned its not lamb of god. they musnt loose their vulgarity nd gutteral intensity, and what about their famous blast beats that forever have shapped my musical identiy.
06.03.2011 - 17:27
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by dead on 06.03.2011 at 13:16

I god damn pray with all that is in me that they take a step or two or 3 away from "evisceration plauge" and just own some "Tomb of the Mutilated" for old times sake, it is cannibal corpse god damned its not lamb of god. they musnt loose their vulgarity nd gutteral intensity, and what about their famous blast beats that forever have shapped my musical identiy.

i am sure that they wont do your favor! they''ll create one more album with some awesome songs and many fillers too! it is the "cannibal corpse formula" with corpsegrinder...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
07.03.2011 - 12:27
dead

Written by Deadmeat on 06.03.2011 at 17:27

i am sure that they wont do your favor! they''ll create one more album with some awesome songs and many fillers too! it is the "cannibal corpse formula" with corpsegrinder...

oh i totaly belive it. i love george as a vocalist and i like what theyve done with the band, but its not cannible corpse, not the cannible corpse that i grew up with. they are one of my top favorite bands ever, but thats because of everything they did 1991-1993. 91-93 CC is my exact defffinition of euphoric metal bliss, and they have lost everything that made them so special in my heart.

they really should change the band name if they are going to keep going the direction evisceration is taking. drop the cannible and i would love them as corpse, but as cannible corpse its gutwrenchingly dissapointing to me that after 20 years of being so true to what cannibal corpse is, they are suddenly cleaning up the sound and making themselfs more acceptable to a much much larger fan base. im not tryin to say they sold out or anything but..... every person ive heard even mention them in the past year had JUST discovered them...

idk anyone who was a fan of anything before kill, that is still a fan. i will always love cannible corpse the best, but this just isnt that.

tho some good news,

Six Feet Under has recently recived the drummer from DAATH and the guitarist from Chimara AND Chris Barnes stated that his vocal style will return to what it was like in 1993-1995; he was still in Cannibal Corpse;

"That's right. There'll be a definite variety and certain dynamics to each song? there's one song we've got down and I kind of surprised myself on it because I haven't really sang to a blast beat in a long time. The way the song was written, it put me right back into my old pocket. It was like going home; it was effortless. I really like the way it turned out; I think there'll be more of that kind of thing on there as far as maybe some old Tomb Of The Mutilated style vocals, Bleeding type vocals. The music on this is lending itself more towards those styles, going back to that era I guess you could say."

i would sacrifice my soul to the epicness of Tomb of the mutilated, i have never loved anything in my life more than i love everything about that album and after 18 years of building dissapointment and loosing my faith in the Cannible Corpse i loved so deeply..... Cannible corpse moves on and Chris Barnes Revives the essance of my soul. my favorite singer in the world will be singing like he did when he was in my favorite band realeasing my favorite album, but only he will have members of DAATH and Chimira to add to the intense brutality.

its really perfect timing.
07.03.2011 - 12:45
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by dead on 07.03.2011 at 12:27

Written by Deadmeat on 06.03.2011 at 17:27

oh i totaly belive it. i love george as a vocalist and i like what theyve done with the band, but its not cannible corpse, not the cannible corpse that i grew up with. they are one of my top favorite bands ever, but thats because of everything they did 1991-1993. 91-93 CC is my exact defffinition of euphoric metal bliss, and they have lost everything that mad

yeah and the reason for that is mainly barnes imo. he helped the band being very experimental on his era what hasn't happened even 1 time after him leaving...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
07.03.2011 - 13:02
dead

Barnes has an original rawness to his vocal style that jsut cant be compared to anyone else. its so haggard and rough and carnal, and its not him trying to sing in the style of anyone else .it its purley Chris Barnes in every sence. and ajesting from chris to george was a verry verry resistant long gruleing battle for me, but i didnt want to lose the band beacuse my favorite part of the band left so early, i kinda learned to imagine george in chris's voice n just tried to pretend they wernt two differant people.

and six feet under is an awsome band and its an awsome chris barnes fix, but the musical composure of the songs just didnt due his vocals justice and its kinda sad cuz i know how much better he could sound with slight musical alterations.

so i got the singer in a shitty band, and i got the band with a shitty singer who is now turning everything into something in a completly differant class of shit, and just when i start to make peace with the demising end of the one thing ive alwaysd loved more and longer than anything else in my life, chris posted a blog saying hes going to go back to and bring back and revive the vocal and musical styles of the specific album that ive been uncontrollably obsessed with for half of my life.

i wish both bands the best of luck, and i really hope no one gets rushed into making an album they arnt truly happy with, and i have faith in my soul that cannible corpse will make good desicions and they really put alot of thought and concideration in the creaton of any up comming albums.
29.03.2011 - 21:58
Destructhor

Written by I_Die_Often on 29.01.2011 at 19:31

The world ends nine months later
30.03.2011 - 03:03
I_Die_Often

Written by Destructhor on 29.03.2011 at 21:58

The world ends nine months later

Hope they tour my state during those 9 months!
Max my VISA at the merch booth! What the hell! Dying in a few months anyway, right!?!
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
30.03.2011 - 03:27
Destructhor

You must hear Monumental Torment, this is most brutal Russian band, I know.. Keep rocking
30.03.2011 - 06:28
Void_Eater
Account deleted
This album is going to cause the 2012 apocalypse!
05.04.2011 - 20:28
Destructhor

Yeah! I have no patient to hear this destructive heavy sound, NO MERCY!! \\m//
19.04.2011 - 18:19
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

you mean before you die again ^
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
20.04.2011 - 01:16
I_Die_Often

Written by Boxcar Willy on 19.04.2011 at 18:19

you mean before you die again ^

----
20.04.2011 - 02:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Even though I didn't enjoy their latest, I'm still looking forward to this.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.04.2011 - 05:31
soadbyob
Account deleted

I honestly could go either ways with this album, I discovered Corpse with EP and Kill so Im partial to the "new" style, but I love oldschool too, so whatever happens Im getting it!
15.08.2011 - 11:31
Metaller211

Written by Guest on 27.04.2011 at 05:31

I honestly could go either ways with this album, I discovered Corpse with EP and Kill so Im partial to the "new" style, but I love oldschool too, so whatever happens Im getting it!

Haha yes! I hope it gets more Technical like The Wretched Spawn
----
Vomitory - Chaos Fury \m/
15.08.2011 - 14:20
antk

I'm particularly looking forward for this next release. Cannibal Corpse never compromises!
15.08.2011 - 17:57
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by antk on 15.08.2011 at 14:20
I'm particularly looking forward for this next release. Cannibal Corpse never compromises!

It's true...they may not be the best overall band, but I'll be damned if someone argues they aren't consistent. They deliver the same good every time, which has its pros and cons obviously.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2011 - 18:07
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.08.2011 at 17:57

It's true...they may not be the best overall band, but I'll be damned if someone argues they aren't consistent. They deliver the same good every time, which has its pros and cons obviously.

Pros include being able to buy only one album..
15.08.2011 - 18:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 18:07

Ba-zing! Although I'd say you should buy two - one with Barnes and one with Corpsegrinder.
----
15.08.2011 - 18:11
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted

I thought you said they were overrated and very boring.
15.08.2011 - 18:13
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 18:11

FIne... Pros include one less band to add to your evergrowing list of bands to check out.
15.08.2011 - 18:13
BeastOfMetal456
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 18:13

Written by Guest on 15.08.2011 at 18:11

FIne... Pros include one less band to add to your evergrowing list of bands to check out.

15.08.2011 - 18:29
antk

It obviously depends on one's musical tastes. For me CC's a band that I can easily pick one album and buy it without being afraid of having my money wasted. I seem them like AC/DC, same old formula, but allways good music!

Hits total: 27964 | This month: 46