Metal Storm logo
Metallica - Start Working On New Album Later This Year

Danish tabloid Ekstra Bladet recently conducted an interview with formerly renowned Danish tennis pro Lars Ulrich.

When asked when he and his jamming buddies in Metalium would begin work on the follow-up to Death Magnetic (voted Best Heavy Metal Album of 2008 according to 478 people with the best taste in music of everyone on this site), he answered:

"There's a really good vibe in the band at the moment. In the past, we would be fed up with Metallica whenever we returned home after a gigantic world tour, but this time it's different. Therefore it won't be that long before we start working on a new album. I think that we'll probably already get the creative process going in March or April and go into the studio. We really want to get back to Metallica quickly because we are enjoying it so much right now."

If you must, the full interview can be read on Blabbymouth.

Next to a huge one-show tour of North America in April, Metallica will also be playing two Sonisphere Festivals (UK and France) in July and Rock In Rio in September.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Metallica
Posted: 01.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 54   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 497 users
02.02.2011 - 12:12
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Only a 12 year old, or someone with very low intellect would find saying "Death FAGnetic" amusing.

Written by Deleted Scenes on 02.02.2011 at 05:36
Are you Lars Ulrich?

It's blatantly obvious he was being totally sarcastic. lol

Written by Valentin B on 02.02.2011 at 01:36

Hopefully it will be another step in the right direction, like Death Magnetic, which i found to be a decent enough album.

Totally agreed. To me at least, it was neither a grand return to form, nor was it a bad album, which seemed to the most popularly held opinons of the album. It had some great moments, but too many niggling flaws prevented it from being a truly great Metallica album. If the next album can improve on it, then just maybe, Metallica have one amazing album still left in them.
02.02.2011 - 14:16
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Hell NOOOO
02.02.2011 - 16:22
MetallicA_3

Can't W88888888888888
HAIL METALLICA
and i like deathmagnetic as it means old metallica for me ( that's my opinion )
02.02.2011 - 17:31
rodion-z

Written by pazuzuovbabel on 01.02.2011 at 22:57

Hmmmmm ,, as one of my friends say, is it gona be another DeathFAGnetic !!!???

Tell your friend, it's rude to talk about music during sex.
02.02.2011 - 17:34
INÆRIS

You're funny Thryce.
----
Still Life, Still Death
02.02.2011 - 18:43
DrunkenFuck
Thrasher!
Looking forward to it! Death Magnetic was pretty good! Certainly the best they've released since Justice.
----
THRASH!!!
02.02.2011 - 19:21
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by BitterCOld on 02.02.2011 at 01:19

My expectation.. 40% of people will horribly overrate the album and another 40% will bash it because it is the cool thing to do. album will be mediocre to decent... 6-7 is my NostradaM-S guess.

I respectfully disagree. If Nostradamus were alive, he would have said the following: "80% of people will bash the heck out of it since it's the trendy thing to do these days. 10% won't cast their votes in order to enhance their trOO attitude and Kvlt propaganda. And the remaining 10% will simply kneel as The Four Horsemen proudly unleash their newest heavy metal warstory to the world"...and I'm sure as hell, I will be one of those who do that. Because Metallica are simply from another planet. They could even release a rap album and I'd still love them because they have contributed so much to the metal scene to the point that they have become untouchable. I've already cleared some space on my desktop for it...Bring on the beast, you heavy metal thunder!

Long Live Metallica .
02.02.2011 - 20:24
terrorist

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!1
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
02.02.2011 - 22:51
Luke717

Metallica? cant you guys just go away. your already rich enough
02.02.2011 - 23:05
R.I.Pdeadlegends
Account deleted
............................................. .............................. ....... .. .... ... stop whatever you're planning "Metal"lica ........... simply go into early retirement
............... ............ ...............................
Unlessssss by some crazy, impossible miracle they decide to throw the money away and play like they used to, when they were drunk junkies But who am I kidding.....
02.02.2011 - 23:55
boskymyszcz

Written by marzepka87 on 02.02.2011 at 05:12

Written by Guest on 02.02.2011 at 01:17

I'm not expecting much....

noone is, and I think everyone stopped expecting anything good from Metallica the second St. Anger was released(atleast I did)

I totally agree... I stopped having any expectations from them already... If the album turns out to be actually good (Magnetic totally sucked in my opinion) it will come as a total suprise to me.
03.02.2011 - 01:01
.Nemesis.

I used to be SOOOOOO in love with Metallica, but then I moved on to death and black metal. I still like Metallica though
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
03.02.2011 - 04:10
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I wasn't expecting another Metallica album so soon but goon on them!
03.02.2011 - 04:19
Novas

They need their 80s producer back, Flamming Rasmussen (Evile), in order to have their old sound back.
Like more "My Apocalypse" but with BETTER and rougher vocals.....

And yes, Death Magnetic was too overrated, but it was a nice step forward. from their 90s hard rock crap...
03.02.2011 - 04:23
Novas

Written by arj on 02.02.2011 at 11:55

Better production would be a good start, but I guess that is wishful thinking. Maybe Metallica thinks it can invent black metal again, like they "invented" death metal with and justice for all (according to Lars ).

Well Lars and the band were on major drugs and alcohol, remember ? lol.
Slayer, Bathory and Death helped death and black metal rise as a genre.
03.02.2011 - 04:27
Novas

Written by Xim on 02.02.2011 at 02:30

Death Magnetic was great. Not a perfect return to form as advertised though, more like Justice meets the Black Album if you ask me.

Anyways, excited to hear what they come up with next.

More like a REAL thrashier/heavier version of St. Anger.
But i did agree AT FIRST listening to Death Magnetic that is was a blend between Justice and the Black albums
03.02.2011 - 05:52
Timmeh
Dudeman
Death Magnetic was a step in the right direction if you ask me, maybe this one will go one step further.
03.02.2011 - 06:24
Vikcen
Metálico
GOD, i don't want to continue reading this thread! or else i will be corrupted!!

ummm maybe will be a rap metal album??
03.02.2011 - 06:40
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
New song...

Unforgiven IV: The Return
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
03.02.2011 - 09:57
Silent Jay

I enjoyed Death Magnetic (giving it a listen now as it goes) and i don't think it was all too 'over-hyped'. It may not be quite up to par with their 80's material but lets be honest, ANYONE who expects a band to successfully tap into their older sound and please every fan over 20 years on is wishing for far too much. Metallica clearly are not the in the same mindframe or even personality-wise to write another Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets. Those days are long gone. Death Magnetic was a step in the right direction after a soft 90's run and that fucking diabolical piece of shit that is commonly referred to as St. Anger. The only real problem I have with Death Magnetic is its shitty mix making it hard for me to listen to loud. My ears do not like that fuzz.
03.02.2011 - 17:15
Aebsi

Written by Silent Jay on 03.02.2011 at 09:57

The only real problem I have with Death Magnetic is its shitty mix making it hard for me to listen to loud. My ears do not like that fuzz.

That's what most of us over 20's, going on 30's or 30's going on 40's or whatever, are talking about, we want the raw sound back. We know they're well past K.E.A., R.T.L. and M.O.P. mostly cause they've evolved, it's what all great bands do, we might not like the direction. Just don't overly master the albums, keep it raw at least a little.
----
Just be Yourself
03.02.2011 - 18:38
neonxaos

I think Death Magnetic is a very underrated album, but that's just my five cents.
03.02.2011 - 19:44
nb

I don't recall if I voted for Death Magnetic as the best album that year, but as many people say they made a nice effort in the right direction and I enjoy listening to that album from time to time, I appreciate it for what it is.
05.02.2011 - 02:03
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
I liked Death Magnetic as well, hope they follow up with something of the same caliber or better.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.

Hits total: 7215 | This month: 6