Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Nergal Back In The Hospital

Only less than two weeks ago, the good news came out that the 33-year-old leukemia-stricken Behemoth frontman Nergal has been released from the hospital. But the optimism proved short lived...

According to Fakt.pl, Nergal (his hot girlfriend calls him Adam Darski), has been readmitted to the hematology division of Uniwersyteckie Centrum Kliniczne in Gdansk because he developed an infection six weeks after he underwent a bone marrow transplant procedure.

Dr. Maria Bieniaszewska, assistant professor in the Department of Hematology, was quoted as saying: "The patient was taken to hospital again because he did not take proper care of himself."

It is not presently clear if the infection will affect Nergal's adoption of the bone marrow transplant and how long he will have to remain in the hospital. In his condition, when the immune system is weakened, such infections could even be life-threatening.

According to marrow.org, most infections happen in the first 100 days after a transplant, but they remain a risk as long as the patient's immune system is weak.

In the statement Nergal issued when released from the hospital, he said: "Although the whole treatment went really good, as well as the bone marrow transplant and the post-transplant period, the next several months is the time when I must really take care of myself. Of course, I will have plenty of time to recover, think about the strategy and my return to the stage ? which approaches imminently. (laughs) First of all, however, I must rebuild my physical condition."

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 02.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 64   Visited by: 711 users
02.02.2011 - 20:52
Xim
Rocker of Worlds
Damnit Nergal, come on. Take care of yourself...please? We've had more than enough metal heroes dieing.
02.02.2011 - 20:53
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Now be patient and have luck...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
02.02.2011 - 20:54
Prisoner
Account deleted
Shit!!! life-threatening?! holy shit
I wish he gets well soon!
02.02.2011 - 20:59
Kriegsphilosoph
Account deleted
Oh, for fuck sakes...
02.02.2011 - 21:00
Huntteri
I will not be sad if he is not going to take care of himself and dies because of that. It makes him an idiot, or a person who has no hope to survive then I understand him perfectly
02.02.2011 - 21:01
Got Mayhem?
It's to be expected. After my mother had her marrow transplant and was finally allowed home she stayed mostly inside for quite a long time. Hopefully Darski will be smart enough to realize that while it's tempting to try to immediately return to a normal life he needs to take it slowly, very slowly.
----
02.02.2011 - 21:03
Axe Argonian
This is not good at all... Let us hope that he recovers, for too many metal stars have died already.

I'm curious, however. How did Nergal not take care of himself? Was he smoking and drinking when he shouldn't have?
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
02.02.2011 - 21:25
Vivi'
Guys, don't take everything for granted. And btw, even doctors make mistakes.

These news made my day even worse
02.02.2011 - 21:59
Windrider
Raureif
Come on Nergal, have a little rest...
02.02.2011 - 22:14
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
If he made it through the first, he can make it through again.
02.02.2011 - 22:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
You've got a second chance at life and you don't follow the procedures doctors tell you in order to stay alive. Someone donated bone marrow, an insanely painful procedure, and you take it for granted.

Don't get me wrong, it's hard to read through the several updates of musicians dying, but if Nergal chooses not to exercise the necessary precautions in order NOT TO DIE, then he obviously isn't looking for sympathy, and he won't get any from me.

That being said, best of luck. Stop fuckin' around and give yourself a break.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
02.02.2011 - 22:15
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
FFS Nergal, just take a chill pill, listen to elevator music or something... Don't freaking move.. I don't know, just take proper care mkay?

I really don't want this year to be bad... I really don't want to.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
02.02.2011 - 22:17
Inshushinak
Fuck , not again
02.02.2011 - 22:22
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
He's a man not a god...should've taken more care of himself....he had it coming :S hope he gets back on his feet as soon as possible
02.02.2011 - 22:22
Kaspar
Not, that's really a bummer.
02.02.2011 - 22:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Next news what be posted...he die
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.02.2011 - 22:34
Ag Fox
Angel No More
elite
Wow, she's hot o.o
----
loves 小巫
02.02.2011 - 22:53
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Well that's 6 more weeks of winter if I ever heard it.....

Damnit, yo!!!!
----
02.02.2011 - 23:03
Imraghil
Damnit!!
02.02.2011 - 23:06
silenius
Flee the hospital, start a global rampage consuming the modern world and ill see you in valhala!
02.02.2011 - 23:16
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Bad English on 02.02.2011 at 22:26

Next news what be posted...he die

Wtf, Kariasakis?!

Otherwise, I do agree with you guys - Nergal MUST take proper care of himself. Else, we all know what would happen...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
02.02.2011 - 23:28
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Thats what i have said in previous news...beware of cheering up too early
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.02.2011 - 23:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 02.02.2011 at 22:14

You've got a second chance at life and you don't follow the procedures doctors tell you in order to stay alive. Someone donated bone marrow, an insanely painful procedure, and you take it for granted.

Don't get me wrong, it's hard to read through the several updates of musicians dying, but if Nergal chooses not to exercise the necessary precautions in order NOT TO DIE, then he obviously isn't looking for sympathy, and he won't get any from me.

That being said, best of luck. Stop fuckin' around and give yourself a break.

My thoughts exactly. Maybe he'll just fucking stay in the hospital this time until the threat is lowered.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.02.2011 - 23:55
33 year old? really????
02.02.2011 - 23:58
regmighty
If it all makes you feel any better most infections like this are easly treated, it is unlikely he will die in from this. How ever he NEEDS TO TAKE CARE OF HIMSELF!!!!! So i really dont think he is going to die.

Btw ten bucks says this was from rough sex with his super hot gf lol
02.02.2011 - 23:59
Vivi'
Are you insane? Bone marrow transplant and sex? He should be a fucking moron to do it.

Wow, he was 14 when Behemoth started?
03.02.2011 - 00:16
ladyvailen
Look at pics of him and his gf, how sweet http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=38209&id=153133638065261
03.02.2011 - 00:24
regmighty
Written by ladyvailen on 03.02.2011 at 00:16

Look at pics of him and his gf, how sweet http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=38209&id=153133638065261

Awe they are cute
03.02.2011 - 00:27
Vivi'
He is really, really cute - maybe because he is next to the woman he loves
03.02.2011 - 00:31
ladyvailen
Now he look different after chemo etc - http://www.fakt.pl/Nergal-wychodzi-ze-szpitala-FOTO-,galeria-artykulu,92764,1.html if you dont want to see it, dont look (( it's very sad.....i hope he gets back to shape soon

Hits total: 13339 | This month: 16