Metal Storm logo
TV Series you liked as a kid but now find pretty different

Original post

Posted by , 08.09.2006 - 00:58
Everyone has atleast one. As a kid, I loved the Flash. Recently I picked up the entire series on dvd and it just isn't the same. Sure I still got a little enjoyment from it now but not the same as when I was a kid. I would literally be glued to the television in ore of this but alas it doesn't have the same effect now.

On the other hand shows I watched as kid (Red Dwarf, Young Ones, Bottom) I loved but didn't really get. Rewatching these have been a treat as I can now fully interpret and comprehend what it is all about.
30.12.2006 - 17:57
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Darth Satanious on 23.09.2006 at 23:10

Written by Guest on 08.09.2006 at 19:31

How about Power Rangers? As a kid they where the total meaning of the word cool, now they are the definition of uncool.

Yeah dude, that is the one TV series that pops into my mind. The lame fights, the hollow and repetitive storyline (if you can call it as that), the low budget special effects, everything in it is so pathetic and yet I was so into these fucking series. lol Shame on us!

Haha I have to say i couldnt stand this show as a kid. Even at 9 years old it was super lame to the max!!
Few weeks ago at a friends place - after staying up all night - we turned it over and it was on one of the channels. Being so tired and a little tipsy we were making fun of them doing all the 'prepare for a fight' move where the stand legs apart and wave their arms about looking all 'material arts like' bwahaha.
Whats with when they get hit too? Does the amount of rotations you preform before hitting the ground make it less painful of something?
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.12.2006 - 06:56
Bane Reine
Account deleted
Captain Planet. That show used to be the greatest thing in existance. I'm ... not sure what happened. *tear*
12.01.2007 - 02:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
For me (well sort of) is the Muppets, I loved that show growing up, then when I turned 13 or 14 i hit that phase where "im too fucking cool for that kiddy shit", but now I really dont care anymore, I can still laugh at that show.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
16.01.2007 - 21:44
Kurzag
Account deleted
Oh, in 2nd grade my and a friend of mine always after school ran home to watch Airwolf. The TV-show with that a supersonic military helicopter. I remember we stopped watching Airwolf because whole cast was replaced, it was a huge letdown for us.

Other series I remember well:

Knight Rider
A-Team
MacGyver, this show is still running on TV here in Norway
Biker Mice from Mars
Power Rangers
Tintin
Turtles
Baywatch
27.01.2007 - 20:11
MeGaDeTh_fReAk

Written by Guest on 31.12.2006 at 06:56

Captain Planet. That show used to be the greatest thing in existance. I'm ... not sure what happened. *tear*

Captain Planet hes the hero..gna take pollution down to zero
28.01.2007 - 21:38
Empress

I had every single Batman episode on tape, all 128 of them...I actually just gave those away a short time back as I was moving and didn't want to pack tons of stuff.
28.01.2007 - 21:59
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well, I must admit I used to like Power Rangers
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
29.01.2007 - 02:17
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I just downloaded My-So-Called-Life. I used to watch that show on TV like 10 years ago with my cousin who was 17 at that time and she totally fell for it. So I watched her with her, every thursday night, not really knowing what the hell was going on, but still. And now after watching some episodes I really do find it different, I like it even more because it's about a teenage life and now I have been through that shit myself, the sneeking off to parties, endless fighting with mom why I dyed my hair and why I wear the clothes I wear, getting drunk, meetomg guys, the first kiss and the break up.... and I can see the things from the aspect Angela sees it. I love these series even though I'm not a teenager anymore and I'm going to more of a ''Sex And The City'' problems But still, it's an awesome show, not to mention how cute Jared Leto was back then
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
30.01.2007 - 02:12
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
GUMBY, I used to love this show when I was young and a couple of days ago my sister was downloading a episode and I saw it and got excited Haha. It seemed so cool and technical back then, but now ... well its still cool but less tecnical with the animation.

Ooooooh Memoriessssss :
----

Hellcunt Smurf
31.01.2007 - 20:25
MeGaDeTh_fReAk

Written by APOHAKC on 28.01.2007 at 21:59

lolz power rangers arent that bad i still love them till now...and i still watch it with my small bro whose obsessed with them,i almost got the whole collection of theyre action figures lolz
31.01.2007 - 20:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by MeGaDeTh_fReAk on 31.01.2007 at 20:25

Written by APOHAKC on 28.01.2007 at 21:59

lolz power rangers arent that bad i still love them till now...and i still watch it with my small bro whose obsessed with them,i almost got the whole collection of theyre action figures lolz

If you say so, I feeling much better now, thanx, but you know what I watched Baywatch too...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.02.2007 - 09:55
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Old Nepali telefilms, especally humoruos ones, are evergreen ones. I enjoy them still; as much as I enjoyed them as a kid. FUCK OFF to Nepali telefilms of today (except 3 ,which I like and they are comic), no good story, no good acting.
Among english teleserials, I watched batman regularly when I was 4 or 5 years old. I liked the actions, but I understood NOTHING about the story. Maybe I didn't even know english properly then.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
28.07.2007 - 00:43
Inlé

I was that "wussy weird kid" who'd never touch those "actionish" american superhero.... Things.

Animals of Farthing Wood, The Raccoons and The Bluffers all the way for me (and pretty muich anything which happened to have an evil anti-environmentalist capitalist type destroying all those lovely forests and the like... Definitely a relic of the early 90's... haha)

However I must say they stand up very well to the crap kids are subjected to now... Sorry for topic bump but talking about old school kiddy programmes always amuses!
04.08.2007 - 03:38
Oracle
Orcinus
I used to lurve Captain Planet, used to be my favourite show when i was a kid. i dont think ive seen that show in ages.
30.09.2008 - 18:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
anybody here watch old school nickelodeon/remember keenan and kel? that show was definitely one of my top 2 favorite shows growing up and whenever i watch it nowadays i think its helllllluv racist.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.10.2008 - 20:32
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Dragon Ball Z, i used to think it was the coolest thing ever but now i find it kinda... cartoonish? lol
07.10.2008 - 16:57
Genghis Kal
Account deleted
I just got the first two series of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on DVD. I remember watching it years ago and now I love it even more.
08.10.2008 - 06:04
Dark Blood
The Avenger
My devil.. someone above mentioned Captain Planet, and that reminded me.. I clearly have the song in my head but I can't see the cartoons itself..
I also remember:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Dragon Ball (in fact sometimes I still watch it )
Knight Rider
MacGuyver
Biker Mice from Mars (I loved these cartoons!! I think I still have the bike from the grey mice, with the robot arm somewhere hidden ... I had the mice too but I don't know what I did to him)
Jetman (this is the REAL Power Rangers. This is a japanese series from the 80's, imo much better than power rangers. basically if there wasn't Jetman, PR would never exist)
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
08.10.2008 - 08:12
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i still like most of the cartoons i watched as a kid...maybe im not glued at the tv as i used to be but i enjoy watching an episode once in a while...thundercats, silverhawks, astro-boy, dragon ball, teenage mutant ninja turtles, heidi, remi, ranma 1/2, sailor moon, candy candy, the smurffs, snorks, flinstones, the jetsons, saint seiya, capitan tsubasa, rainbow brite, transformers, denver the last dinosaur, the raccoons, count duckula, muppet babies, inspector gadget, the wuzzles, sandy bell, dragon quest, he-man, gummi bears, care bears, the chipmunks, chip & dale, clifford, heathcliff, g-force, woody woodpecker...lol i started with a few in my mind but as i writed i remembered alot!!...mm maybe woody woodpecker was my favorite, although it's actually hard to pick just one...i guess the thread's topic has nothing to do with my answer
...mm i think nowadays cartoons aren't as good as they used to be
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
09.10.2008 - 02:21
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Maybe just some brazillians, mexicans or any latin american will recognize this show.. El Chavo!!!! This series is transmited in Brazil for like fourty years, and still gets a lot of audience (its simply called ''Chaves'' in Brazil) I love this show.. its a silly and innocent humor, but its unique.
Don Ramón (Seu Madruga) is practically a legend in Brazil, sells lots of t-shirts and stuff
I dont watched so often, but its always good to remember..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
09.10.2008 - 05:16
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Uirapuru on 09.10.2008 at 02:21

Maybe just some brazillians, mexicans or any latin american will recognize this show.. El Chavo!!!! This series is transmited in Brazil for like fourty years, and still gets a lot of audience (its simply called ''Chaves'' in Brazil) I love this show.. its a silly and innocent humor, but its unique.
Don Ramón (Seu Madruga) is practically a legend in Brazil, sells lots of t-shirts and stuff
I dont watched so often, but its always good to remember..

...oooh yes el chavo dl 8!! chespirito's show was great...i didnt like the cartoon actually, i rather watch the old one
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
09.10.2008 - 13:07
Replicant

I find pokemon more funny now I'm way too old for it
10.10.2008 - 07:47
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Replicant on 09.10.2008 at 13:07

I find pokemon more funny now I'm way too old for it

my whole childhood was based on Pokemon ... i still enjoy watching some of the old episodes, my addiction in this series was close to dangerous
But i cant stand these new episodes, they should have stopped the anime years ago, but the success of the games its stil gigantic in Japan.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
09.02.2009 - 04:40
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Theyre bringing back Johnny Quest. hopefully on cartoon network, but now its called "the new adventures of Johnny Quest". i have a feeling its gonna be awful.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.02.2009 - 11:30
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Pretty much all the cartoons I used to watch seem childish at this point. Seinfeld has become a bit dull recently as well although I still watch it now and then. Hmm McGyver used to be great but its silly now. Power Rangers used to be fun as well and now thats gone silly too..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.02.2009 - 11:06
Sigyn
miaregine.com
Written by Himann on 09.02.2009 at 11:30

Pretty much all the cartoons I used to watch seem childish at this point. Seinfeld has become a bit dull recently as well although I still watch it now and then. Hmm McGyver used to be great but its silly now. Power Rangers used to be fun as well and now thats gone silly too..

Yeah.. MacGyver used to be so cool (when I was like 9 years old)! Now it's just embarrassing

*Funfact: I used to carry a picture of MacGyver in my wallet when I was a kid*
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
12.02.2009 - 11:19
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Sigyn on 12.02.2009 at 11:06

Yeah.. MacGyver used to be so cool (when I was like 9 years old)! Now it's just embarrassing

Another funfact: a friend of mine actually calls himself MacGyver as a nickname.. We stick to Mac.. Irony of the matter is that he's much older and more mature than the rest of us generally speaking
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.02.2009 - 11:22
Sigyn
miaregine.com
Written by Himann on 12.02.2009 at 11:19

Another funfact: a friend of mine actually calls himself MacGyver as a nickname.. We stick to Mac.. Irony of the matter is that he's much older and more mature than the rest of us generally speaking

I also know a guy who calls himself MacGyver. Maybe its the same guy? :-p

I love funfacts!
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
12.02.2009 - 11:24
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Sigyn on 12.02.2009 at 11:22

I love funfacts!

Haha sounds like there are many lunatics walking around calling themselves MacGyver lol.. My dude is from the Philipines
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
12.02.2009 - 11:41
Sigyn
miaregine.com
Written by Himann on 12.02.2009 at 11:24

Written by Sigyn on 12.02.2009 at 11:22

I love funfacts!

Haha sounds like there are many lunatics walking around calling themselves MacGyver lol.. My dude is from the Philipines

Hehe... I know! My dude is Norwegian :-p
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight