03. Waiting For Death
04. Devil May Cry
05. Clarimonda
06. My Last Sunrise
07. Miss Terror
08. Bring Me Your Blood
09. A Void In My Heart
10. Fuck You Forever

The dictionary contains a word "dynasty". Nevertheless, this Valencian power act calls themselves Cain's Dinasty. Whether it's an artistic spelling slip or are there other reasons, that's not the main topic anyway. This group's speciality are vampires and this is also reflected in their second album called Madmen, Witches And Vampires. The group's first album Legacy Of Blood caught the attention of potential audience with the cover depicting three vampire ladies making out and fondling breasts. The second album's cover art features some not sexy zombies but at least the hot breasts of the central vampire lady do adorn the cover. In fact, breasts should be featured more in album cover art. They add a lot.

Besides the breasts, the album itself also has something to offer. The entire work has been executed in decent fast power metal style with a good pace from the first track onwards until the end. The musical approach of the band can be compared to the symphonic power group Symphony X and the Danish Wuthering Heights. Those who like the works of the aforementioned groups, might find something suitable among the songs of Cain's Dinasty as well. The musicians all give a pleasant performance. The album contains numerous decent guitar passages and the the melodies are in general well written. The downside of this album is perhaps the fact that it is quite an ordinary representative of its own style and one cannot speak of much originality here. Not speaking of the vampire theme, the musical side of the album is a classical example of the given style without anything "special" to be added. There isn't unfortunately very many memorable moments there. On the other hand, one cannot say anything bad about the production nor composition nor performance which are all very good.

The album does undoubtedly have its highlights which are the first track "Breaking The Bloodlines" which introduces the relatively catchy pace of the album, "Clarimonda" with beautiful and interesting melodies, "A Void In My Heart" with more interesting melodic passages and the fast and perhaps the most memorable song "Fuck You Forever". To put it in a nutshell, this album isn't anything innovative but those who like ensembles such as Symphony X and Wuthering Heights might consider adding this into their musical collection.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 5
Production: 9

Written by Ernis | 09.02.2011

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 249 users
09.02.2011 - 21:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Dinasty is a portmanteau of "nasty" and "dinner", which is a reference to Cain's supernatural lust for Abel's flesh.

And the breasts on the album cover represent Cain's jealousy as a result of Abel being favored by God.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.02.2011 - 21:38
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.02.2011 at 21:34

Dinasty is a portmanteau of "nasty" and "dinner", which is a reference to Cain's supernatural lust for Abel's flesh.

And the breasts on the album cover represent Cain's jealousy as a result of Abel being favored by God.
wow, didn't know there's so much depth in the band's name. Should totally be in trivia section
----
loves 小巫
09.02.2011 - 21:50
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Ag Fox on 09.02.2011 at 21:38

Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.02.2011 at 21:34

wow, didn't know there's so much depth in the band's name. Should totally be in trivia section

That's not trivia - just speculation.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.02.2011 - 08:14
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I'm pretty sure the only reason this band sells anything is for the breasts. The music is pretty bland and unoriginal.
11.02.2011 - 19:26
Winterthrone

BREASTS Metal, a new genre...lol
24.02.2011 - 15:01
Destructo

Breasts Ruuuuuuule !!!

Hits total: 9018 | This month: 3