Metal Storm logo
Symfonia - Debut Album Details

Symfonia - the melodic metal super group featuring members of Stratovarius, Angra, Helloween and Sonata Arctica - will release their debut album, In Paradisum, on April 1st.

The band recently signed a worldwide distribution deal (excluding Asia) with Edel Germany GmbH, in cooperation with Hamburg based international marketing office IAM - International Artist Marketing.

Recorded and mixed in Sweden, Finland and Italy, the album In Paradisum carries the legacy of this incredible group of musicians who have written some of the most successful and exciting pages of the last 15 years of heavy metal.

For all the fans who can´t wait for the release of the album on April 1st, Symfonia will reveal their music in their music player commencing February 25th with snippets of various songs from the forthcoming album being made available every Friday.

Timo Tolkki, guitar player, and producer of the album says: "I am extremely happy about the signing with Edel Germany and IAM and taking the next step in my career. I believe we have now gathered a team that enables Symfonia to bring its music to a wider range of audience around the globe. We have worked very hard for six months for this album and we think it is a positive and powerful and yet has a fresh and melodic approach. Last time I felt like this was when I signed the first international record deal with Stratovarius back in 1991. A lot has happened ever since but the ship sails on to a new horizon with new and positive energy and we cannot wait to get In Paradisum released and take it on the road."

Symfonia will make its world premiere on February 18th, 2011 at the Finnish Metal Expo, where they will take the stage at 11pm in the evening.

More info about the band can be found over here.

Source: symfonia.fi
Band profile: Symfonia
Posted: 13.02.2011 by Kallis Helmi

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 100 users
13.02.2011 - 16:03
dragonfire1603

The cover is so freakin' cheesy but i have still hope for the music...
13.02.2011 - 16:23
PoptartDinosaur

I can't wait!
The cover isn't cheesy. Most power metal albums have an epic cover.
13.02.2011 - 18:07
Luneth
Account deleted
'but the ship sails on to a new horizon with new and positive energy' Such a cool thing to say XD
13.02.2011 - 18:58
wty789

The left one is from elements pt.1 and the other is from pt.2
our lovely Timo;D
13.02.2011 - 19:00
Byners

So excited *---*.
Well... I was expecting something really different for the cover art. Something like snowy landscape. This one surprised me and I really liked it.

Symfonia has everything it needs to be an ultra famous Melodic Metal band. I'm very looking forward to it.
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
13.02.2011 - 20:15
RavenKing

Damn it looks like the cover of a Stratovarius album. Even the same symbol appears over the name. Probably one more attempt from Tolkki to resurrect past glories that will eventually fall short in the end.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
13.02.2011 - 20:18
RavenKing

Written by Byners on 13.02.2011 at 19:00

Symfonia has everything it needs to be an ultra famous Melodic Metal band.

Yeah, the table is set for another ultra-disappointing Tolkki cheesefest.
----
13.02.2011 - 23:26
cluster53

Im looking forward to this great Stratovarius album!!!!... ah... Sorry, it's an Symfonia's album...
14.02.2011 - 00:40
mikeprado30

Written by RavenKing on 13.02.2011 at 20:15

Damn it looks like the cover of a Stratovarius album. Even the same symbol appears over the name. Probably one more attempt from Tolkki to resurrect past glories that will eventually fall short in the end.

If we take as reference the last RR album, and we think about the nice line-up (better than anyone in RR) then I believe they bring at the melodic metal lovers (include me! ) a very nice stuff (and of course for the more critic like you, my friend, another disapointing Euro-flowerish stuff, everything is in the prism which anyone uses to see the music )
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
14.02.2011 - 00:53
RavenKing

Written by mikeprado30 on 14.02.2011 at 00:40

If we take as reference the last RR album, and we think about the nice line-up (better than anyone in RR) then I believe they bring at the melodic metal lovers (include me! ) a very nice stuff (and of course for the more critic like you, my friend, another disapointing Euro-flowerish stuff, everything is in the prism which anyone uses to see the music )

I can't help but notice that you're taking only the last RR album as a reference and not the other albums. I haven't heard the last RR album but their previous albums were absolutely awful, even for Powermetal standards (especially "Age of Aquarius").
----
14.02.2011 - 01:22
mikeprado30

Written by RavenKing on 14.02.2011 at 00:53

Written by mikeprado30 on 14.02.2011 at 00:40

I can't help but notice that you're taking only the last RR album as a reference and not the other albums. I haven't heard the last RR album but their previous albums were absolutely awful, even for Powermetal standards (especially "Age of Aquarius").

I think same about the two first ones, that ones were the worst PM albums I've heard, but the last one was nice (at least for myself)
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
14.02.2011 - 01:59
Sword_Chant

Well just the first 2 seconds of some of the samples already sound better than RR...but thats about 2 songs. We'll certainly see what happens. This might just be Tolkki's last chance.
14.02.2011 - 14:18
Milena
gloom cookie
Ugh, I almost vomited from the cover.
----
7.0 means the album is good

Hits total: 3812 | This month: 7