Metal Storm logo
God Dethroned - To Disband Later This Year

2011 marks God Dethroned's final year in existence.

God Dethroned vocalist and guitarist Henri Sattler released the following statement on behalf of the band: "We could have spent another year in a tour bus because the amount of offers was endless, but I just don't feel like touring anymore. People told me to take a break for a year or maybe two, but as I'm an "all, or nothing at all" type of person, I decided to call it quits.

Not immediately, but in December of this year we will definitely play our last show. That's gonna be at the Eindhoven Metal Meeting in Holland.

I'm very proud of what we achieved with the band, but the time has come for new challenges. I would like to thank all of our fans for their support for all these years."

Source: myspace.com
Band profile: God Dethroned
Posted: 14.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 161 users
14.02.2011 - 23:09
Neuroku

I wonder if these guys will be the Friday special guest at Bloodstock then.
14.02.2011 - 23:10
MetalSpider

Damn....that sucks. These guys were pretty good!
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
14.02.2011 - 23:32
Abattoir

Well this is sudden I guess...they have released some pretty solid albums.
14.02.2011 - 23:48
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Quote:
I'm very proud of what we achieved with the band

Indeed they can be proud. They have released several solid albums, evolving musically and bringing something quite different on each full-lenght releases. Sad to see that they will disband at the end of the year.
15.02.2011 - 00:53
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Definitely a loss for me, but I'm glad Henri's taken a smart approach to the band's legacy and not releasing or touring any more than he or the band has it in them to do it fully. It'd be great to see the final set of course as I'm sure there'll be some atypical songs played
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
15.02.2011 - 01:03
RavenKing

Written by Jason W. on 15.02.2011 at 00:53

Definitely a loss for me, but I'm glad Henri's taken a smart approach to the band's legacy and not releasing or touring any more than he or the band has it in them to do it fully. It'd be great to see the final set of course as I'm sure there'll be some atypical songs played

I prefer by far when bands leave with dignity like that than when they stretch it much longer than necessary. Imo, this attitude deserves respect.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
15.02.2011 - 01:25
Vombatus
Potorro
Oh well, too bad. Didn't follow the band for a while but stuff like "Bloody Blasphemy" only brings good memories.
Farewell then
15.02.2011 - 01:37
NaturensGalleri
Account deleted
Sad news
15.02.2011 - 01:39
Kuroboshi

Too bad, their last effort was their best so far, imho.
15.02.2011 - 02:35
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Not good news, but I respect his decision if that's how he feels
----
loves 小巫
15.02.2011 - 02:59
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
As stated by one shoutbox loving MSer:

This is pants.

Or is it "the pants"?

Whatever, this sucks, but I understand the reason behind the decision. A nice little legacy they leave behind.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.02.2011 - 18:20
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
Great, 1st Cathedral and now this....
----
17.02.2011 - 06:25
Void_Eater
Account deleted
God has regained his throne... A sad day for us all...
19.02.2011 - 12:02
Illuminate

This fucking sucks... I have everything they have ever released. I'm not a death metal or black metal fan at all. But these guys were one of my favourite bands. I have every cd signed from "every one" of there members past and present... This is a depressing day now seeing this news... good luck to all the members. Hope they turn out like Adrian Van Weesenbeck's continuation did... I guess the God Has Be Throned!!
20.02.2011 - 17:04
Bizzaremifo

This is a very bad news... i never seen them live ...and it looks it stays that way forever. pure loss for me, bad news for metal world, this band is great !
20.02.2011 - 17:11
JD
Account deleted
Goodbye God Dethroned for now, but IMO they will be back together some years later.
21.02.2011 - 14:20
Night Sight

There were pretty great band!
sad to hear this
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight

Hits total: 3135 | This month: 4