04. Moonlight
05. Tapestry
06. Dunsel
07. The Reign Of Unending Terror
08. Termites
09. Tongue-Splitter
10. Sex Tapes

Additional info
Produced by Julius "Juice" Butty. Mastered by João Carvalho.

Tracking at Jukasa Studios:
Engineered by Nick Blagona.
Assistant engineers: Darren "Jeter" Magierowski and Jonny Harris.
Drum technician: Jeff Zurba.
Guitar technicians: Andy Mack and Greg Pavlica.

Tracking at Silo Recording Studio:
Engineered by Julius "Juice" Butty.
Additional editing: Marco Bressette.

Themes in Sex Tapes inspired by "Prelude in C# Minor" by Sergei Rachmaninoff.

Pre-production: Cameron McLellan and George Hadji-Christou.

Artwork by Jafar Petgar. Design and layout by Ben Goetting.

Guest review by
K✞ulu
Rating:
Protest The Hero, the band that posts the stupidest and least informative studio updates in the world and makes unbelievably good music for a third record in a row; a band that managed to set itself apart in the modern technical metal world full of highly proficient musicians repeating each other's ideas or doing nothing more than demonstrating their skill, or both. Protest The Hero could have easily become just another group of wankers and a vapid screamer switching to familiar cloying singing on choruses. But this demented Canadian quintet have been different from their very first LP Kezia followed by the brilliant Fortress, and after a three year wait, Scurrilous has set the band even further apart from the trend.

Read more ››
published 06.08.2011 | Comments (4)

Staff pick dedicated to the kind people who sent me this album for free as a little bonus item for my massive order of lysergic acid diethylamide that came in yesterday. That's what I call customer service! A++ WDBA

Thryce's picks | More picks ››

Found in 24 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 40   Visited by: 595 users
21.04.2012 - 07:07
Rating: 9
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 29.05.2011 at 19:28

I'm sorry but the voice annoys the fuck out of me. I really tried to like this stuff but meh... The music can't save everything also. I can see why people like it though but not my cup of tea

It's an accuired taste, like wine or something.

Try "The Dissitience (you know what I mean)" off of Fortress.

That's what got me into this, and I love it to bits now
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.04.2012 - 07:10
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 22.03.2011 at 05:53

I'll never cease to be amazed by people's ability to be personally offended by music, having their metal sensibilities prodded like a burning hot poker up the jacksie. Being so metal must be a chore sometimes.

Also, THIS.

It bugs me when people, who dislike a certain genre, go and down vote albums. I mean, you know you don't like "deathcore" (LOL) so why are you listening to it?
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.04.2012 - 07:16
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Boxcar Willy on 21.04.2012 at 07:10
It bugs me when people, who dislike a certain genre, go and down vote albums. I mean, you know you don't like "deathcore" (LOL) so why are you listening to it?

I think you're getting something mixed up there. I don't like a lot of music but I'll check it out.

What Joe was saying is how some people feel offended because of their "status" in the realm of metaldom.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.04.2012 - 07:19
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.04.2012 at 07:16

I think you're getting something mixed up there. I don't like a lot of music but I'll check it out.

What Joe was saying is how some people feel offended because of their "status" in the realm of metaldom.

Sorry I had two points to make.

Say I hate deathcore, and I know it.

But I willingly listen to the new Suicide Silence album just to talk smack?

but yeah, then there's the guys who are like this music's untr00 and totally not kvlt.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.04.2012 - 11:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

Well, I really tried with this stuff as like I said before, really wanted to like it.... But nah.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.04.2012 - 15:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by X-Ray Rod on 21.04.2012 at 11:21

Well, I really tried with this stuff as like I said before, really wanted to like it.... But nah.

Nah this wasn't aimed at you, it was at the people who just don't like something, so they downvote all their albums, without hearing them.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.09.2012 - 01:15
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 27.03.2011 at 19:14

3. . He is trying for a better voice than he really has.

I understand you're other points, and respect taht you just don't like it(but I still don't think it could be a one, there's hardly any music that's that offensive.) but this is just plain wrong.

He has an extrodinary vocal range, as shown in this video (follow the description)

You are free to not like him, he's certainly not an "easy" listen, but he does have a very talented voice.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.09.2012 - 18:42
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 08.09.2012 at 01:15

Written by Guest on 27.03.2011 at 19:14

3. . He is trying for a better voice than he really has.

I understand you're other points, and respect taht you just don't like it(but I still don't think it could be a one, there's hardly any music that's that offensive.) but this is just plain wrong.

He has an extrodinary vocal range, as shown in this video (follow the description)

You are free to not like him, he's certainly not an "easy" listen, but he does have a very talented voice.

I enjoy his newer stuff more than the older. He sounds like he's crying. Years of practice though do show a great improvement.
28.09.2012 - 04:33
Rating: 5
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Rupert on 30.03.2011 at 16:59

I like sandwiches.

Sandwiches suck
02.10.2014 - 00:36
Rating: 5
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I really like the first song, but after there it just goes so far downhill. For example: Tandem is one of the worst songs ever...it's just...so so bad.

Hits total: 15117 | This month: 33