‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 149  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Paladin on 19.02.2011 at 02:37
Briefly,I think it's nonsense.
Metal has holy anger . It can't combine with rap .Most rappers works for money. Power of metal can impress everyone.Metal divided to many genres that all of them have some common features .By gathering all these features it can't be combined with rap. Rap has no music , it has merely song . Metal has some instruments .

Page 2 of 2

ToMegaTherion

15.06.2011 at 04:33
Written by GoatBrewGuild on 02.06.2011 at 19:17

Written by ToMegaTherion on 02.06.2011 at 06:51

I'm not a fan of rap metal. Mainly because nothing i've heard has ever grabbed me in the same way as other genre's. I'm generally not a fan of rap music, and just because its amped up seems to make little difference to my ears.

Agreed.
The rap-metal genre actually makes me mad and angry when I listen to it. Not in the good metal way either.

I dont think id say rap-metal makes me angry... it just bores me, and i just can't wait to change the cd to something thats more along the lines of my taste.
----
- Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of man, even
when nature has long emancipated them from devine guidance (naturaliter
maiorennes), nevertheless gladly remain enslaved for life.-
Immanuel Kant
whatsacow

15.06.2011 at 07:36
Whether you like it or not is personal preference, but i do believe it has its place.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
JD
Kafir

15.06.2011 at 08:11
Written by whatsacow on 15.06.2011 at 07:36

Whether you like it or not is personal preference, but i do believe it has its place.

Agreed.
----
"The Bees Made Honey In The Lion's Skull"
GroundZero

15.06.2011 at 08:24
One of the few vocalist who does it well is Mike Patton, I mean, to mix rap and metal. Indeed Mike Patton does everything well .

Better said, Faith No More were one of the few bands who did it well.
Angelic Storm
Melodious

15.06.2011 at 13:28
Faith No More have never been rap metal. The huge success of the single "Epic" is what ensured that the label would stick with them. But looking at their whole catelogue, rap metal, or even just rap itself, only makes up a tiny bit of it. Its like saying Anthrax are a rap metal band, because they did a tiny amount of rap metal songs. The problem (or in my mind the great thing) with Faith No More, is they can't be pigeonholed into one genre, and are beyond simple labels like "rap metal".

As for what I think of rap metal as a genre... as a whole, I don't like it. I love "I'm The Man", Rage Against The Machine are great, and Korn are a very rare band who have done it well and in a unique way. But overall, it's terrible. lol
Cill O' Connor

15.06.2011 at 15:56
I like Limp Bizkit and early Linkin Park. Some people may argue they're not even metal at all but I think their early stuff fits pretty well with the rap/nu metal label.
GroundZero

15.06.2011 at 19:46
Written by Angelic Storm on 15.06.2011 at 13:28

Faith No More have never been rap metal. The huge success of the single "Epic" is what ensured that the label would stick with them. But looking at their whole catelogue, rap metal, or even just rap itself, only makes up a tiny bit of it. Its like saying Anthrax are a rap metal band, because they did a tiny amount of rap metal songs. The problem (or in my mind the great thing) with Faith No More, is they can't be pigeonholed into one genre, and are beyond simple labels like "rap metal".

Yes, I'm just talking about some songs from "The Real Thing" album. Anyway those songs belong to the rap-metal genre. Anthrax also did a good work in "Bring the Noise".

A good rap-metal band were Body Count with Ice-T.

But, to be honest, I don't like such a genre so much. I prefer metal without rap.
Lit.
The Witchfinder

16.06.2011 at 22:55
Anthrax had the right idea that Rap Metal should have been fun. I think it would be a little more appreciated if it wasn't so dark and angsty all the time.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
GrayWiZZarD
Account deleted
  15.08.2012 at 07:07
Written by whatsacow on 15.06.2011 at 07:36

+1
As long as lyrics express the emotions expressed by other metal genres i'm good with it
Mad Arab666

15.08.2012 at 20:49
I'm personally not a fan but if your into it by all means keep listening to it. Just listen to what makes you happy.
----
One does not simply rock into Blashyrkh
jackfrost138

17.08.2012 at 01:48
I think it's kind of cool when metal and HC bands present the ghetto attitude through their music, it shows that the lifestyle isn't just for rap music.
as far as bands that combine the two genres, i haven't heard much i like, it's mostly bullshit
BestMetalstormer

18.08.2012 at 05:37

I'm not a fan of rap metal. Mainly because nothing i've heard has ever grabbed me in the same way as other genre's. I'm generally not a fan of rap music, and just because its amped up seems to make little difference to my ears.

Agreed.
The rap-metal genre actually makes me mad and angry when I listen to it. Not in the good metal way either.

Exactly what to me. I listen to metal a lot by headphone, and if with big speaker, I never find any anger provocation by metal, even very calm mood induce. Though a bit very calm leads to emotional mood after I'm out of no music. Rap metal even rap makes me feel more angry and I feel like just could be why it is very good for workout.

This discussion has in opening with the link of research about music and personality which says metal fans are calm and gentle
Darkfiber

18.08.2012 at 06:04
Rap-metal is a genre? I thought it was the grotesque aborted fetus of early 2000s nu-metal.
vgmaster9

23.08.2012 at 08:15
What do you guys think of Hollywood Undead?
whatsacow

23.08.2012 at 12:52
Written by ToMegaTherion on 15.06.2011 at 04:33

Agreed.

I dont think id say rap-metal makes me angry... it just bores me, and i just can't wait to change the cd to something thats more along the lines of my taste.

Early Deftones albums have some decent rap metal stuff... their later, more progressive and experimental stuff is better.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
Cynic Metalhead
My Fucking Mitch

23.08.2012 at 13:42
Written by vgmaster9 on 23.08.2012 at 08:15

What do you guys think of Hollywood Undead?

Great.....until Deuce left the band. Is he back?
----
DragonSavior X10

28.08.2012 at 19:45
Not really my thing, but if it makes people happy, then I'm glad it exists. I don't really have much of a right to get into a "trve" tirade considering that glam metal was a gateway genre for me. Maybe rap metal is a gateway genre for others. I'd say that alone gives it a place.
Blades Storm

01.09.2012 at 14:28
Rap is crap metal is my life. I live it and play it so metal is my life.

skrog1

10.03.2013 at 03:47
I thought there were a few rap-metal things that were ok. The Judgement night soundtrack was pretty good. The song "Bring Tha Noise" by Anthrax and Public Enemy was pretty good. I can't stand Korn, Limp Bizkit (even though they're really not around anymore but still)... etc.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband
nasmith

16.03.2013 at 08:57
Written by DragonSavior X10 on 28.08.2012 at 19:45

Not really my thing, but if it makes people happy, then I'm glad it exists. I don't really have much of a right to get into a "trve" tirade considering that glam metal was a gateway genre for me. Maybe rap metal is a gateway genre for others. I'd say that alone gives it a place.

This. I think of retarded middle-class wannabe gangsters whenever I hear rap, and wannabe metalheads who only know about and care for mainstream bands when I hear rap metal. Both of those styles, despite being valid styles at heart, are seen (by myself as well as much of the metal scene) as a reminder of the bullshit of mainstream commercialized, shallow society. However to automatically assume that all bands in rap/hip-hop and nu/rap metal and fans of those bands are posers is harsh.

One of the songs that got me into metal is "Your Betrayal" by Bullet For My Valentine. I realize now that that song really isn't metal, and they really haven't been metal since (arguably) the Scream Aim Fire album (2008), but I still listen to that song every once in awhile for the nostalgia. Same with the power metal band HammerFall. Power metal, though closer to straight heavy metal, is one of the most melodic styles, and in Europe is mainstream. They're the only power metal band I listen to much (unless you count Maiden and Priest as power metal), but I got into them via the song "Last Man Standing," which isn't all that heavy compared to a lot of their stuff. Granted, I listen to them a lot more than BFMV, but still....

I say just show people who are into the mainstream bands/styles the underground stuff that's considered "more metal," because it can be their gateway to the "trve metal scene," if you want to call it that.
Deithial

16.03.2013 at 21:49
Any Mr Bungle fan will agree with this statement, (especially all of us that own Disco Valante) "Music is Music, like it or hate it, it's still music and it deserves its recognition."

As far as my own opinion some of it's not bad, just have to be in a weird enough mood to listen to it.

Then again I still have a habit of getting drunk and listening to Clint Black, I blame my Texas upbringing. But as I like to say , "As long as your beer is black the music doesn't have to be."
nasmith

17.03.2013 at 05:48
Written by Deithial on 16.03.2013 at 21:49

Any Mr Bungle fan will agree with this statement, (especially all of us that own Disco Valante) "Music is Music, like it or hate it, it's still music and it deserves its recognition."

As far as my own opinion some of it's not bad, just have to be in a weird enough mood to listen to it.

Then again I still have a habit of getting drunk and listening to Clint Black, I blame my Texas upbringing. But as I like to say , "As long as your beer is black the music doesn't have to be."

Yeah, the mood I'm in certainly decides whether I feel like going back to some rap/alt metal or metalcore. And most of the time I'm not in that mood lol

But hell, I sometimes listen to '50s and '60s music, or random songs from other styles that grew on me before I got into metal.
Jtbmetal123

27.03.2013 at 14:31
It's not as bad as pop but its close.

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.