Metal Storm logo
What's your opinion about rap-metal genre?

19.02.2011 - 02:37
Paladin
Briefly,I think it's nonsense.
Metal has holy anger . It can't combine with rap .Most rappers works for money. Power of metal can impress everyone.Metal divided to many genres that all of them have some common features .By gathering all these features it can't be combined with rap. Rap has no music , it has merely song . Metal has some instruments .
19.02.2011 - 06:29
Thunderhead
Depends.
I like the Mix Faith no more did back in the early 90's.
It was groovin', still major kicking ass.
I like too the Anthrax/Public Enemy Thing, or Motorhead/Ice-T(or ice cool, don't know what's about that ice stuff)...
But i'm not into nu-rapish metal, like limp bizkit or linkin park. Too much weird for me to handle.
----
"You may got money, and can buy anything you want. But there's a thing you will never be able to buy. It's a dinossaur!" - Homer J.Simpson
19.02.2011 - 11:59
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
I agree with Thunderhead. I cant stand Limp Bizkit and Durst acting black and all, but on the other hand I have heard some pretty insane rap-death metal stuff I liked.
19.02.2011 - 12:17
IronAngel
This probably belongs in the Alternative Metal Forum.

I don't have an opinion about the genre. Rage Against The Machine are legends, and while I've never liked them too much I'd be a fool to hate on them. Same goes for Faith No More. If you want to include Korn in this too (though there's not a lot of rapping there), their debut is the shit.
19.02.2011 - 12:52
ANGEL REAPER
Well I don't like such mixture but there was good stuff here and there in time to time...
But mostly i don't like it...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
19.02.2011 - 13:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Nonesense?
Ever heard Slayer with Ice T?
Or Bodycount?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.02.2011 - 13:34
JD
Account deleted
I like Rap-metal\Rap-core but i just know some bands Like maybe P.O.D, Limpbizkit, Rage Against The Machine, Cypress Hill...
19.02.2011 - 13:49
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
It took me a looooong time to appreciate Rage Against The Machine.
I must say, Clawfnger helped in that regard.
After that, well, there's Body Count... But only heard a few songs - yet.
Oh, and don't tell me about Limp Bizkit and shit like this. Not really rap-metal like the three bands I named before, more like some watered-down nu metal...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.02.2011 - 15:26
(((O)))
Clawfinger is pretty good.
19.02.2011 - 15:35
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.02.2011 at 11:59

I agree with Thunderhead. I cant stand Limp Bizkit and Durst acting black and all, but on the other hand I have heard some pretty insane rap-death metal stuff I liked.

Rap isn't exclusive to black people, so it's not an act, it's how they are.
19.02.2011 - 15:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Guest on 19.02.2011 at 15:35

Written by Guest on 19.02.2011 at 11:59

Exactly, that's like saying heavy metal is exclusive to white people.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.02.2011 - 16:43
marouco
The reason I started to hate anthrax...well I only like fistfull of metal, they started the creation of an infamous crossbreed that I just hate.
19.02.2011 - 18:33
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Rubbish!
19.02.2011 - 18:40
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Quote:

I think you misunderstood me, or/and maybe my choice of words wasn't really good. I never meant to say something like that. What i was trying to say is that Limp Bizkit are trying to put up a MTV fake ghetto kind of image ( which is for, the most part,used by black artists) , and that it annoys me, unlike other bands that use rap simply as a element in their sound.
19.02.2011 - 19:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well depends of band I cant think about many bands , ok Aereosmith whit Run DMC , Antrax Im a man, generaly I dont like it I never would listen full album, but sometimes it can be good, I dont remeber H Blocks, I have one album I havnt heard it since ge 17 I think name was Fly Eyes iMO nit was rep metal, but I dont remeber and beck than I like it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.02.2011 - 19:20
Luneth
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Guest on 19.02.2011 at 18:40

I think you misunderstood me, or/and maybe my choice of words wasn't really good. I never meant to say something like that. What i was trying to say is that Limp Bizkit are trying to put up a MTV fake ghetto kind of image ( which is for, the most part,used by black artists) , and that it annoys me, unlike other bands that use rap simply as a element in their sound.

Same difference really as the ghetto isn't exclusive to black people either

Either way, (now that I've had my fun dissecting terminology) I understand what you're saying, but Limp Bizkit suck because their music is shite, not because they are trying to be something they're not. That isn't the point at all.
19.02.2011 - 21:34
whatsacow
I love Rage Against the Machine, and I adore Faith No More.
But It really depends on the talent of the artist. My brother was trying to show me that song of disturbed where they're rapping, and its shit. Sane as when Deftones try to rap. Limp Bizkit may be the worst band in the world, but that's simply because they have the musical capabilities of a shoe; it has nothing to do witht their genre.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
01.03.2011 - 04:05
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
Written by Powerslavex on 19.02.2011 at 18:33

Rubbish!

Very eloquent
01.03.2011 - 17:22
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Rap Metal is "good rap" and "bad metal", so when i'm not in the mood for typical metal and in the mood for rap i might go for some rap metal.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
02.03.2011 - 05:10
Void_Eater
Account deleted
The only time I've heard rapping work in metal is the Anthrax song Blood, where Joey does a little rap about.. Blood.... During the song. Other then that, it just seems to fail. Metal is about guitar riffs more then anything; having rapping reduces the emphasis on the guitars and places them on vocals, which I don't like in my metal.
04.03.2011 - 06:39
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
Rap-metal in 2011 means
04.03.2011 - 06:56
Im indifferent, I mean its not really my thing so i dont really listen to it but I dont have a problem with anyone else listening to it. At least its better than country..
08.03.2011 - 01:21
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
Bodycount is fucking savage, but it's rare that rap metal works.
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
02.06.2011 - 06:51
ToMegaTherion
I'm not a fan of rap metal. Mainly because nothing i've heard has ever grabbed me in the same way as other genre's. I'm generally not a fan of rap music, and just because its amped up seems to make little difference to my ears.
02.06.2011 - 19:17
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by ToMegaTherion on 02.06.2011 at 06:51

I'm not a fan of rap metal. Mainly because nothing i've heard has ever grabbed me in the same way as other genre's. I'm generally not a fan of rap music, and just because its amped up seems to make little difference to my ears.

Agreed.
The rap-metal genre actually makes me mad and angry when I listen to it. Not in the good metal way either.
03.06.2011 - 10:27
Tetravirulence
Hmm havn't listened to rap-metal much
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
03.06.2011 - 11:05
Warman
Erotic Stains
Surely not a favourite of mine. But if the band knows how to do it right, I can at least listen to it.
----
03.06.2011 - 17:21
king_matt
The only rap-metal I can actually stand is Rage Against The Machine.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
04.06.2011 - 02:13
Mindheist
No Longer Human
Written by Paladin on 19.02.2011 at 02:37

Briefly,I think it's nonsense.
Metal has holy anger . It can't combine with rap .Most rappers works for money. Power of metal can impress everyone.Metal divided to many genres that all of them have some common features .By gathering all these features it can't be combined with rap. Rap has no music , it has merely song . Metal has some instruments .

Bravo ! You just broached the topic "acutely". You know, this whole rap/nu metal-whopping thing is getting really irritating, no disrespect to anyone. It's just like the fact of jumping on the Metallica bashwagon or gloryfing the "undying" Slayer's devotion to being relentlessly heavy as hell throughout their career of "metal f***ing madness", just because it's the trendy thing to do now. At first, it may seem fun but as time goes by, it gets really irksome to see metal kiddies as well as adults bashing metal, rap or whatever just because it doesn't live up or doesn't appeal to their standards. I , however,totally respect your opinion, as shockingly biased and outrageous as it may seem, but clearly you were just going with the "metal-ish" flow with this statement as it was the best way for you to dent your love for heavy music, and thus, appearing as "trve" as Shagrath's slapstick style of headbanging.I bet you just listened to a couple of rap metal bands and then snatched the first thought that came into your mind and took it as a holy book verse.I don't like rap metal either but unlike you I would never go as far as crucifying the genre itself. Exactly, who the hell am I to do so?
05.06.2011 - 05:36
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by king_matt on 03.06.2011 at 17:21

The only rap-metal I can actually stand is Rage Against The Machine.

Rage is great. I saw them during a protest in Washington DC back in the day.