Metal Storm logo
Turisas - New Song Online

"The Great Escape", a brand-new track from Finnish battle metal warriors Turisas, has been made available for streaming, exclusively at Decibel Magazine.

The title track off the band's highly anticipated new album is still available as a free download at this location.

"The Great Escape" comes off the band's upcoming new album Stand Up And Fight, which will be released at the end of February in Europe and on March 8th in North America through Century Media Records. More album details were previously reported over here.

Source: decibelmagazine.com
Band profile: Turisas
Posted: 19.02.2011 by Justicelust

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 130 users
19.02.2011 - 18:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well...not their best song tbh...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.02.2011 - 19:00
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Why dont they just release the album already!?!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
19.02.2011 - 19:06
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Wtf. that intro riff is terrible. if it was heavyier it mite sound cool, but im not really feelin it. other than that riff the song is pretty fucking damn good. real fucking damn good.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
19.02.2011 - 21:25
jadawal

Fuck "connecting" with facebook or twitter, it scans all your information for market research, not even going to hear the song for that reason
19.02.2011 - 22:28
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Shit! exactly what I expected :S trying to be epic in a commercial way well let's just hope the rest of the album is better....much better
19.02.2011 - 23:02
worm_is_gloaming

WHERE have they stolen that "epic mid-song riff" from?!

I know I heard it before, but can't place it... it's from the soundtrack to some epic old movie, except it sounded more melancholy in its original ancestral form.

Anyone remember?
20.02.2011 - 00:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Now when you say that i have the same feeling...but also dont know what should it be

anyway now i have noticed band's new promo photos and...they suck too...being little bit afraid about this band's future...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.02.2011 - 15:28
Metalmorphosis

I like this epicness and I think Turisas will release the album of the year for me.
20.02.2011 - 17:36
schwanderen

Written by Guest on 19.02.2011 at 22:28

Shit! exactly what I expected :S trying to be epic in a commercial way well let's just hope the rest of the album is better....much better

Written by Metalmorphosis on 20.02.2011 at 15:28

I like this epicness and I think Turisas will release the album of the year for me.

Nice comment. Turisas is one of the few bands with roots in the metal genre thats totally unique. They have this kind of "musical" approach to their works, and seems as though they taken the step fully out with this release. It's so refreshing, bold and original that people who've never been in the studio or tried to write a song apparently can't handle it. Seriously people, your intitled to your oppinion, but this isn't just your run of the mill musicianship going on here. So it's easy (way too easy) too just throw a comment like "lets hope it's better... Much better", but this album has been in the work for 3 years, and you can bet your ass i would be pissed if someone denoted my track in that sort of manner after the effort thats been put in it.

Hits total: 2308 | This month: 3