Metal Storm logo
Hammerfall - New Album Finished

After several months of recordings in Göteborg, Sweden and Nashville, TN, Sweden's most successful heavy metal band HammerFall has finished recording the new album.

Guitarist Oscar Dronjak had the following to say: "That's it, the album recording is finally finished, over, done with! We had an absolute blast throughout this whole experience, and working with James Michael (Mötley Crüe, Sixx: A.M., Scorpions, Meat Loaf, Hillary Duff) was an incredible experience!

The goal was to have a lot of laughs while creating the strongest Hammerfall record to date, and I'd say we succeeded beyond even our own high expectations! It feels great to know that being in this band for fifteen years can feel this invigorating! We're super, super happy with the outcome, and I am sure our fans will be as well. It's going to be Hammerfall like you've never heard before, yet you will recognize the distinct qualities that makes us what and who we are. If Reinventing The Steel hadn't already been used, it would be the perfect title for this album!"

The as-yet-untitled new record is slated for a May 20th release in Europe through Nuclear Blast Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: HammerFall
Posted: 19.02.2011 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 164 users
19.02.2011 - 19:19
Yojimbo
Count me in. I'm excited
19.02.2011 - 19:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
"The goal was to have a lot of laughs while creating the strongest Hammerfall record to date, and I'd say we succeeded beyond even our own high expectations"

what a load of fucking bullshit. it's quite possible this one will suck even more than the last one.
19.02.2011 - 19:46
Kenos
Account deleted
YES tHiS iS gOnNa bE dA BeSt aBlUm wE EVA MADE!!1!1!1!!!!11
19.02.2011 - 20:19
ockletters
Hillary duff hmmmm
19.02.2011 - 20:52
Danyael
Well, lets just wait and see how this turns out... I didn't really like their latest releases, but who knows... i don't expect much tho.
19.02.2011 - 21:06
JÄY
Metal slave
These guys make great songs, but pretty bad albums......i feel like if you took any two releases and extracted the the good songs, you could get a great album!
19.02.2011 - 21:26
RavenKing
Written by Valentin B on 19.02.2011 at 19:42

"The goal was to have a lot of laughs while creating the strongest Hammerfall record to date, and I'd say we succeeded beyond even our own high expectations"

what a load of fucking bullshit. it's quite possible this one will suck even more than the last one.

That's exactly what I expect.
Anyway, when a band begins an announcement by saying "Sweden's most successful heavy metal band Hammerfall has finished recording the new album", it tells a lot about the credibility of what they will tell after.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
19.02.2011 - 23:23
Sasha Batrakov
Account deleted
Haha Hillary Duff
19.02.2011 - 23:38
RavenKing
Written by Guest on 19.02.2011 at 23:23

Haha Hillary Duff

I can imagine her in much better places than behind a mic. And singing a different kind of song.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
20.02.2011 - 03:20
mikeprado30
Written by RavenKing on 19.02.2011 at 21:26

Written by Valentin B on 19.02.2011 at 19:42

That's exactly what I expect.
Anyway, when a band begins an announcement by saying "Sweden's most successful heavy metal band Hammerfall has finished recording the new album", it tells a lot about the credibility of what they will tell after.

In spanish that is called "efecto auto-bombo" ("auto-bass-drum" effect). Lack of humility and true love to the art... Even when I love HammerFall music, I dislike when a band speaks this way. Thankfully there are still around bands like BG that just brings us without foolish blabbery their excellent music
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
20.02.2011 - 05:06
Danyael
Written by mikeprado30 on 20.02.2011 at 03:20

Even when I love HammerFall music, I dislike when a band speaks this way.

I doubt its really the band itself that speaks like that... It's more likely more of a marketing thing. Filling up peoples heads with what some marketing duchebag thinks we would like to hear. One way or another, its all comes down to money, be it metal or pop. Which is sad.

Hits total: 4406 | This month: 7