Metal Storm logo
Our new generation of "Metal Heads"

Original post

Posted by BrokenKnuckles, 21.02.2011 - 15:05
I havent been to a concert in a few years. I went last night to see Whitechapel and I couldnt help but notice all the preteen kids that are at the show. Non of them are paying attention to the bands. They all look like gothic Justin Beibers, way too much makeup, jewerly, drinking Monster enery drinks like its the coolest thing ever. When I was under 21 going to shows I went to see the fucking band and drink WATER because I was rocking in the pit. Anyone else notice this chain of mutants?
21.06.2011 - 16:58
fabregassed
Account deleted
Written by Angelic Storm on 21.06.2011 at 16:36

I do have a lot of metal shirts, but I also have a few non-metal shirts and tops that I wear regularly. I dont have the metal shirts "to be metal", I just like them, simple as that.

I just wear what I feel like, and sometimes that will mean wearing all black and a metal shirt, and other times I'll be more colourful and wear nothing associated with metal.

I can't even remember that last time I wore a band t shirt. But thats mainly because 1. They keep getting these mysterious white marks and 2. Because everytime I wash them, they shrink and become extremely tight.
21.06.2011 - 17:26
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Guest on 21.06.2011 at 16:58
I can't even remember that last time I wore a band t shirt. But thats mainly because 1. They keep getting these mysterious white marks and 2. Because everytime I wash them, they shrink and become extremely tight.

There's some rules of thumb when washing band shirts. 1: Always wash them inside out. 2: Never spin dry them. 3: You need to stretch the shirt back out to its original length while its still wet. If you leave it to dry without doing this, it might shrink. 4: Never leave them to dry in front of any kind of heater, as this also gives a chance of shrinking the shirt.

If you follow those steps, you should be able to keep your band shirts in good condition for longer.
21.06.2011 - 17:57
Cuca Beludo
Account deleted
This all is simple!
I remembered one thing now. I was in an forum about BATHORY. Then one guy said that he downloaded the debut album and noticed it have an annoying background sound, and asked if it was right. Result: An fight was started in the forum, and another guy that was underground in the past said that that other guy isn't even metaller from Youtube, saying he never brought an Demo, never brought an CD and never even see one booklet with the own eyes. All that he do was download MP3 and barely listen to it.
Well, we have here two guys born in differents ages and with totally different traditions. Underground is gone. Tape trading is gone and buy CD's is one thing that a few peoples born in these ages do. And there's nothing we can do. The times change, and one day peoples will not download more MP3 and buy shirts, because it will all change and MP3 will be an thing too "primitive".

And if it goes on, maybe even metal will be gone... pray not to happen...
20.07.2011 - 09:14
Plague

Yeah, I'd say that theres an "old school" metal and a new school. Old schoolers would be wearing denim and leather and have long hair and listen to 'Tallica & Slayer; new schoolers would be wearing black t-shirts or hoodies and have beiber haircuts while listening to Bullet for My Valentine and ADTR. Not right or wrong...just....different.
----
Darkness is part of your nature...embrace it and emancipate your evil wickedness!
Infernal soldiers demonized,
Fucked up angels sodomized,
Face of the earth dechristianized
The universe...SATANIZED!
20.07.2011 - 18:43
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by Plague on 20.07.2011 at 09:14

Yeah, I'd say that theres an "old school" metal and a new school. Old schoolers would be wearing denim and leather and have long hair and listen to 'Tallica & Slayer; new schoolers would be wearing black t-shirts or hoodies and have beiber haircuts while listening to Bullet for My Valentine and ADTR. Not right or wrong...just....different.

That is even a pretty narrow look at it. You still have the death/black type of guys who wear whatever with a band shirt.
20.07.2011 - 20:35
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
I have no problem with Newer Metalheads. Metalcore, Deathcore, and what not. By all technicality, they're still a type of Metal.
So's long as they don't feel the urge to point out that the bands that people like myself listen to are "old" and "past their time," while theirs is "hip" and "Br00tal."
I think the only problem I had with a New-schooler was when I made a book report (or something of that sort) on The Stand for school. I made a little video montage using Anthrax's Among The Living as BG music. Afterwards, when we left I overheard the NS say that the song was "Almost as crazy as Job for a Cowboy." I was VERY tempted to chew him out for that, but decided against it. Didn't see a good reason to.
21.07.2011 - 05:54
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I hate the people who put you down for listening to X Genre of metal. You listen to what you listen to, nuff said.