Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - Special Performance With Orchestra And Choir Announced

Symphonic black metal band Dimmu Borgir will be performing one very exclusive show with a special, never-to-be-repeated set list with 53 members of Kork (the Norwegian Radio Orchestra) and 30 members of the Schola Cantorum Choir, who were musical guests on the Billboard-charting ninth studio album, Abrahadabra.

For fans of Dimmu's Wagnerian-inspired majesty, Saturday, May 28, 2011 at the Oslo Spektrum in Norway promises to be a momentous once-in-a-lifetime experience, as this is the band's only confirmed worldwide appearance throughout the summer.

Dimmu Borgir guitarist Silenoz states: "It is with great pride and a sense of fulfillment that we can finally announce this event as yet another ambition becomes reality!" Adds vocalist Shagrath: "Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen. Dimmu Borgir makes it happen. The circle will now be complete."

Tickets go on sale on Monday, February 21st for 570 Norwegian kroner. Only 150 V.I.P. tickets (1,500 Norwegian kroner each) will be available, which will include a Meet & Greet with the band one hour before doors, free tapas & beer, and a view of the entire performance from a special riser. Doors are at 6:30 pm. Showtime is 8 pm.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Event: Dimmu Borgir & Norwegian Radio Orchestra And Choir
Posted: 21.02.2011 by __SpOO__

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 37   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 370 users
21.02.2011 - 19:19
Windrider
Raureif
Quote:
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen. Dimmu Borgir makes it happen.

Hahahaha just laughed my ass off, this is the oldest and cheapest advertising slogan ever! Makes me somehow think of fastfood companies like Shagrath serving demon Burgers at McDonalds lol.
And well I think this is one of the most sellout phrases ever said in metal history
But a nice idea too...
21.02.2011 - 19:20
.Nemesis.

I wish I could be there... but I cant.
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
21.02.2011 - 19:56
@gent_-_orange

This will be expensive.
21.02.2011 - 20:03
ANGEL REAPER

Metallica anyone?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
21.02.2011 - 20:04
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Quote:
Makes me somehow think of fastfood companies like Shagrath serving demon Burgers at McDonalds lol.

Metalocalypse - Dimmu Burger
21.02.2011 - 20:09
arj

Interesting
21.02.2011 - 20:16
Vegard R

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.02.2011 at 20:03

Metallica anyone?

The difference between what Metallica did and this, is that Dimmu Borgir have symphonic elements on their studio albums, so they have a good reason for doing this. Metallica hadn't.
21.02.2011 - 20:30
ANGEL REAPER

Written by Vegard R on 21.02.2011 at 20:16

Metallica anyone?

The difference between what Metallica did and this, is that Dimmu Borgir have symphonic elements on their studio albums, so they have a good reason for doing this. Metallica hadn't.

I didnt liked Metallica's thing, nor this new Dimmu sound so I dont care honestly ....
And btw when you fire keyboard player you must somehow to compensate ...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
21.02.2011 - 21:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I'm not falling for this early April Fool's joke.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.02.2011 - 21:19
Vegard R

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 21.02.2011 at 20:30

Written by Vegard R on 21.02.2011 at 20:16

Metallica anyone?

I didnt liked Metallica's thing, nor this new Dimmu sound so I dont care honestly ....
And btw when you fire keyboard player you must somehow to compensate ...

Yeah, I guess..! And, I doesn't really care for Dimmu Borgir or what Metallica did either..!
21.02.2011 - 21:19
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 21.02.2011 at 21:16

Written by Troy Killjoy on 21.02.2011 at 21:10

I'm not falling for this early April Fool's joke.

You know, Abrahadabra is full of orchestral arrangements.

I know, and Abrahadabra is awful.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.02.2011 - 21:39
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Brilliant.
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
21.02.2011 - 21:52
Cyroth

I for one want to hear this
----
21.02.2011 - 22:30
flamesoficarus

Im sure this will turn up on a dvd by the end of the year
21.02.2011 - 22:52
Jiri

Hopefully Shagrath and Silenoz have slimmed down for this special performance. They don't want to make fools of themselves like they did in their latest DVD, looking like black metal war elephants and all. It sucks that they fired fellow fatass, Vortex because he really fit in with the current look of the band. Though, their new drummer is also a load and a half. It is really just Galder who = thin.
22.02.2011 - 00:29
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Quite interesting. Would be nice to see a DVD out of this.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
22.02.2011 - 00:38
DoomGuard

So tr00
22.02.2011 - 00:40
RavenKing

Written by Windrider on 21.02.2011 at 19:19

Quote:
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen. Dimmu Borgir makes it happen.

Hahahaha just laughed my ass off, this is the oldest and cheapest advertising slogan ever! Makes me somehow think of fastfood companies like Shagrath serving demon Burgers at McDonalds lol.
And well I think this is one of the most sellout phrases ever said in metal history

And they even add a cliché sentence just after, "The circle will now be complete", which is almost word for word a famous quote from Darth Vader when he's about to face Obi-Wan Kenobi on the Death Star.

Anyway, Dimmu Borgir is the perfect example of fast-food metal, so talking about burgers and McDonalds is pertinent here.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
22.02.2011 - 00:49
RavenKing

Written by Jiri on 21.02.2011 at 22:52

Hopefully Shagrath and Silenoz have slimmed down for this special performance. They don't want to make fools of themselves like they did in their latest DVD, looking like black metal war elephants and all. It sucks that they fired fellow fatass, Vortex because he really fit in with the current look of the band. Though, their new drummer is also a load and a half. It is really just Galder who = thin.

As much as I like Immortal and dislike Dimmu Borgir, I think Abbath and Horgh are even bigger. Though Abbath is less big on "The Seventh Date Of Blashyrkh" than he was when Immortal released "Sons Of Northern Darkness". He was damn big at that time.
----
22.02.2011 - 01:08
corrupt
With a lowercase c
Hm. I might actually attend this. I have a good friend in Oslo. But 75? is a statement. And even then I haven't flown anywhere with that. I will meditate on this.
----
22.02.2011 - 01:14
RavenKing

One question: How can it be "the band's only confirmed worldwide appearance throughout the summer" if it's the ONLY show. I mean, how can it be worldwide?
----
22.02.2011 - 03:22
Symmachus

This certainly reminds me of Dethklok, as others alluded to in several posts above.
22.02.2011 - 03:27
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I'd be down to see this. If i lived in Norway and had 1500 Kroner to throw around.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
22.02.2011 - 07:03
Rozz

My mates allready got tickets to see this
22.02.2011 - 13:08
Irinel

Written by .Nemesis. on 21.02.2011 at 19:20

stop doing that ...you're hurting yourself
22.02.2011 - 13:08
Irinel

Written by .Nemesis. on 21.02.2011 at 19:20

stop doing that ...you're hurting yourself
22.02.2011 - 16:53
Tranquillizer
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 22.02.2011 at 01:14

One question: How can it be "the band's only confirmed worldwide appearance throughout the summer" if it's the ONLY show. I mean, how can it be worldwide?

Well pointed out. Unless they plan to be the first band to tour the solar system, so this would be their only show on EARTH this summer.
22.02.2011 - 23:41
Midnight Walker

I think they mean to say that it's their only performance anywhere in the world this summer.
----
23.02.2011 - 01:29
RavenKing

Written by Midnight Walker on 22.02.2011 at 23:41

I think they mean to say that it's their only performance anywhere in the world this summer.

Then a few english lessons wouldn't hurt. I'm not even a native and I instantly noticed the sentence is flawed.
----
23.02.2011 - 04:33
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Wish i could go so bad!! this sounds so epic! i dont kno why everyone is hating im all about pushing metals boundaries and mixing the genre with different ideas. one of my dreams is to create a a Symphonic/Melodic Death Metal Opera and perform it with orchestration in a Opera Hall. haha kinda ridiculous but i think it would be pretty cool to combine Metal and Opera. Kinda like Nightwish's cover of Phantom of the Opera but stepped up into a full-blown 2 hour production.
----
pewpew.. gotcha

Hits total: 6202 | This month: 19