13. Beyond Desert Sands
14. To India's Shores [Limited Digipack bonus]
15. Lament (Interlude)
16. My Legacy

Additional info
The limited digipak edition contains 2 bonus tracks:

11. Youngest of Widows (04:08)
14. To India's Shores (04:34)

Asian/Japan edition contain besides the 2 bonus tracks the following and exclusive bonus track:

17. Guiding Light (Re-Recorded) (07:07)

Music & lyrics by Thomas Buchberger, Mario Hirzinger & Georg Neuhauser
Below Eastern Skies" written and performed by Lanvall (published by Copyright Control)

Produced by Oliver Philipps, Jan Vacik, Thomas Buchberger & Georg Neuhauser
Drum recordings by Jan Vacik at Dreamsound Studios
Choir arrangements and recordings by Lanvall at Farpoint Station Studios
Lead vocal recordings by Oliver Philips at Olibär's Bastelecke and Lanvall at Farpoint Station Studios
Guitar & bass recordings, drum editing, additional editing & preproduction by Thomas Buchberger at SERENITY HEADQUARTERS

Orchestration and additional keyboards/pianos by Oliver Philipps
All backing vocals & choirs performed by Georg Neuhauser
All bass guitars performed by Thomas Buchberger

Female vocals on "The Chevalier" & "Prayer" by Ailyn from SIRENIA, appears courtesy of Nuclear Blast Records, recorded by Jan Vacik at Dreamsound Studios (www.dreamsound-studios.de)

Female vocals on "Changing Fate" by Amanda Somerville (AVANTASIA, EPICA, KISKE), recorded by Amanda Somerville at Eternia Studios

Female vocals on "Serenade of Flames" by Charlotte Wessels from DELAIN, appears courtesy of Roadrunner Records, recorded by Oliver Philipps at Olibär's Bastelecke

"Lament" translated by Domenica Barbaro, performed by Fabio D'Amore, recorded by Fabio D'Amore at Artesonika Studios

Mix and mastering by Jan Vacik at Dreamsound Studio
Special thanx to Dejan Djukovic and Florian Albert

All photos & artworks by Stefan Heilemann, (www.heilemania.de) based on a concept by Thomas Buchberger & Georg Neuhauser
Cover artwork model Arthemis Maskenbild
Additional photos (www.shutterstock.com),
(www.4mengroup.com)

Found in 13 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 312 users
24.02.2011 - 13:50
Rating: 8
rasto

Super album,vote 9
25.02.2011 - 22:08
Rating: 10
Fred

It's a shame the album has such a low voting.
It deserves no less than 8 to 8.5 that's why my 10 is due to lift it up.
I've never heard of this band before. This album has totally amazed me.
----
Fred
26.02.2011 - 00:43
Luneth
Account deleted
Quite disappointing. Removal of their bassist makes this pretty standard symphonic/power metal. Guitars are incredibly boring, dull riffs, uninspired solo's and just general heavy progressions. Vocals are good as always, but I do feel that the vocalist is lost on this band, very epic vocals, was thinking of Heri Joensen while listening to 'New Horizons'. Overall, I don't think this album deserves anything above an 8, not as good as Fallen Sanctuary.
26.02.2011 - 08:23
renai

The cover looks great alone
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
28.02.2011 - 14:13
Enissa

Very good album, it definitly deserves more than this rating...
02.03.2011 - 02:14
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
This is quite bad i'm afraid. I love their first record, the second was a fine sequel, but this is pure shit.
All too symphonic, drowned in cheesy keys, the vocal are awful, the cover reminds me of something taken from WOW.
But the biggest problem is the adoration these guys have with Kamelot. In the first album, and also in FS, the were able to hide this influence with great choruses and guitar riffs, but here they just don't try to hide it anymore.
"Hey, we are Serenity, and our most beloved band is Kamelot".
Man, look at those track titles and go check Kamelot's tracklists: there's the "desert" song, the "arabia" song, the "lament" song, the "serenade" song....ffffuuuuuuuuu ahahahah
The guests in the record don't add anything but good looks of pretty girls, and the video for The Chevalier is the worst thing i've ever seen in metal, not even Bewitched and The Call of the Wintermoon are this bad.
Sorry, i used to love these guys in the first record but Death & Legacy is just BAD.
04.03.2011 - 00:56
Rating: 9
Constantine

Written by Guest on 02.03.2011 at 02:14

This is quite bad i'm afraid. I love their first record, the second was a fine sequel, but this is pure shit.
All too symphonic, drowned in cheesy keys, the vocal are awful, the cover reminds me of something taken from WOW.
But the biggest problem is the adoration these guys have with Kamelot. In the first album, and also in FS, the were able to hide this influence with great choruses and guitar riffs, but here they just don't try to hide it anymore.
"Hey, we are Serenity, and our most beloved band is Kamelot".
Man, look at those track titles and go check Kamelot's tracklists: there's the "desert" song, the "arabia" song, the "lament" song, the "serenade" song....ffffuuuuuuuuu ahahahah
The guests in the record don't add anything but good looks of pretty girls, and the video for The Chevalier is the worst thing i've ever seen in metal, not even Bewitched and The Call of the Wintermoon are this bad.
Sorry, i used to love these guys in the first record but Death & Legacy is just BAD.

At first, who gives a f*ck about their fascination with Kamelot. Maybe only you.
Second, some people just don't recognize good music, when they hear it and they stick with their biases along the listening. And I'm afraid it's your case. This album isn't BAD. It's actually pretty good. And your fine observations about The Chevalier are just ridiculous, go puke somewhere else dude.
04.03.2011 - 01:12
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Wow! Are you mad fanboy? Take another Death & Legacy dose, it will sure calm you down...:lol:
04.03.2011 - 02:23
Rating: 7
R'Vannith
ghedengi
The theme for the album is admirable to say the least...
04.03.2011 - 17:47
Rating: 9
Constantine

Written by Guest on 04.03.2011 at 01:12

Wow! Are you mad fanboy? Take another Death & Legacy dose, it will sure calm you down...:lol:

Not a mad fanboy, just tired of reading such a long sh*t you wrote about something you obviously don't like.
16.03.2011 - 01:39
mitch3043

Listening to the album now as I type this message. Just bought (downloaded) my copy today and must say I cannot stop listening to it. Yes, it is different from the other albums in many ways, but I for one applaud any band, musician, performer, willing to stretch his/her/their boundaries while staying true to their roots - which is what I believe the band has done here. Excellent album in my opinion. The best ever? No... the Bay City Rollers will always claim that title............... KIDDING! Seriously, I do not find this disappointing at all. I if I want to hear the same thing from the band I'll listen to their previous recordings. This band is too good to sit on it's laurels and not progress and try new and varied themes. Besides.... whoever would have thought that a metal album would be a great history lesson at the same time! I think its fun trying to figure out which historical figure is being references in each song. Some are obvious, some not and that makes the album all the more intriguing!
24.03.2011 - 23:32
Bubble

It's a good one! is faster than "Fallen Sanctuary" - a full 8 from me!
13.07.2011 - 17:18
Rating: 6
Eruntano

Written by Constantine on 04.03.2011 at 17:47

Written by Guest on 04.03.2011 at 01:12

Not a mad fanboy, just tired of reading such a long sh*t you wrote about something you obviously don't like.

Don't be so oversensitive to critics, it's childish.
20.07.2011 - 15:05
Rating: 6
SceneryOfLoss

Much weaker than the previous albums.
13.01.2021 - 18:47
Mountain King
K i K o
Everything about this album reminds me of the Fourth Legacy and Karma era of Kamelot (1999 - 2001), even the purple color on the album cover and the art which is actually a good thing for me. The music is similar at times, but with a more modern touch and more female vocals incorporated, mainly in the mid tempo and slower songs. Could be my 3rd or 4th favorite Serenity album (tied with Lionheart).

Hits total: 16370 | This month: 26