Metal Storm logo
Scar Symmetry - Album Artwork Revealed

Swedish progressive melodic death metal band Scar Symmetry just revealed the cover artwork for the band's upcoming album The Unseen Empire.

The Unseen Empire will be released on April 15th through Nuclear Blast Records.

Commented drummer Henrik Ohlsson: "The Unseen Empire seeks to expose the hidden hand of the elite that pull the strings of mankind in order to fullfill their agenda of global domination. The album concept goes from theories of shadow governments to secret ancient bloodlines and even further into speculations of malevolent influence from metaphysical reptilian-based intelligences. Mankind's only hope to survive seems to be an internal awakening where the influence of the the unseen empire that rules in secrecy is washed away from the minds of the masses. They want us to stay within the framework of their agenda, hypnotizing us with things that draw attention but has no value. It's time to step outside the framework and make The Unseen Empire visible!"

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Scar Symmetry
Posted: 26.02.2011 by Bigpaul

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 169 users
26.02.2011 - 04:02
The Voyager
The Table
Huh. I had absolutely no idea about a new Scar Symmetry album. Cool beans. On my birthday, too.
26.02.2011 - 04:02
Kuroboshi

I'm carefully optimistic.. Hopefully the new singers have grown into their outfit even more.
The last one was not bad by any means, but it was just to average to be a Scar Symmetry album. After that, I wonder if it's ok to label them progressive melodic death metal...
26.02.2011 - 04:17
Kennoth

I concur with the user above me. Actually, there was a lot of progressive elements enough to call them like that too, but it was not nearly as brilliant and outstanding as the first three releases. Also seems they were focusing a bit more on heavy part of the music, and less on melodic part of it.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
26.02.2011 - 04:26
Adus11

Kinda disappointed with the cover. Not that there's anything wrong with it really. Just they've had some pretty awesome ones in the past. Agree with the other posts that I'm hoping the album will be ab it better than the last.
26.02.2011 - 04:30
SexyCat_1113

。。。。。。。this artwork is so disappointed。。。。。。
26.02.2011 - 04:32
Timmeh
Dudeman
The artwork seems a little bland. It will be interesting to see how the new vocalists go the 2nd time round.
26.02.2011 - 04:51
elseif

Interesting!
26.02.2011 - 04:57
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Wow, art work is rubbish indeed!
----
loves 小巫
26.02.2011 - 05:14
kurokamen

Yeah art is really different... I'll dare to hope it will be better than Dark M... Please... Return...
26.02.2011 - 05:56
Locke
Account deleted
Already? That seemed fast. Last album was good, but nothing compared to Alvestam's work. Album concept sounds like tinfoil hat bullshit but so long as the music still delivers I don't care.
26.02.2011 - 06:16
Destructo

Disappointing work considering it's from Scar Symmetry who generally produce excellent artwork. But anyway, let's hope the music is good.
26.02.2011 - 06:36
MechanisT
Account deleted
The worst artwork of SS by a long mile...like a bland coat-of-arms artwork worthy of a power/folk metal cover....all hope has gone down in the drain...
26.02.2011 - 06:37
INÆRIS

I'm going to get this record for the magnificent guitar work that they always deliver. We'll see how this one compares.
----
Still Life, Still Death
26.02.2011 - 08:22
Necrodamus

They've done better on the artwork before, just hope the music's just as good...
26.02.2011 - 11:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Weird image...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

26.02.2011 - 13:50
neonxaos

Hmm, doesn't do much for me, but who cares? I liked the direction of the last album, but not the vocalists. I'm excited to hear how they have progressed.
27.02.2011 - 02:10
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Haha, even their artwork is terrible now... this band is going no where anymore...
27.02.2011 - 08:56
Joey Filth

I had no idea that they were releasing a new album. But new Scar Symmetry is always a nice thing. Hope it blows Dark Matter Dimensions out of the water though. That album wasn't bad, just a little weak.
03.03.2011 - 19:28
Darth Mitchell
Mitchell
Written by Guest on 26.02.2011 at 05:29

Two-headed Eagle? AEK fans?

Their worst cover artwork for sure.

Indeed. SID, PBP and HU hava a awesome Sc-Fi Style. The album after that (I don't even know the title of it because the album was so bad) had a OK cover. But this?... This looks like something some second rate rockband would make... :S
21.04.2011 - 20:08
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.02.2011 at 06:36

all hope has gone down in the drain...

You suck.

Hits total: 4543 | This month: 11