Metal Storm logo
Adios, Metalstorm

28.02.2011 - 20:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I just wanted to say that i am totally disgusted with new MS layout and i am leaving this site, because i am not going to learn how to orientate in this "cool new" design...

you are definitely going to attract loads of stupid teens fascinated with this "trendy" look alike, but this doesnt work for me...so many hours must have been wasted on creating...this...sigh

farewell somewhere else where things are still normal
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.02.2011 - 20:48
Bas
Retired Staff
Lol
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.02.2011 - 20:59
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I know very well that nobody is really interested in me, and i know very well this is "childish"...yet, this is the most "serious" thing i can do about this, so i am doing it

post number 7025, my last one here...Ellrohir (20. 5.2007 - 28. 2.2011)...RIP

And woods of nightshade morrowless
Elven-wise dance with me...
Cold be hand, heart and bone
And cold be my sleep under stone
Never more I'll wake on a snowy bed
Never - 'til the sun fails and the moon is dead
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.02.2011 - 21:02
Bas
Retired Staff
It's so incredibly sad to lose you. I will cry for you.
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
28.02.2011 - 21:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 28.02.2011 at 20:59

I know very well that nobody is really interested in me, and i know very well this is "childish"...yet, this is the most "serious" thing i can do about this, so i am doing it

I will miss you here, but 100% understand , one good tread who's unactive be more dead now ;(
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.02.2011 - 23:58
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Bas on 28.02.2011 at 21:02

you dont need to be ironic. probably the guy overreacted, but he had a reason to do it. and the reason has started because of the website and didnt come out of his fantasy. so at least so understandment and dont be ironic.
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.03.2011 - 00:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Deadmeat on 28.02.2011 at 23:58

you dont need to be ironic. probably the guy overreacted, but he had a reason to do it. and the reason has started because of the website and didnt come out of his fantasy. so at least so understandment and dont be ironic.

For some ppl this vebside is home, means more how gf, wife, whatever, for some who has no life this site is like home, reaosn to live , some are ready to die for this site so , I 100% understand how he feels and besides many members left after Msv3 arived(even I dont know why they did ) ,
----

apos;'
[image]
01.03.2011 - 00:02
Lucas
Mr. Noise

We do understand that this sort of changes may provoke a response, but don't you agree this is a bit much? He actually insulted us Staff as a whole, as if we ganged up on him and threw his bike in the the river.

We are glad to see that people actually care about the changes we apply because it shows they have heart for the website, but it would be better if (certain) people would just spend an hour or so getting used to the new design instead of telling us to 'go fuck ourselves' within two minutes of the new designs launch.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
01.03.2011 - 00:26
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Lucas on 01.03.2011 at 00:02

We do understand that this sort of changes may provoke a response, but don't you agree this is a bit much? He actually insulted us Staff as a whole, as if we ganged up on him and threw his bike in the the river.

We are glad to see that people actually care about the changes we apply because it shows they have heart for the website, but it would be better if (certain) people would just spend an hour or so getting used to the new design instead of telling us to 'go fuck ourselves' within two minutes of the new designs launch.

it's just a website mate. EVERYBODY can get used to it. even someone who hates it at first. but the point is to get used to it or to find it more enjoyable and easy to use? cause for the last 2 i am not that sure that they'll happen...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
01.03.2011 - 00:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
If a change to a website hits anyone this hard, i'm glad i am nowhere near them when "real life" throws one if it's curve ball changes their way. i shudder to think the response to a real problem.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.03.2011 - 00:44
IronAngel

Voting with your feet is cooler than years of whining and embitterment. Thumbs up, I guess, if you do stick to your guns.
01.03.2011 - 00:48
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
I say good riddance.
01.03.2011 - 00:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Dearest Ellrohir,

As I am writing this letter to you, I am doing so with a heavy heart and one that is really full of emotions. Without much ado, the essence of this letter is to put an end to our relationship and also to wish you the very best in your affairs. Although we have been together for over four (4) years, it is quite obvious that we cannot settle down as husband and wife MetalStorm Pals because of the unprecedented opposition to the affair from both families new layout.

Therefore, this letter is to formalize the break-up even though I will always cherish those wonderful times that we had together. This is wishing you the very best in life.

Yours affectionately,
Doc

Break-up letter generator. Always relevant.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
01.03.2011 - 01:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
First of all, addressing all other users; we appreciate feedback, positive or negative. We just prefer you do it in an adult manner. Secondly, our content will be staying the same, everything you see changing today is merely cosmetic.

More directed toward Ellrohir:
Dude, you're throwing a big fucking tantrum over a website re-design. Have you considered seeking psychiatric help, and possibly reevaluate what's important in your life?

Written by Ellrohir on 28.02.2011 at 20:33

you are definitely going to attract loads of stupid teens fascinated with this "trendy" look alike, but this doesnt work for me...so many hours must have been wasted on creating...this...sigh

What's wrong with attracting loads of new people? Sorry we couldn't be your underground baby forever. As stated before, our content is not changing, and anything new is not going to be alienating. There might be new style articles coming out, but nothing that doesn't fit on metalstorm.
As far as being a "trendy" look alike, who gives a fuck? We've come up with a layout thats friendly to your everyday internet user. It's smooth.

It's not like we're shutting down or anything. We changed the freakin' layout. *sniffle*sniffle* "I may have to turn my head to the left side of the screen to use the shoutbox now!" *boohoo* "It will take me 0.3 seconds longer to scroll to the Pub forum!" I sincerely question your mental stability, sir.

Let it be known that mere MINUTES after the changeover, he posted messages like: (verbatim)
Quote:
FUCK this new layout...and FUCK the person who created it

Quote:
Go fuck yourselves with this stupidest update i have ever experienced anywhere

Quote:
you have just ruined almost 4 years i have spend as a Metal Storm member

Now, let's pretend for a second that these are rational responses to this situation. If MetalStorm was so bloody important to him that it would cause him to fly off the handle as such, you would think that he'd wait until maybe longer than 5 minutes after the change over to make his departure. You would think he would at least take a look around, maybe even make a well-structured suggestion or two, then deciding perhaps it's not his type of site anymore then stepping down gracefully. As opposed to seeing it's different, then immediately throwing a tantrum, and bawling like a little girl. I don't know about you, but if there's something that's been an important part of my life for 4 years, I'm generally not so hasty in it's disposal.

What causes such an instability? Did your mother breast-feed you into your late teens or something?
----
- George Carlin
01.03.2011 - 01:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by BitterCOld on 01.03.2011 at 00:28

If a change to a website hits anyone this hard, i'm glad i am nowhere near them when "real life" throws one if it's curve ball changes their way. i shudder to think the response to a real problem.

QFT
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
01.03.2011 - 01:52
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Written by Doc G. on 01.03.2011 at 01:28

Let it be known that mere MINUTES after the changeover, he posted messages like: (verbatim)
Quote:
FUCK this new layout...and FUCK the person who created it

Quote:
Go fuck yourselves with this stupidest update i have ever experienced anywhere

Quote:
you have just ruined almost 4 years i have spend as a Metal Storm member

Also, lets not forget that he has been a problematic user with some highly questionable political and sexual views that nearly banned him on more than one occasion in the past. If it is the design that finally gets us rid of him, we must be doing something right
01.03.2011 - 01:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Thank god you're gone. No one will miss you.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.03.2011 - 02:22
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Good bye
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
01.03.2011 - 15:34
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by jupitreas on 01.03.2011 at 01:52

Also, lets not forget that he has been a problematic user with some highly questionable political and sexual views that nearly banned him on more than one occasion in the past. If it is the design that finally gets us rid of him, we must be doing something right

Fuck bans and warnings! Let's redesign the layout whenever we wanna get rid of problematic users
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
01.03.2011 - 16:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Promonex on 01.03.2011 at 15:34

Written by jupitreas on 01.03.2011 at 01:52

Fuck bans and warnings! Let's redesign the layout whenever we wanna get rid of problematic users

I dont remeber he cause any problem at all in all his active years
----

apos;'
[image]
01.03.2011 - 23:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Bad English on 01.03.2011 at 16:02

To give you the short, short, short version of things:
A) He got pissy towards staff members for not featuring NS bands.
B) Violent, hypocritical temper.
C) When privately asked to tone down certain language, he responded in a very childish manner in the forums.

That's all I can say, as I'm not sure how much of the details are supposed to be classified, so if you want to know any more you're going to have to wait for a mod to answer that question.
----
- George Carlin
01.03.2011 - 23:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 01.03.2011 at 23:40

Written by Bad English on 01.03.2011 at 16:02

To give you the short, short, short version of things:
A) He got pissy towards staff members for not featuring NS bands.
B) Violent, hypocritical temper.
C) When privately asked to tone down certain language, he responded in a very childish manner in the forums.

That's all I can say, as I'm not sure how much of the details are supposed to be classified, so if you want to know any more you're going to have to wait for a mod to answer that question.

a) Nocturnam Mortum think, well many ask it
b)disagree
c)Cant say since there is no way to know what staff send and ask whit PM's to other members

But I never remeber anythinh big trobles, I have seen more troble makers in MS(inclooding me in heavy alcohlic days werry beggining), but I follow forum I never have seen any bad post from him, ok Isreal support well we have wrights to choose and besides suport Isreal whit what they do in Gaza is not a crime, so if Isreal is think I disagree
----

apos;'
[image]
02.03.2011 - 00:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
These aren't just singular events here, K7. I'm not at liberty to disclose the workings of the mods, but he had been a problem beyond opposing viewpoints.
----
- George Carlin
02.03.2011 - 00:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Doc G. on 02.03.2011 at 00:03

These aren't just singular events here, K7. I'm not at liberty to disclose the workings of the mods, but he had been a problem beyond opposing viewpoints.

Single user like I who's not mod cant know what mods talk about cant know such details, what I see in his posts he has not been troble maker at all
----

apos;'
[image]
02.03.2011 - 12:42
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Would be great if there was a way to revert back to the old format, much like changing of themes.

On a different but similar note: Please change it back to the old one or something folks. All due respect, but just hate the new look, sorry.
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
02.03.2011 - 13:12
JD
Account deleted
My friends who have profiles here and don't use metalstorm they saw the new design and they like it, and i guess some of them online now, it's cool for me too, but my problem is that my PC is old i guess i should buy a laptop or something.
02.03.2011 - 13:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 02.03.2011 at 13:12

My friends who have profiles here and don't use metalstorm they saw the new design and they like it, and i guess some of them online now, it's cool for me too, but my problem is that my PC is old i guess i should buy a laptop or something.

Try auto updates I install it and now my PC dont hangs up when I use MS
This new loytout think is old PC problem generaly
----

apos;'
[image]
02.03.2011 - 13:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 02.03.2011 at 00:21

Single user like I who's not mod cant know what mods talk about cant know such details, what I see in his posts he has not been troble maker at all

yeah i agree, i don't remember him talking any shit or something. but then again that means that the mods are doing a good job in cleaning up hate-posts. anyway he's gone now, who the hell actually cares?
02.03.2011 - 14:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 02.03.2011 at 13:58

Written by Bad English on 02.03.2011 at 00:21

yeah i agree, i don't remember him talking any shit or something. but then again that means that the mods are doing a good job in cleaning up hate-posts. anyway he's gone now, who the hell actually cares?

No he even has not post anything like it , Im here all time I read and and see all posts I cant remeber anything what he posted
----

apos;'
[image]
02.03.2011 - 14:06
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Valentin B on 02.03.2011 at 13:58

----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"