Metal Storm logo
Amorphis - New Album Details

Amorphis celebrated Kalevala Day (aka Finnish Culture Day) by releasing the finalized details for their upcoming new album, The Beginning Of Times. The band's tenth studio album will be released at the end of May through Nuclear Blast Records.

The first single off the album is entitled You I Need, and is scheduled for release in April. Also in June, Amorphis will embark on the extensive The Beginning Of Times Tour, scheduled to continue through 2012. Date will be announced soon.

The band describes the album as follows: "The new album is the most challenging Amorphis album so far in terms of both music and lyrics. Its central character is the iconic hero of Finnish mythology, Väinämöinen, whose tale has been masterfully retold by lyricist Pekka Kainulainen. The Beginning Of Times was produced by the band; vocals were recorded under the guidance of Marco Hietala in his home studio in Kuopio. Like its predecessors, the album was mixed by Mikko Karmila. Its cover artwork shows Travis Smith's magnificent interpretation of the mythological birth of the world from a duck's egg."

The Beginning Of Times tracklist:

01. Battle For Light
02. Mermaid
03. My Enemy
04. You I Need
05. Song Of The Sage
06. Three Words
07. Reformation
08. Soothsayer
09. On A Stranded Shore
10. Escape
11. Crack In A Stone
12. Beginning Of Time
13. Heart's Song [digipack bonus]

Source: amorphis.net
Band profile: Amorphis
Posted: 28.02.2011 by Blizk

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 207 users
28.02.2011 - 20:56
WorpeX
Made of Metal
WOW. Thats the WORST album art i've ever seen. A floating egg? wtf? Since when did Amorphis become stoner metal.
28.02.2011 - 21:17
arj

best comment
28.02.2011 - 21:31
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Written by WorpeX on 28.02.2011 at 20:56

WOW. Thats the WORST album art i've ever seen. A floating egg? wtf? Since when did Amorphis become stoner metal.

Finnish mythology orginates the creation of the world from an egg, so Amorphis actually do nothin' with stoner staff, don't be afraid. Their lyricsal concept is about Finnish mythology and this album is especially about the creation of time and the world. By the way the background-forest and landscape still beautful, although I like the egg as well
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
28.02.2011 - 21:32
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Lol, wolfmother
----
loves 小巫
28.02.2011 - 22:58
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I also dont like that much the new cover but i have faith to this very good band...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
28.02.2011 - 23:10
Risto
Wandering Midget
In short, the album will be more progressive than Skyforger. According to some press reps that have heard it said it includes interesting rhythmic hooks, and even some female backing vocals.
28.02.2011 - 23:52
lucjeuken
Account deleted
Written by Risto on 28.02.2011 at 23:10

In short, the album will be more progressive than Skyforger. According to some press reps that have heard it said it includes interesting rhythmic hooks, and even some female backing vocals.

More progressive would be awesome! Can't wait for this album!
01.03.2011 - 02:46
INÆRIS

This will be a massive album, I tell you. I enjoy and admireTravis Smith's work, and despite what anyone says, I think it's pretty cool. It looks epic. and it fits well with Amorphis's mythological themes.
----
Still Life, Still Death
01.03.2011 - 04:57
gopherhawk2@gmail.co

Quit dissing the egg Skyforger was incredible so the band is on a streak.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
01.03.2011 - 05:26
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
I hope i can get an egg that big for my breakfast!
01.03.2011 - 10:42
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Yes, Skyforger was incredible. Regardless of how ugly the album art is, im still highly looking forward to this release! Amorphis never dissapoints!
01.03.2011 - 10:42
Elio
Red Nightmare
Lol the artwork sucks indeed, we'll see what's up with the music.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
01.03.2011 - 19:22
JÄY
Metal slave
I like the cover...and id say its very amorphis looking
10.03.2011 - 23:01
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
To sum it up:
1) The cover art sucks but it fits very well the band's mythological theme
2) Hopefully the next album will part ways with the Eclipse-Silent Waters-Skyforger trilogy

Yes, indeed...
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....

Hits total: 4413 | This month: 4