Metal Storm logo
Immortal - Abbath's I Project Final Album Details And Photos

I, the new band featuring Abbath (Immortal), Ice Dale (Enslaved, Audrey Horne), TC King (Sahg, ex-Gorgototh) and Armagedda (ex-Immortal), has finalized the track listing for its debut album, "Between Two Worlds", due for release in North America on November 14 via Nuclear Blast Records. Recorded in Bergen, Norway's Lydriket Studio with Geir Luedy, and mixed by Peter Tägtgren (Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Marduk), "Between Two Worlds" "will kick your teeth in and break your back!" according to the band. "Heavy, groovy, melodic, atmospheric, heck ? call it even catchy ? THIS ALBUM IS A MASTERPIECE!"

"Between Two Worlds" track listing:

01. The Storm I Ride
02. Warriors
03. Between Two Worlds
04. Battalions
05. Mountains
06. Days of North Winds
07. Far Beyond the Quiet
08. Cursed We Are

There will also be a limited-edition version of the album with two bonus tracks: "Bridges of Fire" and "Shadowed Realms".

Download a radio-broadcast-quality (not CD quality) version of the song "The Storm I Ride" at this location.

Decibel magazine had this to say about "Between Two Worlds": "Everything about the debut album from Norway's I screams black metal, excepting the death 'n' roll guitar riffs that pervade throughout. Abbath has managed to fuse his signature snarl with MOTÖRHEAD-styled rock and Demonaz's BATHORY-influenced lyrics in a way no band has previously attempted. IMMORTAL fans will surely embrace the band, as will extreme music newcomers that don't know the band members' history. This is a worthy new start for these scene mainstays."

Check out new promotional photos at this location.
Pictures from the band's appearance last month at the Hole in the Sky festival in Bergen, Norway can be found here.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Immortal
Posted: 10.09.2006 by Baz Anderson

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 18 users
10.09.2006 - 22:41
Cryptorium
Account deleted
highly influenced by Motorhead ... from head to toe
10.09.2006 - 23:05
NoRb3
Account deleted
I think this CD will sucks for black metal fans who want more Immortal music coz "The Storm I Ride" is god damn hard rock like Motorhead.
10.09.2006 - 23:23
Baz Anderson

yes - it makes me think of Chrome Division, that band with Shagrath in it
maybe all Norwegian black metallers really do wish they were in some sort of hard rock band
think of Scum as well with Samoth and Faust..
11.09.2006 - 01:15
Icewings
La Luna
Uhmm well what can I say , you guys said it all alredy , but ohhh well uhm I guess is new material so ....
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
11.09.2006 - 02:29
the.bmp
Account deleted
I love the new track. If they released it under the name Immortal then I'd be upset.. but its a different band, different sound. What would be the point of Abbath being in two bands that sounded identical?
11.09.2006 - 03:03
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
Ugh. I want pure, diatonic, repetitive, 8 minute, flawlessly structured, neo-romantic Black metal songs... not blues inspired rock'n'roll.
11.09.2006 - 05:32
rlagksquf

Can't fucking wait
11.09.2006 - 05:43
jadawal

its alright, not what i expected, but you said it the.bmp
11.09.2006 - 06:20
tulkas
el parcero
@the.bmp: I agree with you in everyway.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
11.09.2006 - 10:52
GT
Coffee!!
Hmm...nice track. Not what I expected though
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.09.2006 - 11:14
NoRb3
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.09.2006 at 03:03

Ugh. I want pure, diatonic, repetitive, 8 minute, flawlessly structured, neo-romantic Black metal songs... not blues inspired rock'n'roll.

Me too
12.09.2006 - 01:17
Damnated
Churchburner
Ah, yes. Another day, another band. I'm not impressed. Tägtgren is officially crap.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.09.2006 - 02:42
psychoman364
Account deleted
I'm a bit surprised, but not shocked. I know Abbath did a Motorhead tribute band for a while. Not really my thing though, I'll just see what the reunited Immortal does.
15.09.2006 - 00:48
matos

i like it! downloading the album now!
Hey! just a question: why is this band even connected with immortal (yes, i know who abbath is!), but there are other musicians, who don't just drag their main band all over everything -> we don't call Bloodbath: "that Hypocrisy/Opeth band of Peter and Mikael"
Same guy, different band! Simple.
----
15.09.2006 - 12:10
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by matos on 15.09.2006 at 00:48

Hey! just a question: why is this band even connected with immortal (yes, i know who abbath is!), but there are other musicians, who don't just drag their main band all over everything -> we don't call Bloodbath: "that Hypocrisy/Opeth band of Peter and Mikael"

The band consists of Abbath (Immortal), Armagedda (Immortal), Demonaz (Immortal), King (Gorgoroth) and Arve Isdal (Enslaved). Which band would you connect it to if not to the band that provides three times as many members/contributors than the other two?

And the song kinda rocks. Nothing I'd die for, but I'd certainly check them out if they come to some festival I'm attending.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
15.09.2006 - 15:21
matos

Written by Promonex on 15.09.2006 at 12:10

Written by matos on 15.09.2006 at 00:48

The band consists of Abbath (Immortal), Armagedda (Immortal), Demonaz (Immortal), King (Gorgoroth) and Arve Isdal (Enslaved). Which band would you connect it to if not to the band that provides three times as many members/contributors than the other two?

And the song kinda rocks. Nothing I'd die for, but I'd certainly check them out if they come to some festival I'm attending.

Hmmm i did not know Demonaz was in too
Look i'm not trying to say the band has no connection to Immortal, sure the members origin from Immortal, but doesn't the band deserve to be called something like:"I - The project of Immortal's mainman Abbath". "Immortal - Abbath's I Project" sounds like I is somkind of sub-group of Immortal. + I does't sound a bit like immortal! (ok, even a retard would know that there was Abbath behind the mic).
Well enough, it doesn't even matter!
----
17.09.2006 - 02:13
matos

Dammit! i have to disagree with myself, when i said "I" doesn't sound a bit like Immortal - well after hearing the whole album a realised that that could be the next Immortal album. think about the evlution Immortal had since the first album till the last one, well if the band hadn't broke-up and suffered the same dose of evolution again this could be their new album!
Some songs are strongly reminding me of "sons of northren darkness", riffs are almost identical and Abbath's trademark vocals cannot be denied!
----

Hits total: 8120 | This month: 14