Metal Storm logo
Kamelot - North American Tour Announced

Kamelot has confirmed their long-awaited North American Tour in support on the band's newest release, Poetry for the Poisoned. Support will come from Alestorm, Blackguard and The Agonist.

Due to continuing medical and personal issues, Roy Khan will not be able to finish the remaining touring in support of Poetry for the Poisoned.

Khan states: "I am here in Norway still recovering from what seems to have been a severe burnout syndrome. I am getting better but still under medical care. My priorities at the moment are my health & family. My future endeavors in Kamelot and music in general are being evaluated, however at this time my focus is on getting back on my feet and spending time with family and friends. Thank you for your prayers and well wishes!"

With the news of Roy's continued absence, Kamelot are pleased to announce that metal icon Fabio Lione ( Rhapsody Of Fire) will be joining the tour and handling the lead vocal duties.

In addition to Fabio, throughout these shows there will also be special guest and vocal appearances from top artists in the scene, this is a special and rare tour, and one not to be missed.

Pandemonium Over North America Tour:

Aug. 26 - Atlanta, GA - The Masquarade
Aug. 27 - West Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Aug. 28 - Philadelphia, PA - The Trocadero
Aug. 30 - New York, NY - The Gramercy Theatre
Aug. 31- Worcester, MA - The Palladium
Sep. 02 - Montreal, QC - Club Soda
Sep. 03 - Quebec City, QC - Imperial De Quebec
Sep. 04 - Toronto, ON - Mod Club
Sep. 06 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
Sep. 07 - Detroit, MI - Blondie's
Sep. 08 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
Sep. 09 - St. Paul, NM - Station 4
Sep. 12 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Sep. 13 - Portland, OR - Peter's Room
Sep. 14 - San Francisco, CA - Slim's
Sep. 15 - West Hollywood, CA - House Of Blues
Sep. 16 - Tempe, AZ - Clubhouse
Sep. 17 - Salt Lake City, UT - The Complex
Sep. 18 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
Sep. 20 - Dallas, TX - Trees
Sep. 21 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
Sep. 23 - Orlando, FL - The Club At Firestone

Source: kamelot.com
Band profile: Kamelot
Posted: 28.02.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 155 users
01.03.2011 - 00:56
Yojimbo

I'll have to consider this one.
01.03.2011 - 01:02
Bloody_Footprint

Hope Roy's exile isn't permanent. Doesn't feel like Kamelot without him.
----
Neurosis and Metal since '87
01.03.2011 - 02:48
bazinko

Seriously!! How can they tour without him? Ridiculous... Although I would consider attending if Jorn subbed in. Hehe.
01.03.2011 - 05:23
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Im so sick of blackguard. Why are they on every single NA tour?
01.03.2011 - 07:13
Amonisis

Roy khan is my favorite vocalist, i'd hate to see him sick. however the promises of Kamelot AND Alestorm *jizzed in my pants*
01.03.2011 - 15:57
Dargor

I love Kamelot and I love Fabio, but I'm really disappointed by the guests... There is not a single guest that fits with Kamelot whatsoever, wtf?
I would have loved to see the European guests for this tour too.
01.03.2011 - 18:59
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
I will certainly be there on August 27th. I finally decided to give a try to Poetry for the Poisoned and I really like..... never seem Kamelot live, but I'm sure they are amazing live =D
----
01.03.2011 - 19:35
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I'm on the fence about this one, but still likely will check it out due to a lack of tours I'm interested in this year. And, in typical fashion, the support bands are totally unrelated to the headliner, and yet again it's Blackguard :
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
02.03.2011 - 01:20
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Hahaha Kamelot + Alestorm lol
02.03.2011 - 01:47
Symmachus

I'm moving to Colorado during the summer this year for college. Personally, that Denver gig looks promising. Hmm...

Hits total: 3054 | This month: 5