Metal Storm logo
Most mind-numbingly awful lyrics and lyricists

Original post

Posted by wormdrink414, 01.03.2011 - 02:15
I have to nominate Jari and the lyrics in Wintersun's self-titled album. Not only are they bad (the English is bad, the ideas aren't original), fans do the ol' and for them.
05.06.2012 - 03:27
BreadGod
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.06.2012 at 02:37

Muhammad? Fuck that guy.

Yeah, fuck him too, but at least do it on an intellectual level above "Xbox-Live User".
20.07.2012 - 16:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
Mary-Lou by Sonata Arctica. Ridiculous, embarrasing... just bad. "Nothing to do, eating for two, he's going out with someone new."

See for yourself:

Although a great song.
----
20.07.2012 - 17:01
helofloki

I know there are a lot of fans of this guy out there and I am impressed by the way Arjen Lucassen can find so many stars to guest for Ayreon, but even when the subject matter is mildly interesting, the lyrics just strike me as awkward. This is an issue a lot of prog bands have and I think it's related to making concept albums that have a story line. I think what happens is they get too worried about making sure the story comes through the lyrics instead of just making good songs. Sometimes the lyrics become strengthened by the context of the concept, but more often than not it's just lame. I think I just prefer poetic and cryptic lyrics to really explicit lyrics. Musical theater has this issue too, from Opera to Broadway. There are some artists out there who can work a good song in with a concept every once an a while, but very few who can do it consistently. Arjen is neither.
21.07.2012 - 12:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Boxcar Willy on 31.05.2012 at 03:44

Written by chronic-headache on 31.05.2012 at 03:37

As badass as the first couple albums were, Children of Bodom has written some piss poor lyrics. The guitar lines where killer though.
Haven't bothered to pay much attention since HCDR

I'm pretty sure Alexi made up the lyrics on the spot for their first album.

not only that, he got inspired from other bands' lyrics.. check out Warheart:

I'm an outcast on the path of rebound
Everything is frail, I desolate, crush, and burn
I have chosen darkness to be my guide
War is in my heart, death is by my side

while this is an excerpt from Manowar - Black Wind Fire and Steel:

I am an outcast on the path of no return
Punisher and swordsman, I was born to burn
Black wind always follows where my black horse rides
Fire's in my soul and steel is by my side

Manowar deserve a place on this thread because they sing about the exact same things on every album: metal, battles, fantasy, riding motorcycles and norse mythology. You can seriously count the exceptions on one hand, the following songs gathered from ALL their discography: Guyana (Cult of the Damned)-about the People's Temple in Guyana, Number One-about sports, and An American Trilogy, which is basically a mash-up of Americana songs.
21.07.2012 - 12:28
Uldreth

Out of all bands, why did they ripoff Manowar lyrically, lol.

Although not as terrible as Manowar or Def Leppard or any other glam/cock metal bands in terms of lyrics, I'd like to nominate Bleeding Through. Most of their lyrics, especially their old ones are unreadable and the worst thing is I can understand what the vocalist says.

But I don't like that band much anyways.
23.07.2012 - 23:48
vgmaster9

As decent os Five Finger Death Punch are, I can say that their lyrics are truly uninspired.
10.03.2013 - 03:54
skrog1

Rob Zombie. Just a bunch of nonsense lyrics and madeup words.
----
LIKE THE OFFICIAL SKROG FACEBOOK PAGE TODAY!!!!

http://facebook.com/Skrogband