‹‹ Back to the General music forum Pages: 1 2 [3]
Users visited: 100  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Sekhmet on 17.05.2006 at 23:31
I'm looking for bands like Death in June, Current 93,... They are neofolk, really atmospheric with a bizarre touch. Any recommendations?

Page 3 of 3

Inlé

16.01.2010 at 02:04
I like loads of the bands mentioned on this thread.

Indeed, the only huge gap I can see is Vàli!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCmmGbv-eyc

One of my favourite instrumental pieces of music. Ever.
Alphafemale

25.03.2010 at 12:53
Hagalaz Runedance is my fav
----
'Proud forest rises towards the sky,
in awe I stand silent
Green path of life amalgamates
With my own belief'
caimanjosh

06.04.2010 at 23:07
I'm surprised no one mentioned Blackmore's Night....they're neofolk, and have the plus of the metal connection (Ritchie himself), though of course they're not metal at all. Candice Night sings very well, too.
Diabolos
Space For Rent!

06.04.2010 at 23:58
Written by caimanjosh on 06.04.2010 at 23:07

I'm surprised no one mentioned Blackmore's Night....they're neofolk, and have the plus of the metal connection (Ritchie himself), though of course they're not metal at all. Candice Night sings very well, too.

I wouldn't say they are Neofolk, but they are quite cool
Detric
King Of Twilight

27.10.2010 at 14:20
What do you guys think about Blood Axis? Never heard them.. I need some more neofolk in the vein of Forseti, Of the Wand and the Moon and Death in June. I like the clean neofolk style, with nice guitar work and a very atmospheric touch, which is what I get of listening to the named bands. Any recommendations would be cool, thanks a lot.
Akram

06.05.2012 at 23:33
You should try Neutral from Russia and their stunning album Serpents in the Dawn (2008)

Check out this song: http://youtu.be/Gdw_GzRL8Jw
----
To die, to be really dead, that must be glorious!
There are far worse things awaiting man than death.
ainulindale

11.04.2014 at 15:28
Hi,

I'm engwar from neofolk band Ainulindalë.

You can check our new album Nevrast here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx_PWhlMkKg

It's neofolk in the style of Empyrium, Vàli or Ulver's Kvelsfanger....

Thank you !
no one

13.04.2014 at 10:14
^ those guys are actually pretty good

I have been listening to a bit of Vergissmeinnicht lately, but i think my favorite bands so far during my short listening period of this genre would be
Tenhi
Nest
Vali
and Nebelung
no one

14.04.2014 at 07:49
Just found this band "Splinterskin" on last fm, very good indeed!

http://www.last.fm/music/Splinterskin?source=home-artist-recommendations
Ilham
attention whore*

28.05.2014 at 17:57
My three favourite bands that fall more of less into this category are TRIARII, Dernière Volonté, and Arditi. The latter being a lot more ambient, martial, and less neofolk, but still. Dernière Volonté is hella cheesy now, but I love it. Speaking french is a huge plus if you want to have the full DV experience. The lyrics are nice. Oh and the singer is kinda sexy, saw him live, he dances too much though. Too bad he's gay. The drummer is not too bad either.

Albums I'd recommend :
Dernière Volonté - Les Promesses De L'Ombre - very catchy tunes, very folky.
TRIARII - Pièce Héroïque (most of their titles are written in bad French, but there's actually very little French in the tracks themselves).
Arditi - Standards Of Triumph - martial music goosebumps guaranteed with this one.

I was fascinated by all the... the things around these bands. I don't want to use words that might be misinterpreted. You know. Triarii calls that "military art". But I don't share most of their political views though. I want to be clear on that.
Vombatus
Title

08.06.2014 at 20:24
I'm mostly ignorant about Neofolk, I find stuff like Tenhi or Death in June enjoyable, but don't know that much... Lately been listening to lots of King Dude and Chelsea Wolfe , not sure if Neofolk sounds like it though

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Login or register to post here.