Metal Storm logo
Pestilence - New Album Details, New Song Online

Doctrine, the new album of Dutch death metallers Pestilence, will be released in late April through Mascot Records.

The eleven-track CD was recorded and mixed at Woodshed Studio in southern Germany with engineer Victor Bullok (Triptykon, Dark Fortress).

Regarding the direction of the band's new music, guitarist/vocalist Patrick Mameli previously stated: "The new material sounds, again, way different from the previous albums, and is going to top all previous Pestilence material, stated by insiders already."

One of the new songs on the album, called "Sinister", has been made available for streaming over at this location.

Doctrine tracklist:

01. The Predication (intro)
02. Amgod
03. Doctrine
04. Salvation
05. Dissolve
06. Absolution
07. Sinister
08. Divinity
09. Deception
10. Malignant
11. Confusion

Source: pestilence.nl
Band profile: Pestilence
Posted: 02.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 81 users
02.03.2011 - 23:04
MechanisT
Account deleted
The artwork is a bit too...plastic...for me...
02.03.2011 - 23:17
Angelic Storm
Melodious
The artwork is meh.. lol As for the song.. Im not sure about that ultra detuned sound, but its definitely a better and more interesting track than just about all of what was on "Resurrection Macabre". Kewl and kinda weird as well to hear Patrick busting out falsetto screams! Im definitely interested to hear the full album now. My guess is it will be better than the last album at least. xD
02.03.2011 - 23:37
arj

Not bad. Also very interested in hearing the full album.

Second listen: growing a lot on me.

The bass of course slays on this, but how could it not.
03.03.2011 - 00:30
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I dont like that much the new song. i hope it is a grower though...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
03.03.2011 - 00:34
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by arj on 02.03.2011 at 23:37

The song is a grower, I liked it much more by the third listen. lol Okay, its not going to compete with their absolute best songs, but it's still pretty good! And yep, the bass is awesome, but it's no surprise when you know who is playing it. xD
03.03.2011 - 00:39
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Saw them two weeks ago here in Argentina, too bad they didn't play any new song...
This sounds great!!! It's awesome that the vocals are more similar to Consuming Impulse than Resurrection Macabre (weakest point of RM IMO)
Besides, it's always great to listen to JPT!
03.03.2011 - 01:08
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Unhealer on 03.03.2011 at 00:39

Saw them two weeks ago here in Argentina, too bad they didn't play any new song...
This sounds great!!! It's awesome that the vocals are more similar to Consuming Impulse than Resurrection Macabre (weakest point of RM IMO)

imo the vocals on RM are maybe the best vocals pestilence ever had. equal to van drunens..
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
03.03.2011 - 01:26
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Deadmeat on 03.03.2011 at 01:08

Written by Unhealer on 03.03.2011 at 00:39

imo the vocals on RM are maybe the best vocals pestilence ever had. equal to van drunens..

They felt OK when I started listening to RM. But when I checked older records I loved those 80'-90s thrashy death metal vocals.
And that was how Mameli sang RM songs in the concert here in Argentina, I definitely liked them a lot more than in the recording.
Just a matter of tastes anyway... let's just stick to the fact that JPT recorded in this one
03.03.2011 - 18:00
arj

Written by Angelic Storm on 03.03.2011 at 00:34

Written by arj on 02.03.2011 at 23:37

The song is a grower, I liked it much more by the third listen. lol Okay, its not going to compete with their absolute best songs, but it's still pretty good! And yep, the bass is awesome, but it's no surprise when you know who is playing it. xD

Absolutely. Two excellent releases this year with Thesseling on them. Can't wait.
04.03.2011 - 02:51
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by arj on 03.03.2011 at 18:00
Absolutely. Two excellent releases this year with Thesseling on them. Can't wait.

After the last album, I have to say my expectations for the latest were very low. I still have reservations about this ultra detuned sound they're now using, but "Sinister" is certainly a good song, and my expectations for "Doctrine" are definitely higher now than before I heard it. JPT is sounding as awesome as ever, and I love Patrick's manic vocals in the song. Hopefully Pestilence are about to release something good again. xD
04.03.2011 - 07:51
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
04.03.2011 - 15:04
arj

Written by Angelic Storm on 04.03.2011 at 02:51

Written by arj on 03.03.2011 at 18:00

After the last album, I have to say my expectations for the latest were very low. I still have reservations about this ultra detuned sound they're now using, but "Sinister" is certainly a good song, and my expectations for "Doctrine" are definitely higher now than before I heard it. JPT is sounding as awesome as ever, and I love Patrick's manic vocals in the song. Hopefully Pestilence are about to release something good again. xD

Can't agree more. When Pestilence was playing in Aalborg in Nov last year they said that the new album would make us forgot all about Resurrection Macabre
)
04.03.2011 - 23:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by arj on 04.03.2011 at 15:04
Can't agree more. When Pestilence was playing in Aalborg in Nov last year they said that the new album would make us forgot all about Resurrection Macabre
)

Hmm... by the sounds of that, the band weren't all that happy with the last album either. Which is a good thing. xD
05.03.2011 - 04:12
Schweinhund

Great song! Getting more curious now to hear the rest of the album. Mameli's vocals and that fretless bass make it sound different. Never liked 'Resurrection Macabre' that much.
05.03.2011 - 07:37
Symmachus

That's quite an interesting track listing and cover. Most of those song titles are one-worders.
09.03.2011 - 10:05
Tenski

New song def. kicks ass!! Love how it just plows over everything!
24.03.2011 - 04:06
Yasmine

I dig it.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u

Hits total: 3646 | This month: 6