Metal Storm logo
Woods of Desolation

04.03.2011 - 18:14
The Turbanator
Woods of Desolation.

Wow. Simply wow. Got their new album 2 days back and I've just been.. wow.

If you guys like Austere, you'll love this. In fact, the vocalist is from Austere.

Listen to their latest album 'Torn Beyond Darkness'.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
04.03.2011 - 18:23
The Turbanator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjnTEinqLcM

have a listen. and be amazed.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
04.03.2011 - 21:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Toward the Depths is amazing; I have yet to get a hold of Torn Beyond Reason. Sorrow (Tim Yatras) is a pretty rad mainman - in addition to this band and the amazing Austere, he's got Nazxul and a few bands of extremely different genres: Dungeon (power metal), Grey Waters (depressive rock), and Paindivision (hard rock), Black Reign (thrash) - to name a few, according to MA - under his belt.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.03.2011 - 22:54
The Turbanator
Written by Troy Killjoy on 04.03.2011 at 21:27

Toward the Depths is amazing; I have yet to get a hold of Torn Beyond Reason. Sorrow (Tim Yatras) is a pretty rad mainman - in addition to this band and the amazing Austere, he's got Nazxul and a few bands of extremely different genres: Dungeon (power metal), Grey Waters (depressive rock), and Paindivision (hard rock), Black Reign (thrash) - to name a few, according to MA - under his belt.

He's amazing. He's also in Kinstrife & Blood (Summoning style Epic BM).
----
04.03.2011 - 23:19
InnerSelf
proofread free
I entered the forum today just to look up WoD
Torn Beyond Reason sounds great after the first listen , this could be one of this years top releases
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
05.03.2011 - 00:42
The Turbanator
I think it'll take any band, way alot of effort to top this release. Seriously.

This is Austere carbon copy, and after a few listens you might think that this is better than Austere. I wouldn't blame you.
----
05.03.2011 - 01:07
InnerSelf
proofread free
I still haven't checked Austere "ashamed" but will do soon
----
is not bold enough
05.03.2011 - 01:27
The Turbanator
Written by InnerSelf on 05.03.2011 at 01:07

I still haven't checked Austere "ashamed" but will do soon

Half of my soul died when they decided to split up. :'(
----
05.03.2011 - 23:00
InnerSelf
proofread free
Yep my friend who almost worships them was almost in tears
About WoD I am getting the feeling that this album -though being really good at the first couple of listens- tends to become a bit boring in while (I still haven't) but it is the same drum patterns with the tremelos and the rest of the package. not that they are bad , infact they do it in the best way possible but it is getting a bit boring lately,
----
is not bold enough
06.03.2011 - 01:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Their breaking up ranks up there with Beatrik in my opinion. Promising bands that could have done so much more, having already done an outstanding job in my opinion.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.03.2011 - 07:36
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Listening to their song Darkest Days right now and its suprisingly good. The other work I heard by them was just boring as hell-crappy riffs repeated about 1976639^9 times per song, but this song actually goes somewhere! Maybe I just checked out all their crappy tracks first-might go check them out more. Of course this sounds WAY to happy to be black metal.
08.03.2011 - 08:07
Mikyz
Their new album is good, but I'm not a big fan of the production, it kind of ruins some of the better moments. On my first listen I got my mind blown, but after repeated listens I found that it isn't as good as I thought it was, don't get me wrong it IS good just nothing special. btw it's Torn Beyond Darkness Reason. It's worth buying imo.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
08.03.2011 - 16:22
InnerSelf
proofread free
Written by Mikyz on 08.03.2011 at 08:07

Their new album is good, but I'm not a big fan of the production, it kind of ruins some of the better moments. On my first listen I got my mind blown, but after repeated listens I found that it isn't as good as I thought it was, don't get me wrong it IS good just nothing special. btw it's Torn Beyond Darkness Reason. It's worth buying imo.

Exactly what happened to me
----
is not bold enough
10.01.2012 - 11:19
The Turbanator
They are re-releasing the "Towards The Depth" album on February 3rd.

http://northern-silence.de/files/wod_toward.htm
----