Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Vocalist Breaks Ribs

In a terrible home accident last Thursday, Nightwish singer Anette Olzon has tripped over a toy lying on the floor and broke a few ribs in the fall.

Here's the full story: "I sat with Nemo (her second son) in my lap at our dinner table and was gonna stand up and go to the couch and leave him over to Johan (that's Pain bassist Johan Husgafvel for you).

When I stand up, one of Nemo's toys are lying on the floor and I don't look down but just start to walk and whip! I slide on this wooden toy box and falls with my legs straight up and my whole body hits the floor so hard. To keep Nemo safe I hold him up and try to take the fall all by myself. When I fall down I fall on this wooden toy box straight on the side on my ribs. I loose all air and the pain and the sound when I hit the box was horrible. I screamed for so long and it was the worst pain ever felt.

Nemo luckily just scratched his head agains our couch so he got a burn-mark and he held his head up so great that it never fell down hard. His back and legs and himselves were just fine.

I took painkillers and tried to function normally but the pain got bigger and bigger, and I got a fever so after 2,5 hours I called to the emergency who told me to get in there. And already when the doctor saw my ribs she knew it was broken. There´s nothing to do to broken ribs, just painkillers and resting. So now I am lying here with strong pills and can't do anything. Life surely sucks at this time. Pain is horrible and I just hope I soon can get better from that."

Source: anette-olzon.blogspot.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 06.03.2011 by RcK

Comments page 3 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 68   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 546 users
09.03.2011 - 17:42
Jon

Written by BitterCOld on 07.03.2011 at 01:28

(piling on.)

Written by Lord Drakiur on 06.03.2011 at 20:02

How is this metal news?

How are you a "lord?"

haha nice
----
A mythology is a religion different enough from your own for it's absurdity to be obvious.
10.03.2011 - 00:08
Anibx

Written by Guest on 06.03.2011 at 21:44

There is nothing wrong with kids...you just have to be that much more careful...and if you're a vocalist in a band like Nightwish and you have people expecting things from you and you fuck things up like that, you should learn to be more careful in the future which is what I'm sure she'll start practicing doing...I hope she is ok but seriously, I hope she learns something from this...

Yeah, I'm sure she's going to think of you the next time she walk in her living room. "Oh, I'm not going to step on this toy, not because I may get hurt, but because nightwish fans will be disappointed"
11.03.2011 - 18:45
CTKMaster

I'm about sick of this band altogether....First they kick Tarja out for wanting to do motherly things....then they hire Anette who is in no way shape or form what Tarja is...then she has a mental breakdown....recovers and then has a kid of her own?...I thought this was the reason they kicked Tarja out in the first place....and then this incident happens...now she saying that they won't produce the vocals until April and the album won't be released until 2012....4 years? I saw them 2 years ago right when she was going through her issues... and I was pissed I spent the money on that show.....and I LOVE this band....I have nothing more to say on this matter....
13.03.2011 - 17:46
neonxaos

Written by DarkSwan on 07.03.2011 at 16:42

Written by neonxaos on 06.03.2011 at 18:14

Get well soon, Anette (and maybe brush up on those English skills while you're recuperating)! I just broke my own ribs last month, and it's taken me two months to recover. I feel your horrible pain!

Recuperating, huh? someone else needs to improve his english

And who would that be, my friend?
13.03.2011 - 17:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by neonxaos on 13.03.2011 at 17:46

Get well soon, Anette (and maybe brush up on those English skills while you're recuperating)! I just broke my own ribs last month, and it's taken me two months to recover. I feel your horrible pain!

Exactly, perfectly normal word used in the right way:

re·cu·per·ate Verb /riˈko͞opəˌrāt/
Synonyms:
verb: recover, convalesce, retrieve, rally, regain
recuperated past participle; recuperates 3rd person singular present; recuperating present participle; recuperated past tense
1.Recover from illness or exertion
■she has been recuperating from a shoulder wound
■Christmas is a time to recuperate
2.Recover or regain (something lost or taken)
■they will seek to recuperate the returns that go with investment
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.03.2011 - 18:02
neonxaos

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.03.2011 at 17:50

Written by neonxaos on 13.03.2011 at 17:46

Exactly, perfectly normal word used in the right way:

re·cu·per·ate Verb /riˈko͞opəˌrāt/
Synonyms:
verb: recover, convalesce, retrieve, rally, regain
recuperated past participle; recuperates 3rd person singular present; recuperating present participle; recuperated past tense
1.Recover from illness or exertion
■she has been recuperating from a shoulder wound
■Christmas is a time to recuperate
2.Recover or regain (something lost or taken)
■they will seek to recuperate the returns that go with investment

15.03.2011 - 14:13
DarkSwan

me self! LOL
21.03.2011 - 03:08
FrozenJoy

I don't have anything against her, except messing the fuck up with the vocals of one of my favourite bands ever... Yeah, I hope she gets better...

Hits total: 10316 | This month: 10