Metal Storm logo
Nightwish - Vocalist Breaks Ribs

In a terrible home accident last Thursday, Nightwish singer Anette Olzon has tripped over a toy lying on the floor and broke a few ribs in the fall.

Here's the full story: "I sat with Nemo (her second son) in my lap at our dinner table and was gonna stand up and go to the couch and leave him over to Johan (that's Pain bassist Johan Husgafvel for you).

When I stand up, one of Nemo's toys are lying on the floor and I don't look down but just start to walk and whip! I slide on this wooden toy box and falls with my legs straight up and my whole body hits the floor so hard. To keep Nemo safe I hold him up and try to take the fall all by myself. When I fall down I fall on this wooden toy box straight on the side on my ribs. I loose all air and the pain and the sound when I hit the box was horrible. I screamed for so long and it was the worst pain ever felt.

Nemo luckily just scratched his head agains our couch so he got a burn-mark and he held his head up so great that it never fell down hard. His back and legs and himselves were just fine.

I took painkillers and tried to function normally but the pain got bigger and bigger, and I got a fever so after 2,5 hours I called to the emergency who told me to get in there. And already when the doctor saw my ribs she knew it was broken. There´s nothing to do to broken ribs, just painkillers and resting. So now I am lying here with strong pills and can't do anything. Life surely sucks at this time. Pain is horrible and I just hope I soon can get better from that."

Source: anette-olzon.blogspot.com
Band profile: Nightwish
Posted: 06.03.2011 by Vykintas

Comments page 2 / 3

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 68   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 546 users
06.03.2011 - 21:43
Opethian
Tarja sends her best wishes
06.03.2011 - 21:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
There is nothing wrong with kids...you just have to be that much more careful...and if you're a vocalist in a band like Nightwish and you have people expecting things from you and you fuck things up like that, you should learn to be more careful in the future which is what I'm sure she'll start practicing doing...I hope she is ok but seriously, I hope she learns something from this...
06.03.2011 - 21:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Lord Drakiur on 06.03.2011 at 20:02

How is this metal news?

It can be the reason for any cancelled events in the foreseeable future. Fans of the band might also find this of interest.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
06.03.2011 - 21:57
RavenKing
Half the time we get news about Nightwish, it's related to Anette's ordeals.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
06.03.2011 - 22:19
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
"Pain is horrible" is by far the best double-entre I've read for a long time. lol.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
06.03.2011 - 23:06
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by INÆRIS on 06.03.2011 at 18:13

I can'ts believe she talk like this. I wonders how she write Nightwish lyric withs her silly english, if she ever has. Hope her ribs heal soon.

Well, don't worry. Tuomas is always the one who writes the lyrics, and almost all music. (I say almost since Marco and Emppu wrote one song each on the last album).

On topic however. Hope she gets better soon. Sounds really painfull to have broken ribs :S
06.03.2011 - 23:53
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Like I'm reading a tabloid news aboud Paris Hilton I think it was enough just to say that she had a home accident and broke the ribs. Wish her well
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
06.03.2011 - 23:59
bluegreengod
Account deleted
Ouch!
07.03.2011 - 00:17
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite

How is this metal news?

So if Mikael Ackerfelt broke his ribs, that is not news? Just because Nightwish are not heavy and (nowadays) quite poppy, doesn't make them not metal related.
07.03.2011 - 00:17
Damn, that sucks. Hope she recovers okay!
07.03.2011 - 00:34
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 06.03.2011 at 23:06

I can'ts believe she talk like this. I wonders how she write Nightwish lyric withs her silly english, if she ever has. Hope her ribs heal soon.

Well, don't worry. Tuomas is always the one who writes the lyrics, and almost all music. (I say almost since Marco and Emppu wrote one song each on the last album).

On topic however. Hope she gets better soon. Sounds really painfull to have broken ribs :S

Marco has also written one of the "Beauty Of The Beast" parts.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
07.03.2011 - 01:18
Stabby
Account deleted

How is this metal news?

Annette: Sings metal.
Broken ribs = Fucking Metal.

It's not about music but it is of relevance to the fans.
07.03.2011 - 01:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
(piling on.)

How is this metal news?

How are you a "lord?"
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.03.2011 - 01:46
Obaida

That's too bad
and thanx God that nothing happend to Nemo
Anette ..
Oooh, Two For Tragedy
----
If a writer wrote merely for his time,
I would have to break my pen and throw it away ..
07.03.2011 - 02:45
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by Opethian on 06.03.2011 at 21:43

Tarja sends her best wishes

WIN
07.03.2011 - 03:15
BlankFile
"Pain is horrible"

Indeed i agree.
Now being serious i just wanted to wish a fine recovery for miss Anette, and off course im glad to ear that her child is safe and sound after this unfortunate accident.
07.03.2011 - 06:56
3rdWorldFuckface
Account deleted
07.03.2011 - 08:36
STEELER
"nemo luckily scratched his head agains the couch"
07.03.2011 - 10:14
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Huntteri on 06.03.2011 at 20:02

The boy's name is Nemo...Seriously?

Maybe he's named after the fish.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
07.03.2011 - 11:24
Written by M C Vice on 07.03.2011 at 10:14

Written by Huntteri on 06.03.2011 at 20:02

The boy's name is Nemo...Seriously?

Maybe he's named after the fish.

Not sure if this would make it better or worse...
07.03.2011 - 11:59
Mechanixxxx
Wow...just...wow
07.03.2011 - 12:05
Lady Margoth
Nemo is a great name!
Hope Anette gets better soon. Best wishes to her!
07.03.2011 - 12:07
Lady Margoth

Tuomas writes lyrics, by the way.
07.03.2011 - 14:26
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Lady Margoth on 07.03.2011 at 12:07
Tuomas writes lyrics, by the way.
As has been stated twice already

(Why do I always have to be the bastard? Sorry)

I just hope this cuts the number of people who try to use "loose" as a verb

(As above)
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
07.03.2011 - 16:42
DarkSwan
Written by neonxaos on 06.03.2011 at 18:14

Get well soon, Anette (and maybe brush up on those English skills while you're recuperating)! I just broke my own ribs last month, and it's taken me two months to recover. I feel your horrible pain!

Recuperating, huh? someone else needs to improve his english
07.03.2011 - 19:36
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Wait, her kid's name is nobody?
----
08.03.2011 - 08:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
1. That's what you get for having children
2. That's what you get for having a kid named Nemo
3. Smoke a blunt, you'll be better in a few days.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
08.03.2011 - 14:31
CTKMaster
I bet this is just a ploy for their lack of musical production....she sucks anyways...Tarja Turunen FTW
09.03.2011 - 02:19
Symmachus
I hope Anette Olzon heals from this soon, as that could have been worse; lucky how Nemo didn't take a generally bad hit, because babies are quite delicate. Also, considering her career as a singer, this fall and its consequences can certainly affect her activity for at least a little while. Best of wishes to this family!

Written by CTKMaster on 08.03.2011 at 14:31

I bet this is just a ploy for their lack of musical production....she sucks anyways...Tarja Turunen FTW

So, it appears you dislike Anette. I've got no problem with anybody disliking her as a vocalist per se. However, first off, where would the proof be that this information was released to keep Nightwish popular? Also, where is the proof that they have a "lack of musical production"? Some bands don't insist on releasing albums every two or three years, and since there are obviously different conditions for making this album compared to past Nightwish activity (ie: concept album, accompanying movie), it can take and has taken longer. Also, the Anette vs. Tarja comparison is unfit here, since the news has almost nothing to do with Tarja.
09.03.2011 - 03:16
Berserk
Sadface
----
Fear the Old Blood

Hits total: 10320 | This month: 14