Metal Storm logo
Morbid Angel - Reveal New Album Title

Major news update from the Morbid Angel camp!

The seminally influential extreme metal band has set Illud Divinum Insanus as the title of their eagerly awaited forthcoming album, which has been scheduled for a June 6th release (one day later in North America) through Season Of Mist.

Illud Divinum Insanus will be Morbid Angel's eighth studio album - their first in as many years and also the first since legendary frontman David Vincent rejoined the fold in 2004. The album will be the band's first to be recorded without longtime drummer Pedro "Pete" Sandoval, who last year underwent back surgery for a deteriorating disc problem. Filling in for him on a temporary basis is Tim Yeung, who has previously played with Divine Heresy, Nile, Hate Eternal and Vital Remains.

Prior to the release of the album, a single for the song "Nevermore" will be out on May 16th as 7" vinyl and digital download. The B-side will be another song from the album, remixed by Combichrist.

More news soon!

In other news, Morbid Angel has already secured a series of headline shows and festival appearances:

May 21 - Dark Day Festival - Osaka, Japan
May 22 - Dark Day Festival - Tokyo, Japan
May 25 - (venue TBA) - Singapore, Singapore
May 27 - The Hifi - Melbourne, Australia
May 28 - The Manning Bar - Sydney, Australia
June 09 - Sweden Rock Festival - Sölvesborg, Sweden
June 17 - Hellfest Open Air - Clisson, France
June 18 - Copenhell - Copenhagen, Denmark
August 05 - Wacken Open Air - Wacken, Germany
August 06 - Vagos Open Air - Calvão, Portugal
August 11 - Brutal Assault Festival - Jaromer, Czech Republic
August 12 - Party.San Open Air - Bad Berka, Germany
August14 - Bloodstock Open Air - Walton-on-Trent, England

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Morbid Angel
Posted: 09.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   Visited by: 231 users
09.03.2011 - 16:57
MechanisT
Account deleted
Latin, eh? Sounds cool on it's own merit, but don't know what it means. Can anyone tell me what it means?
09.03.2011 - 17:01
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 09.03.2011 at 16:57
Latin, eh? Sounds cool on it's own merit, but don't know what it means. Can anyone tell me what it means?
I looked up "illusion" in my dictionary; apparently it's derived from "illudo" = "mock". So... 'Mocking the Crazy God[s]'? Something like that...

Very happy to have news that they're still active on this album, but come on... surely an NZ show can fit in at the end of May?!
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
09.03.2011 - 17:04
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by Syk on 09.03.2011 at 17:01

I looked up "illusion" in my dictionary; apparently it's derived from "illudo" = "mock". So... 'Mocking the Crazy God'? Something like that...

Makes sense, I guess. Thanks for the insight!
09.03.2011 - 17:11
Mad Mike

With Duke Nukem Forever on the way it's only fitting that Morbid Angel finally have this thing coming out. This is the best news I've heard all year

Also... releasing it on June 6th, most CD stores open at 6 am...very clever guys!
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
09.03.2011 - 17:21
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Yeah! oh my god! i cannot fucking wait! the moment has come!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.03.2011 - 17:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

I looked up "illusion" in my dictionary; apparently it's derived from "illudo" = "mock". So... 'Mocking the Crazy God[s]'? Something like that...

Very happy to have news that they're still active on this album, but come on... surely an NZ show can fit in at the end of May?!

I think it's more along the lines of mocking divine law.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.03.2011 - 17:33
arj

Finally some good news from the Morbid Angel camp. I have a feeling that 2011 will go down as a year with almost too many good metal releases
09.03.2011 - 17:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
What the fuck: a Combichrist remix?!

Wasn't expecting that. I can't imagine how that came to be. I can see Morbid Angel murdering LaPlegua through his arrogance.
09.03.2011 - 17:43
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by arj on 09.03.2011 at 17:33

Finally some good news from the Morbid Angel camp. I have a feeling that 2011 will go down as a year with almost too many good metal releases

it'll surely be a year with MANY releases from important bands. let's hope they'll all succeed!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.03.2011 - 17:54
Abattoir

Very promising and awaited stuff...looking forward to.
09.03.2011 - 18:19
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Here's hoping the very long wait for this album will be worth it! Im very interested in hearing what this is going to be like, with it being so long with David Vincent out of the band...
09.03.2011 - 18:38
Meller
Sleazy Rider
...finally. The King is back and shredding humanity into pulverized mass. *grins with sadistic glee*
----
"Haloo? ...Mulla on sellainen tunne, ett' mä olen surmannut miehen."
09.03.2011 - 18:39
arj

Written by Angelic Storm on 09.03.2011 at 18:19

Here's hoping the very long wait for this album will be worth it! Im very interested in hearing what this is going to be like, with it being so long with David Vincent out of the band...

Here's to hoping that he will bring back the old epicness

Just bow to me faithfully
Bow to me splendidly
09.03.2011 - 18:43
sq_xeper

Awesome news, good to se they follow the alphabetical album names, can't wait for this one!!
----
The only way to learn is be aware and hold on tight...
09.03.2011 - 18:43
Vivi'

I translate it as 'That divine insanity'.
09.03.2011 - 18:49
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
I am vaguely interested. glad it's coming out, but it has been so long they should have skipped i,j,k, and just gone straight to an album title starting with "L".

i hope it's all that and a bag of andy capp hot fries, but am skeptical based upon the delays and the last couple albums.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.03.2011 - 20:08
Thrash666

Cant Wait!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
09.03.2011 - 20:17
@gent_-_orange

Awesome.... Cant wait to hear the new stuff. They have been silent for too long.
09.03.2011 - 21:27
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
How long was it, eight years ?
goddamit i've been waiting for this album, it better be awesome !!
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
10.03.2011 - 04:44
Daydream Nation
Account deleted
Sounds interesting...very nice title.
10.03.2011 - 07:06
Destructo

This is THE best news I have heard till date in 2011. Can't fucking wait. I have a feeling this new album is gonna be a fuckin' nuke !!! Fingers crosses. Every day till June 6th is gonna make me crazy with expectation.
10.03.2011 - 11:01
Favellacon

Ugh, Combichrist remix? Great...
10.03.2011 - 13:31
Bastard Child

The translator say "The Divine Foolish"
----
Allt E Skit
10.03.2011 - 13:53
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.03.2011 at 17:32

Err, no, "ille, illa, illud" (respectively masculine, feminine and neutral) in latin is simply a demonstrative pronoun. And it means: "that". So I guess the translation is more or less "that insane/foolish god/divinity". Although I think this latin album title is a bit incorrect...
10.03.2011 - 14:49
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Guest on 10.03.2011 at 13:53
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.03.2011 at 17:32

Err, no, "ille, illa, illud" (respectively masculine, feminine and neutral) in latin is simply a demonstrative pronoun. And it means: "that". So I guess the translation is more or less "that insane/foolish god/divinity". Although I think this latin album title is a bit incorrect...
I'll believe that. BTW thanks for posting - despite what my Collection page says, you appear to be my closest musical neighbour... I think I need to buy VEmpire
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
10.03.2011 - 15:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist

My guess is they just picked some cool-sounding Latin words and put them together to form the album title.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
10.03.2011 - 16:41
Kenos
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.03.2011 at 15:49

My guess is they just picked some cool-sounding Latin words and put them together to form the album title.

That'd be nothing new, especially coming from a black/death metal band. Just look at other bands like Dark Funeral or Gorgoroth: "Attera Totus Sanctus"? "Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus"? "Quantos Possunt Ad Satanitatem Trahunt"? They're all fucking misspelled, and unintentionally hilarious. Come on guys... If you don't even know basic latin, why don't you just write in english? -.-"
10.03.2011 - 18:26
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.03.2011 - 19:20
Kenos
Account deleted
ROFL
26.12.2011 - 18:27
Milena
gloom cookie
This thread has now been deemed lol worthy.
----
7.0 means the album is good

Hits total: 5100 | This month: 10