Stuart 100%
Emperial78 (USA) 100%

Reviews

Comments

Comments: 28   Visited by: 8 users
11.09.2006 - 23:58
Baz Anderson

yayyyy
im going to see them and i never thought it would be possible to a few months ago
i really cant wait!!
22.09.2006 - 11:53
Graveshift

im going too haha . . . shame its all the way in London though, but it will be worth it!!
----
"We are the sons of a new millenium!!"
23.09.2006 - 18:44
Baz Anderson

Written by Graveshift on 22.09.2006 at 11:53

im going too haha . . . shame its all the way in London though, but it will be worth it!!

yeh, the thing that made me press 'buy' on the ticket was the thought that i would probably never get a chance to see them play live ever again
you know how much i love Emperor - i couldnt just miss that opportunity. haha

p.s. ive changed all my locations to Lincoln now on all the sites and whatever
i dont know if you are going to do the same..
you should get an avatar too.
29.09.2006 - 01:14
Daru Jericho

I'm going too. And it'll only take me £2 to get down there. Perfect, eh?
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

30.09.2006 - 20:34
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 29.09.2006 at 01:14

I'm going too. And it'll only take me £2 to get down there. Perfect, eh?

haha, especially compared to the £60 or whatever it will take me
i am a poor student now as well - i need to buy over £100 worth of books!!
01.10.2006 - 03:07
Daru Jericho

Wow, that's a lotta cash. For books....like...text books or exercise books?

Oh well, just be glad you're going. It's supposed to be their last show ever, it's happening in ENGLAND of all places and to conclude, I'm sure there are some kiddies less than 14 years old who love Emperor and won't be able to make it. But still...28 DAYS TO GO!

It's like that film 28 Days Later haha. *Is being loserish*
----

02.10.2006 - 21:11
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 01.10.2006 at 03:07

Oh well, just be glad you're going. It's supposed to be their last show ever, it's happening in ENGLAND of all places and to conclude, I'm sure there are some kiddies less than 14 years old who love Emperor and won't be able to make it. But still...28 DAYS TO GO!

yeh, on like big proper book things. haha.
'Research Methods And Statistics In Psychology' being one - sounds fun doesnt it

but whatever. back on topic
yeh, their last show ever here. its nice to think isnt it
and we will be seeing it!! i just wish there was something i could take to record it or something
maybe it is best it isnt recoreded, then only us that was there can say we heard it
03.10.2006 - 02:09
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 02.10.2006 at 21:11

'Research Methods And Statistics In Psychology' being one - sounds fun doesnt it

and we will be seeing it!! i just wish there was something i could take to record it or something
maybe it is best it isnt recoreded, then only us that was there can say we heard it

Yeah, I think if we were the only ones who heard it it would make it more exclusive and awesome. I suppose you could record a song or something as long as you vow never to share it with anyone and just watch it yourself at home so no one else could see it lol.

BTW, do you know for sure if it's their last show?
----

03.10.2006 - 03:39
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 03.10.2006 at 02:09

Yeah, I think if we were the only ones who heard it it would make it more exclusive and awesome. I suppose you could record a song or something as long as you vow never to share it with anyone and just watch it yourself at home so no one else could see it lol.

yeh, well i might if i had something to record it with but i dont so oh well

this is the last date they have announced, so i guess we can presume it is the last Emperor show for ever - unless some time in the future they decide to reunite and do a few more dates

hahaha - i just got a vision of Emperor becoming like Status Quo
haha noooo. Emperor will always be strong
04.10.2006 - 00:53
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 03.10.2006 at 03:39

this is the last date they have announced, so i guess we can presume it is the last Emperor show for ever - unless some time in the future they decide to reunite and do a few more dates

So you don't think they're going to announce more dates after this? I hope you're right. 58749758 Emperor farewell shows just doesn't sound good!
----

04.10.2006 - 03:20
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 04.10.2006 at 00:53

So you don't think they're going to announce more dates after this? I hope you're right. 58749758 Emperor farewell shows just doesn't sound good!

yes i agree. i would think they are a band that do what they say, so if they say this will be their last ever then it will be
it will be something top be proud of though wont it - seeing Emperor's last show and all
05.10.2006 - 00:39
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 04.10.2006 at 03:20

yes i agree. i would think they are a band that do what they say, so if they say this will be their last ever then it will be
it will be something top be proud of though wont it - seeing Emperor's last show and all

Yes, definitely. This sort of stuff you expect to happen in the band's home town but here in London...that's just lucky. Think how pissed off all those crazy Norwegian black metallers will be hehe. Only 24 days left now!
----

05.10.2006 - 00:43
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 05.10.2006 at 00:39

Written by Baz Anderson on 04.10.2006 at 03:20

Yes, definitely. This sort of stuff you expect to happen in the band's home town but here in London...that's just lucky. Think how pissed off all those crazy Norwegian black metallers will be hehe. Only 24 days left now!

haha yes indeed. it will definatly be an experience for me as well seeing as it will be my first time in London properly!
what a first impression i am going to get. haha
if it was 95% of the other bands i like i wouldnt even go as it just costs a stupid amount to get there, but this has got to be an exception
05.10.2006 - 00:48
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 05.10.2006 at 00:43

haha yes indeed. it will definatly be an experience for me as well seeing as it will be my first time in London properly!
if it was 95% of the other bands i like i wouldnt even go as it just costs a stupid amount to get there, but this has got to be an exception

Oh yeah, keep forgetting this will be your first time here! You're definitely going to get shocked. It's A LOT different to the other cities in the UK that I've visitied at least. But if this wasn't Emperor's final/comeback show, would you consider going?
----

05.10.2006 - 00:51
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 05.10.2006 at 00:48

Oh yeah, keep forgetting this will be your first time here! You're definitely going to get shocked. It's A LOT different to the other cities in the UK that I've visitied at least. But if this wasn't Emperor's final/comeback show, would you consider going?

oh yes, i would still be going
i have loved Emperor more then just about any other band for a long time now
there is only a few other bands i would rank in higher favor then Emperor. their music just does something to me, its just some of the best music ever

haha, dont say it is different, that unsettles me
how is it different? i can imagine the venue will be bigger then what i am used to - but i cnt think what else might be different..
05.10.2006 - 01:01
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 05.10.2006 at 00:51

there is only a few other bands i would rank in higher favor then Emperor. their music just does something to me, its just some of the best music ever

how is it different? i can imagine the venue will be bigger then what i am used to - but i cnt think what else might be different..

Well, for a start, the buildings and towers are massive (at least that;s what non-native Londoners tell me), the roads are wider and always busy, the air is much heavier and it's so noticable, at least when I go on holiday and return. Londers are quite crappy people too. Very aggressive probably because they lead a rushed way of life. Everything in London rushes by. If you get hit by someone passing by they probably won't say sorry (although there are exceptions!). Mosh pits are apparently more violent too. I can't talk for the rest of England but they're certainly more extreme than the Swedish ones haha.

But don't worry about it. I'll show you the ropes and all. I'll make sure you don't get stabbed or robbed
----

05.10.2006 - 10:53
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 05.10.2006 at 01:01

Well, for a start, the buildings and towers are massive (at least that;s what non-native Londoners tell me), the roads are wider and always busy, the air is much heavier and it's so noticable, at least when I go on holiday and return. Londers are quite crappy people too. Very aggressive probably because they lead a rushed way of life. Everything in London rushes by. If you get hit by someone passing by they probably won't say sorry (although there are exceptions!). Mosh pits are apparently more violent too. I can't talk for the rest of England but they're certainly more extreme than the Swedish ones haha.

But don't worry about it. I'll show you the ropes and all. I'll make sure you don't get stabbed or robbed

haha, it fills me with confidence how me and my friend are going to have to stay over in London. hahaha
we might be going to my friends brothers house though that is just outside London. at least that would be better then sitting in a train station all night (did that in Derby after Bloodstock and it was SO miserable)

i just hope i am not caught in any of these mosh pit things. hahaha

i am guessing there is just one main door.. so which direction do you turn to get steight to the stage?
that is what i am interested in. haha - i want to at least attempt to get to the front
06.10.2006 - 01:26
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 05.10.2006 at 10:53

haha, it fills me with confidence how me and my friend are going to have to stay over in London. hahaha
we might be going to my friends brothers house though that is just outside London. at least that would be better then sitting in a train station all night (did that in Derby after Bloodstock and it was SO miserable)

i am guessing there is just one main door.. so which direction do you turn to get steight to the stage?
that is what i am interested in. haha - i want to at least attempt to get to the front

Um..getting the stage is a bit tricky to describe in words. It's sort of a big venue, you know. I'll just show you in person.
----

06.10.2006 - 13:10
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 06.10.2006 at 01:26

Written by Baz Anderson on 05.10.2006 at 10:53

Um..getting the stage is a bit tricky to describe in words. It's sort of a big venue, you know. I'll just show you in person.

haha, i think that would be best
im just used to venues where you can see the stage as soon as you go in - and just run at it and hook yourself to the front. haha
07.10.2006 - 02:53
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 06.10.2006 at 13:10

im just used to venues where you can see the stage as soon as you go in - and just run at it and hook yourself to the front. haha

OMG, I don't think I've EVER been to a venue where you walk in and you can see the stage immediately! I think the smallest venue I've been in holds 500 people and there's a bit of walking to do then (but really, not much). Still, you must visit some tiny venues XD
----

07.10.2006 - 03:25
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 07.10.2006 at 02:53

OMG, I don't think I've EVER been to a venue where you walk in and you can see the stage immediately! I think the smallest venue I've been in holds 500 people and there's a bit of walking to do then (but really, not much). Still, you must visit some tiny venues XD

ha, dont be too patronising
i just go where i can where there will be a good show
Bradford Rio is the biggest in the north of England (apparently) and as you walk in there the stage is just ahed
The Cockpit and Joseph's Well in Leeds are tiny tiny rooms as well, but it gives a nice intimate show

biggest place i have been is Sheffield's Hallam FM Arena though, and that place is HUGE!!!
haha. it will be interesting to see what it is like in the Astoria
07.10.2006 - 03:37
Daru Jericho

Written by Baz Anderson on 07.10.2006 at 03:25

Bradford Rio is the biggest in the north of England (apparently) and as you walk in there the stage is just ahed
The Cockpit and Joseph's Well in Leeds are tiny tiny rooms as well, but it gives a nice intimate show

biggest place i have been is Sheffield's Hallam FM Arena though, and that place is HUGE!!!

I'm fairly sure the Astoria is MUCH smaller than the Hallam FM arena so don't worry. It's not like an arena or anything; it's far from intimidating.
----

07.10.2006 - 04:17
Baz Anderson

Written by Daru Jericho on 07.10.2006 at 03:37

Written by Baz Anderson on 07.10.2006 at 03:25

I'm fairly sure the Astoria is MUCH smaller than the Hallam FM arena so don't worry. It's not like an arena or anything; it's far from intimidating.

hopefully there'll be plenty of room for everyone in there. hahaha - i dont want to be squashed
i dont mind taking a bit of squishing if i get to the front though. that is what i am aiming at. i am sure it is possible to get there if we get there that early
08.10.2006 - 02:28
Daru Jericho

It's not rare to be crushed in a London crowd. I remember going to a gig and ending up with bruises (not too painful ones though) but I don't bruise easily! I bet people are going to be all pushy shovy though. My friend said that he was going togo upstairs because he reckons it'll be too chaotic in the pit.
----

15.10.2006 - 19:16
IronWinter

Missed Wacken this year so I got my ticket for this gig as soon as I heard about it. The pit shouldn't be too bad. But you never know, it is Emperor. I mean I've been to plenty of gigs at the Astoria some of the best pits I've been in, perhaps becuase they ARE really chaotic. From what I've seen before there's usually a pit on either side of the crowd that sometimes ends up being just one pretty big pit...so yeah i guess it could be chaotic. Oh, and i don't recommend going to the front of the crowd near the stage unless you want to get a little crushed, but you can see the band pretty well from most of the venue which is good, its not an overly big venue, espcially for London, umm..smaller than the Hammersmith Apollo but bigger than the Mean Fiddler, so the perfect size . The only bad thing being the alcohol in there in bloody expensive, i mean i think i was paying like £3.00 a pint last time i went >_<
17.10.2006 - 19:18
Baz Anderson

haha we'll just have to see what happens
why do people find the need to 'mosh' and run into each other and all the rest of it, thats one thing that really annoys me
we can hope that maybe as it is Emperor, the fans might have a bit more intelligence. haha
i dont mind being crushed at the front if i get there as long as it isnt to a point where i pass out - because i really want to get a close up view

it would be amusing if we got there and there wasnt any 'chaos' at all and the people were all nicley stood in rows
28.10.2006 - 10:00
Baz Anderson

its the morning!!!
wow and im rather scared too - first time into London and all
i just hope i can find the place!
31.10.2006 - 02:00
Baz Anderson

..and now its after the show
haha, this is like my little diary - i dont know if anyone else is coming in here or not

but the only thing to be said about the show is WOW!!!!!!
i am still blown away by it
i saw Emperor's last ever show and got a signed book and everything. its unbelieveable!

Hits total: 2988 | This month: 3