Metal Storm logo
King Diamond - Completes Cardiac Rehabilitation Program

Livia Zita has issued the following update on the health status of her husband, the legendary Kim Bendix Petersen - who underwent open-heart triple-bypass surgery last November:

"Some of you have been asking for an update on King Diamond's health, so I thought I'll write what's been going on.

King has just finished his Cardiac Rehabilitation program this past Friday, and graduated with flying colors. Thanks to the wonderful people at the rehab center, his exercise regimen helpe him gain a lot of muscle, and start on the road of building up good endurance. We will start regular exercises now to get the endurance up to nice levels.

The examinations by his heart surgeon and cardiologist revealed that his health is steadily improving, and they all expect him to feel better than ever, 15 years younger than he really is. I am immensely proud of what he has achieved in these short 3 months, stopped smoking entirely, changed diet and doing regular exercise among other things.

I cannot say anything certain about when he will be back working on King Diamond related things, but he is looking forward to finishing the DVD's eventually, and he is most certainly not stopping music.

I hope this information was helpful, I can honestly say that his progress has been nothing short of amazing. He is the strongest person I know. He would also like to extend his huge gratitude to all of you, for your absolutely amazing support. It has really meant a lot to him.

Enjoy his cardiac rehabilitation 'graduation' picture below."

Source: ultimatemetal.com
Band profile: King Diamond
Posted: 14.03.2011 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 20   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 190 users
14.03.2011 - 21:52
Lit. Metalhead
Account deleted
So glad to hear. Love the pic.
King Diamond Forever!
14.03.2011 - 21:55
Derelict Earth
Great great news ! I'm really glad he feels better, can't wait to hear what music he will comes with next !
14.03.2011 - 22:00
Fat & Sassy!
elite
That picture screams awesome on so many levels. XD
14.03.2011 - 22:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast

now reform Mercyful Fate and do a world tour!..
14.03.2011 - 22:31
Murder
Awesome pic XDDD Great news!!!!!!
14.03.2011 - 22:38
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
elite
Fantastic news... didn't sound good there for a little while. Like I said before, my Dad went through the same thing back in November, it's amazing how quickly they can get people back on their feet after such an invasive surgery... I'll join the crowd here:
14.03.2011 - 22:49
Elodie Artour
Slania
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 14.03.2011 at 22:00

That picture screams awesome on so many levels. XD

Exactly!

Good news indeed! I'm glad to read that a rock/metal comrade has been able to fight with his disease.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
15.03.2011 - 00:05
Thrash666
Fuckin awesome news!!!!!!!!! King Diamond Forever!!!!!
----
LONG LIVE THASH!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. "Dimebag" Darrell Abott
Drink a "blacktooth" for Dimebag
15.03.2011 - 00:22
The Norseman
Very nice King! Most of us treat our body like crap, you got a 2nd chance and you are grabbing it hard and tight. You're an inspiration for us all.
15.03.2011 - 00:41
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Thats a relief, we don't need another classic metal musician dying. Dio dying was bad enough, if the King died, the world would implode upon itself.
15.03.2011 - 02:17
NeverAgain
Great news!
15.03.2011 - 02:46
ruffio
This is awesome to hear. Sorta surprising that he smoked considering his vocal style though.
15.03.2011 - 02:46
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
staff
Wait just a minute. King Diamond isn't his real name?
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.03.2011 - 03:28
Mad Mike
I'm very glad he made it. Because if he didn't we'd all be forced to see trolls come on here and say ''I still don't like his music'' .
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
15.03.2011 - 05:33
Stigmatized
The King is back to take up his throne.
15.03.2011 - 05:41
Symmachus
I feeel happy for King Diamond that he has his cardiac troubles minimized. Best wishes.
15.03.2011 - 06:10
Empty Spaces
Unburied At Dusk
Awesome news. Long live the king!
15.03.2011 - 08:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
HE LIVES! Surviving a triple bypass like a savage. And plus 10000 metal points for the certificate.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.03.2011 - 09:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Very glad for the news... only my best wishes to him

And yeah, the picture is pretty badass.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.03.2011 - 16:56
naemah
Am so happy that King's health is improving...keep on this way!
----
"Nothing is more real than nothing." (Samuel Beckett)

Hits total: 6137 | This month: 10